How would you react to...

Discuss wolves (news, sightings, etc.).

Moderators: Isela, Koa

User avatar
Edme1
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Posts: 681
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:47 pm
Gender: Female
Location: SUMMON THY WARHAMMER OF ZILLYHOO
Contact:

Re: How would you react to...

Post by Edme1 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:08 pm

I would stay inside and immediately call someone who could come deal with it.

A little bit of a different question: Let's say you and your friend were taking a walk together when you see a wolf in front of you. Your friend loves wolves but doesn't know wolf safety precautions and runs towards it, wanting to pet it and hug it. You know that your friend shouldn't do that; the wolf could attack and hurt your friend, or your friend could be too rough and hurt the wolf. How do you deal with the situation?
Bustin' makes me feel good~

"Advance or a8scond!"

♋ ♈ ♉ ♊ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

http://blueranyk.deviantart.com/
Av from Homestuck

User avatar
Chemuhk
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:06 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Sunny Arizona

Re: How would you react to...

Post by Chemuhk » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:38 pm

I would immediately call for my friend to stop, then instruct him to walk slowly back towards me. I would tell him the simple basics of safety on the fly in a calm voice, then back slowly away with my friend from the wolf, all the while keeping him in my vision without looking him in the eye. I would get to a safe distance (FAAAAR away) and call wildlife control to deal with the wolf, then take my friend back home and give her/him a lesson in wildlife safety to the best of my abilities.

How would you react to being on a hike in the woods (alone) and seeing a wolf who shows all the symptoms of rabies? He is VERY aggressive, but hasn't seen you yet (any loud noise could alert him to your presence). You have all the basic hiking supplies, including a cell phone.
För allting börja nånstans när ja tappar balansen,
Woah,
Det klart det blir så när man dansar
nära kanten.

7Tesla
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:55 am

Re: How would you react to...

Post by 7Tesla » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:22 am

I would most likely stop moving, and slowly reach for the phone and see if I have any signal. If I do, I would call someone (from the authorities) to come and pick me up, most likely, or deal with the wolf. If I do not have signal, I would try to move away slowly.

How would you react if you are on top of the mountain, alone, in a cabin, in the middle of the night, and a pack of wolves come near the cabin and try to break inside?
| | The Timeless One | |

_______________________

| |ɥǝ ıɯǝlǝss Ouǝ | |
avatar by TheInfinite<3

User avatar
Edme1
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Posts: 681
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:47 pm
Gender: Female
Location: SUMMON THY WARHAMMER OF ZILLYHOO
Contact:

Re: How would you react to...

Post by Edme1 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:48 pm

That is an unlikely situation, unless the wolves could smell food and they were super-starving or something, but I would lock al the doors and call someone who could come deal with them, or wait them out until they go away on their own.

Let's say you are taking a hike through a forest. You hear a cry up ahead, and you walk slowly forward to investigate. You see two wolf pups, very young ones, cowering back against a boulder. A coyote is approaching them from the other side, cornering them. The coyote looks hungry and is getting closer and closer to the helpless wolf pups. What do you do?
Bustin' makes me feel good~

"Advance or a8scond!"

♋ ♈ ♉ ♊ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

http://blueranyk.deviantart.com/
Av from Homestuck

Brista
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:50 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Who knows? I don't...

Re: How would you react to...

Post by Brista » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Presuming I had my walking stick with me I would keep a safe distance from the pups but hit the coyote and hope it would run away.(Hmmm, i'm putting wolf pups before my own safety) After that I would call the authorities seeing as wolf pups that young shouldn't be out of the den.
If I didn't have my walking stick I wouldn't have any choice but let nature take it's course.

What if you walk through your front door late one night, with an armful of groceries. You hear something downstairs, you set the groceries down on the kitchen counter and walk in to the living room. You notice a broken window and notice a handful(or a PAWful) of pawprints too big to be a dogs. Horror grasping you in its deathly cold grip, you follow them to the basement, walking down the stairs you turn and see a heavily scarred wolf with several new cuts clearly from the glass. A quick glance tells you that it clearly was the scapegoat of a pack it had presumedly left. The wolf has not noticed you, but is hungrily devouring a slab of steak you had carelessly left out the day before that had started to smell a bit. You had been planning to clean it up before you went to bed. It is too late now, you think to yourself, How would you react?

Sorry if that is unrealistic.
UOTM October 2012

User avatar
Edme1
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Posts: 681
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:47 pm
Gender: Female
Location: SUMMON THY WARHAMMER OF ZILLYHOO
Contact:

Re: How would you react to...

Post by Edme1 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:43 pm

I would back slowly away and close the door to my basement, then immediately call a wildlife center to come deal with it. Man, that would be scary! :shock:

How would you react to finding a dead wolf in the middle of the road? :cry:
Bustin' makes me feel good~

"Advance or a8scond!"

♋ ♈ ♉ ♊ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

http://blueranyk.deviantart.com/
Av from Homestuck

User avatar
WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:08 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Twilight Breaking Dawn. Chapter 21, Page 258.
Contact:

Re: How would you react to...

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:53 pm

I would cry until my heart and eye comes out or stop cause i love wolves.
HOW WOULD U REACT A WOLF AS UR OWN PET?
Thanks Wolf Thief for the avvie! I love it! Ill be stalking you c:

STAY OUT MY MIRROR, STAY OUT OF MY WAY

Brista
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:50 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Who knows? I don't...

Re: How would you react to...

Post by Brista » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:46 pm

I wouldn't own a wolf in the first place, but if it magically appeared there I would call the wolf center in Ely to come and get it.

How would you react to a wolf watching you from nearby only slightly hidden?
UOTM October 2012

User avatar
WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:08 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Twilight Breaking Dawn. Chapter 21, Page 258.
Contact:

Re: How would you react to...

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:18 am

Ill a Wolf Center or 911 but ill mostly freak out
How u react if u hit a wolf? And it died?
Thanks Wolf Thief for the avvie! I love it! Ill be stalking you c:

STAY OUT MY MIRROR, STAY OUT OF MY WAY

Brista
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:50 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Who knows? I don't...

Re: How would you react to...

Post by Brista » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:27 am

I would probably report to a wolf center or the DNR

How would you react if you were hiking in the woods, and came across a wolf den with about seven wolf pups inside and behind you. They appear to be alone and you see no wolves nearby not even a pawprint in the muddy ground?
UOTM October 2012

User avatar
WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:08 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Twilight Breaking Dawn. Chapter 21, Page 258.
Contact:

Re: How would you react to...

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Ill take them and bring it my tent until our trip is over and bring to Wolf Center
How would you react if a group of wolves is ready to attack your family?
Thanks Wolf Thief for the avvie! I love it! Ill be stalking you c:

STAY OUT MY MIRROR, STAY OUT OF MY WAY

User avatar
Edme1
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Posts: 681
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:47 pm
Gender: Female
Location: SUMMON THY WARHAMMER OF ZILLYHOO
Contact:

Re: How would you react to...

Post by Edme1 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:54 pm

Freak out and run. :shock: How would you react to finding a wolf milling around in your back yard, and your dog is out there too?
Bustin' makes me feel good~

"Advance or a8scond!"

♋ ♈ ♉ ♊ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

http://blueranyk.deviantart.com/
Av from Homestuck

User avatar
WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:08 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Twilight Breaking Dawn. Chapter 21, Page 258.
Contact:

Re: How would you react to...

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Ill will freak out and call a 911
How would you react to see a dead wolf in the middle of the street? :shock:
Thanks Wolf Thief for the avvie! I love it! Ill be stalking you c:

STAY OUT MY MIRROR, STAY OUT OF MY WAY

Brista
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:50 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Who knows? I don't...

Re: How would you react to...

Post by Brista » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:10 pm

I would call the wolf center and the DNR

How would you react to a wolf crossing the road as you were driving home one night?
UOTM October 2012

User avatar
Leaf Rain
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:56 pm
Gender: Female
Location: The Realm of Asgard

Re: How would you react to...

Post by Leaf Rain » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:27 am

I would immediately step on the brake. And let the wolf pass.
What would you do if a wolf just walked into your home?
⊱ Leaf Rain ⊰

Never explain-
Your friends don't need it,
And your enemies will not believe you anyway.
≍≍≍≍≍≍≍≍

Post Reply

Return to “General Wolf Discussion”