How would you react to...

Discuss wolves (news, sightings, etc.).

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Post Reply
User avatar
La Striata
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:01 pm
Location: Wadi-Abu-Diba

Re: How would you react to...

Post by La Striata » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:11 am

WolvesOfTheSeas wrote:Ill call someone and tell them to put the wolf to sleep and transfer it to it population
How you react a wolf eating your dog?
I'd kill it, even if all I had at hand was a shovel.

How would you react if two "endangered" wolf subspecies populations suddenly started mixing with one another? Would you let nature take its course, or would you try and seperate them to keep the gene-pool pure?
I cannot see that wolves are in any way nobler in character than hyenas- Frederick Selous

User avatar
WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:08 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Twilight Breaking Dawn. Chapter 21, Page 258.
Contact:

Re: How would you react to...

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:40 pm

Ill let nature takes it course. Lol.
How would you react if you had two wolves ( Female and Male) and they had pups?
Thanks Wolf Thief for the avvie! I love it! Ill be stalking you c:

STAY OUT MY MIRROR, STAY OUT OF MY WAY

User avatar
HowlerOfTheWolves
Pup
Pup
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:42 pm
Gender: Female
Location: idek

Re: How would you react to...

Post by HowlerOfTheWolves » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:53 pm

I guess I would be happy :mrgreen:

How would you react if a wolf was in your backyard?

User avatar
Edme1
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Posts: 681
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:47 pm
Gender: Female
Location: SUMMON THY WARHAMMER OF ZILLYHOO
Contact:

Re: How would you react to...

Post by Edme1 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:51 pm

I would stay inside, keep my dog inside, and call a wolf or wildlife center.

How would you react to seeing a wolf in a farmer's barn or field? Would you let nature take its course, get the wolf out, warn the farmer?
Bustin' makes me feel good~

"Advance or a8scond!"

♋ ♈ ♉ ♊ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

http://blueranyk.deviantart.com/
Av from Homestuck

User avatar
WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:08 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Twilight Breaking Dawn. Chapter 21, Page 258.
Contact:

Re: How would you react to...

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:54 pm

I ill let nature take it course!
How would react out if you saw a pack of wolves fighting near you house?
Thanks Wolf Thief for the avvie! I love it! Ill be stalking you c:

STAY OUT MY MIRROR, STAY OUT OF MY WAY

wolf_storm
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: Running from some Creepers... SSSSSSSSS....

Re: How would you react to...

Post by wolf_storm » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:24 pm

I would probably watch for a bit from a safe place then call a local Wolf Center and inform them.

How would you react if you found a den of young pups with no adults around, then found both of the parents dead nearby?
).........(\_
((.... _/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (. ;.._\\

.................AVVIE BY Koa

User avatar
WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:08 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Twilight Breaking Dawn. Chapter 21, Page 258.
Contact:

Re: How would you react to...

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:46 am

Ill take the pups and take care of them until they get big.
How would you react to a under your BED?
Thanks Wolf Thief for the avvie! I love it! Ill be stalking you c:

STAY OUT MY MIRROR, STAY OUT OF MY WAY

Miku Hatsune
Pup
Pup
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:29 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Among millions of scottie dogs.

Re: How would you react to...

Post by Miku Hatsune » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:52 am

I'd start believing in the monster under the bed. NAH, JKJK. I'd definitely get out of my room, then call animal control. After that, I'd probably be scarred for life and not sleep in my room that night.

How would you react to this scenario:
You are hiking a trail in Yellowstone in order to see the wolves. You're very happy, but by the time you get to the wolf watching area, you are very tired. You hear a noise behind you, and instinctively turn around to see a wolf. It looks hungry, and unhappy. It's eyeing you! You were eating a hamburger by this time. What would you do?
ι тσσк α киιfє αи∂ ¢υт συт нєя єує
ι тσσк ιт нσмє αи∂ ωαт¢нє∂ ιт
ωιтнєя αи∂ ∂ιє
ѕнє'ѕ ℓυ¢ку тнαт ι ∂ι∂и'т ѕℓιρ нєя α ѕмιℓє
иσw ѕнє ѕℓєєρѕ ωιтн єує σρєи
тнαтѕ тнє ρяι¢є ѕнє ραι∂...
icon by jewelz

User avatar
roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:40 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: How would you react to...

Post by roguemoon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:18 am

I'd throw the hamburger at it- hopefully the wolf would choose that over me. If the wolf was not satisfied with the hamburger and still had an interest in me, I'd do what most guides and such tell you to do and try to scare it away.


What would you do if you looked outside one morning to see a wolf calmly resting on your front lawn?
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."
Avatar credit to Lupinz

User avatar
Edme1
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Posts: 681
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:47 pm
Gender: Female
Location: SUMMON THY WARHAMMER OF ZILLYHOO
Contact:

Re: How would you react to...

Post by Edme1 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:18 am

I would freak out first, then get inside and call someone to come deal with it, or just suit up in protective clothes and try to scare it away.

He would you react to a wolf wrecking your garage?
Bustin' makes me feel good~

"Advance or a8scond!"

♋ ♈ ♉ ♊ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

http://blueranyk.deviantart.com/
Av from Homestuck

User avatar
WolvesAndSpiders
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:14 pm
Gender: Female
Location: The attic.
Contact:

Re: How would you react to...

Post by WolvesAndSpiders » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:36 am

I probably honk the horn in my car to scare it away (lol), then call animal control if it was still there.

what would you do if a pack of wolves got in your yard and were attacking your dogs? :shock:
☽pills don't help, but it sure is funny☾
undercover-mcr-peach.tumblr.com
Icon © LupinzPack

User avatar
roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:40 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: How would you react to...

Post by roguemoon » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:21 pm

Run out there with an air horn and whatever heavy weapon I could find (bat, shovel, etc) and try to scare them away. I don't care if it's a whole pack of wolves, I'd try to save my dogs.


How would you react if people wanted to introduce wolves into an area overrun with deer in order to control the population? Would you be against it and just let nature take it's course in order to prevent any possible side effects, or would you support the introduction of wolves?
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."
Avatar credit to Lupinz

Brista
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:50 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Who knows? I don't...

Re: How would you react to...

Post by Brista » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:30 pm

I would support it.

How would you react to a wolf with a broken paw limping towards your garbage can?
UOTM October 2012

ArrowWolf005
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:09 am
Gender: Female
Location: Do you hear the people sing?

Re: How would you react to...

Post by ArrowWolf005 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:47 am

I would call the closest wolf sanctuary (only about an hour away) and the vet, as well as stay in my house.

So, you've been hiking in the woods when you come across this wolf den. There are no adult wolves around, but even100 feet away their little spueals and yelp are heard. You hunker down behind a tree wit your camera out to snap a photo when the parents come back. You wait an hour, and still no sign of the parents, when in the corner of your eye, you see a small, dog- like shape streaking towards the den. First you think it's the mother bringing back food, and then you see it's a coyote, and since you play WolfQuest, you know it's dangerous to the young pups. What do you do?
Arrow
Hunting with the pack for 2 years
Rumors
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=71954
Definition
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=72174

User avatar
Edme1
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Posts: 681
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:47 pm
Gender: Female
Location: SUMMON THY WARHAMMER OF ZILLYHOO
Contact:

Re: How would you react to...

Post by Edme1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:54 pm

This is probably the wrong thing to do, but I would probably run forward and kill it dead.

Let's say you're out on a hike, walking along, and then an elk races right past you. O.O You're shocked and you turn around- to see a pack of wolves streaking after it. You're right between them and the elk, and the wolves aren't slowing down. What do you do?
Bustin' makes me feel good~

"Advance or a8scond!"

♋ ♈ ♉ ♊ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

http://blueranyk.deviantart.com/
Av from Homestuck

Post Reply

Return to “General Wolf Discussion”