Fake or Real?

Discuss wolves (news, sightings, etc.).

Moderators: Isela, Koa

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Fake or Real?

Post by pawnee » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:09 pm

hmmm woulnd't be surprised if some hybrids got into the picture. Their are lots of feral dogs near northern communities that go unchecked...but as far as I know their arctic wolves (its in the Northwest Territories).

The first two are just.....big wolves. Their huge! If you consider the average man is like...say 5 foot and seven inches...that wolf makes him look small. That wolf standing at the shoulders is like six feet! 0_0
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

Wolf Runner1
Yearling
Yearling
Location: Currently? Probably either: Pluto, or Saturn. Feel free to check both places.

Post by Wolf Runner1 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:08 pm

As other people have said, I think the first two are for sure fake. The last one does look like they might have shot some crosses, or maybe fake as well. The one on the right looks (to me) like a Husky crossed with a Great Pyrenees, and maybe some wolf. That's totally my opinion though.
Profile pic via the lovely NatureGirl

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:55 am

I would have to say that the first one is definitely fake. The second one looks fake as well, but the third looks as if it could be real. The third one does look a bit like a husky mixed with a malamute or wolf, so it oculd be real but not 100% wolf.
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

eyheralde
Yearling
Yearling
Location: Nowhere at all...Nowhwere at all...Nowhere- Never mind, now I'm right behind you

Post by eyheralde » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:26 pm

The first 2 are fake.But the third looks real.And if they are Arctic wolves, they should be.Arctic wolves are a seperate species of wolf growing to 160 pounds.And I didn't pull that out of thin air, my dad :D is a naturalist.
You will never know if you don't ask.- Me

People will copy you. Then you do something else. The key is the doing something else.-Leonardo DaVinci
No, DaVinci. The key is the going on WQ!-Me

wq47 HawkTail
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by wq47 HawkTail » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:33 pm

They could all be real or all be fake. You never know unless you know where the wolves were killed/captured. Their size all depends on where they are from. The largest wolf on record (Alaska) was 275 pounds. The largest in Europe i believe was only around 135 pounds. :)
I have migrated to the account A Needlepoint Dreary for no reason c:. Follow me there and on dA;

http://www.macabre-x-macbeth.deviantart.com

Nightskydapple
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Waiting for "Her" to turn back and realise I'm here enduring the pain.

Post by Nightskydapple » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:43 am

I'd think the first couple look fake, and the ones near the end..
Its hard to tell, theres Photoshops and Corel Painters so you can basically change anything.
~Yeah I'm smiling,[/color]Inside dieing.~
Behind this fake mask of mine,
Paper thin lies, what I wished for most is a paper heart,
then you can't come and destroy and tear it apart like you
did to my last one.~

cloudywolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by cloudywolf » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:23 pm

I would say that they are all fake, for one the first picture, the wolf's muzzle looks to large(well thats what i think about it >> idk if a wolf's muzzle really does get that large or anything but it certainly nothin i seen :? )

Second one seems fake aswel, the front legs to me seem to skinny and short.

Third one im not so sure about, for one i don't see any blood and their tails look to be really small and their heads a bit big. but some how im just not sure :?

Any way its sad how people kill wolves
I believe in freedom, and peace. But sometimes, you don't always get what you want. Don't believe lies, don't trust strangers who out of the blue talk to you, and beware of scams such as the 2012 lie. YOUR choices shape YOUR future.

~cloudywolf

Little Brook

Post by Little Brook » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:08 am

I say the last one and the one Sheeba posted are real. The first one looks like it's definetely Photoshopped. The second one looks believable, but also looks like a big stuffed animal [filled with fluff, not an actual, murdered, stuffed wolf >.<]. It's still sad they woud kill those [HUGE,] magnificent animals.

Silver Shadow
Pup
Pup

Post by Silver Shadow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:13 pm

shadowwolf2234 wrote:After doing some research, the first picture is a real world record wolf, the man shot it with a bow and it supposedly weighed 230 LBS
That's kinda hard to believe but maybe it's the last dire wolf or something? I was sure the first 2 were edited but the last seemed more real.

A pack is like fudge...
Mostly sweet with a few nuts...

SAVE Invader Zim!!! Buy the Operation Doom DVD!!!

Thanks Snowfire of Web Earth Online for my avatar!

()_()
(.)
( \ \)3 <---Fear BuNNY!

Canidae
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Canidae » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:28 pm

Silver Shadow wrote:
shadowwolf2234 wrote:After doing some research, the first picture is a real world record wolf, the man shot it with a bow and it supposedly weighed 230 LBS
That's kinda hard to believe but maybe it's the last dire wolf or something? I was sure the first 2 were edited but the last seemed more real.

Dire wolves were extinct thousands of years ago...waaay before cameras were invented.
Like animal photography? Check out my Deviantart account:
http://familycanidae.deviantart.com/

Serenal
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Serenal » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:52 pm

I suppose they could be real, but imo it seems highly unlikely. Especially in the third picture, it just seems photoshopped or something of the sort. As said before, there's no blood, which leads me to believe it's fake, as well as the fact that wolves are hardly ever that large, if at all.

"We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~Don Carpenter.

xX---Sweetfire---Xx
Pup
Pup

Post by xX---Sweetfire---Xx » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:32 pm

The first one looks like plush to me. I'm not sure about the seond picture, and the third one looks like a husky-wolf mix.
''If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater. . . suggest that he wear a tail." - Fran Lebowitz|

Thorn claw
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Thorn claw » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:57 pm

im not sure if they are real or not, but the top two wolves look like me when the farmer in the cattle ranch gets me lol
I support the Horde.

If vegetable oil is made out of vegetables, and corn oil is made out of corn, then whats baby oil made of?

I'm may be short, but I never get hit by lightning.

"I like clouds. I call them sky kittens." -Reese

StoneRose
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by StoneRose » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:55 am

Yeah, the first one is probably a plush because of the 'no blood' situation.
Say bye-bye to Stone!
That's right, I'm leaving. :/
Not forever, though~
Please ban/deactivate my account.

PEACE OUT, DUDES.

Grin
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Grin » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:01 am

Well, I don't necessarily think that there has to be a huge mess of blood when an animal is killed, especially if it was shot with an arrow. And trust me, I would know...^^

Still, that doesn't mean that the photos are real, but something about the first one doesn't seem right like everyone else said.

Maybe the guys holding them are just small... xD

___┍ ɢ ʀ ɪ ɴ ┑___

▔▔┕ ʜ ᴏ ᴜ ɴ ᴅ ┙▔▔

Return to “General Wolf Discussion”