What would u do if you see a wolf pup

Discuss wolves (news, sightings, etc.).

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Post Reply
User avatar
Lunawolf25
Pup
Pup
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:31 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Some where on earth, in the middle of nowhere. Country of boredom, don't have to know the rest
Contact:

What would u do if you see a wolf pup

Post by Lunawolf25 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:50 pm

Like what the question says so what do you do if you spot a lost injured wolf pup somewhere would you:
1) Keep it as your pet
2) Take care of it until it is healthy and set it free
3) find it's parents
4) ignore it
(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸˩ʋиα¸.´¸.*¨)¸.*¨)
Ƭнɛʏ αяɛ вяαʌɛ σғ ƨσʋ,
cɛαя σғ ɛʏɛ αи мιи
тнɛʏ αяɛ ƨтяσиɢ σғ ʝαω
тнɛʏ αяɛ σʏα-κιи
тнɛʏ αяɛ κɛɛи тσ ƨcɛит
Ǫʋιcκ тσ 'ғɛи тнɛιя κιи
тнɛʏ αяɛ нσт σғ вσσ
тнɛʏ αяɛ ƨσω тσ ƨιи.
Ǥяɛʏ вяσωи ωнιтɛ вαcκ вσиɛ
ɛαя тαι ραω cαω тσиɢʋɛ
тнɛʏ ραƨ αƨ α ραcκ
αи тнɛʏ мɛт тσɢɛтнɛя
ƨσ тнαт σиɛ ιƨ ραят σғ α
αи α вɛcσмɛ σиɛ.
avvie & sig © lunawolf25(Luna)

User avatar
La Striata
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:01 pm
Location: Wadi-Abu-Diba

Re: What would u do if you see a wolf pup

Post by La Striata » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Ignore it. That's the recommended course of action in encountering any wildlife species, so I don't see why wolves should be treated differently.
I cannot see that wolves are in any way nobler in character than hyenas- Frederick Selous

User avatar
Lunawolf25
Pup
Pup
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:31 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Some where on earth, in the middle of nowhere. Country of boredom, don't have to know the rest
Contact:

Re: What would u do if you see a wolf pup

Post by Lunawolf25 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:50 pm

La Striata wrote:Ignore it. That's the recommended course of action in encountering any wildlife species, so I don't see why wolves should be treated differently.
Hmm... I understand what you meant. But If I see a wolf pup I would find its parents rather than be left out dying out there.
(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸˩ʋиα¸.´¸.*¨)¸.*¨)
Ƭнɛʏ αяɛ вяαʌɛ σғ ƨσʋ,
cɛαя σғ ɛʏɛ αи мιи
тнɛʏ αяɛ ƨтяσиɢ σғ ʝαω
тнɛʏ αяɛ σʏα-κιи
тнɛʏ αяɛ κɛɛи тσ ƨcɛит
Ǫʋιcκ тσ 'ғɛи тнɛιя κιи
тнɛʏ αяɛ нσт σғ вσσ
тнɛʏ αяɛ ƨσω тσ ƨιи.
Ǥяɛʏ вяσωи ωнιтɛ вαcκ вσиɛ
ɛαя тαι ραω cαω тσиɢʋɛ
тнɛʏ ραƨ αƨ α ραcκ
αи тнɛʏ мɛт тσɢɛтнɛя
ƨσ тнαт σиɛ ιƨ ραят σғ α
αи α вɛcσмɛ σиɛ.
avvie & sig © lunawolf25(Luna)

User avatar
La Striata
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:01 pm
Location: Wadi-Abu-Diba

Re: What would u do if you see a wolf pup

Post by La Striata » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:39 am

Lunawolf25 wrote: Hmm... I understand what you meant. But If I see a wolf pup I would find its parents rather than be left out dying out there.
And how would you find its parents? Are you any good at tracking? And what's the guarantee that the parents won't rush off the moment they smell you coming?
I cannot see that wolves are in any way nobler in character than hyenas- Frederick Selous

alethe
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2811
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:39 pm
Name: [REDACTED]
Gender: Female
Location: scadrial
Contact:

Re: What would u do if you see a wolf pup

Post by alethe » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:39 am

Leave it. Survival of the fittest. Taking an animal out of its home is never a good option. And certainly not keeping it as your pet. That's how wolves and wolf dogs end up in sanctuaries. The owners DON'T KNOW HOW to take care of them!

You can't set free a wolf pup that you've taken care of. It would most likely die, espically if it imprinted on you. It wouldn't know how to hunt or take care of itself.

As La Striata said, finding the parents is impossible for a human.


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


av/sig : lupe

User avatar
wolvesFTW-_-145
Pup
Pup
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:02 am
Gender: Male
Location: Playing The last of us

Re: What would u do if you see a wolf pup

Post by wolvesFTW-_-145 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:06 am

I would keep it as a pet

also, some people should agree with me :)

any people who thinks they should leave it alone, your either stupid or you don't care about wolves
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a wolf
And so are you

Avatar (c) LupinzPack

User avatar
valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Posts: 3488
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:58 am
Name: Rowan
Gender: Male
Location: southern icefields

Re: What would u do if you see a wolf pup

Post by valkea » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:14 am

wolvesFTW-_-145 wrote:any people who thinks they should leave it alone, your either stupid or you don't care about wolves
There is no need to be rude. Please be respectful of other peoples' opinions.

Keeping a wolf as a pet can be very dangerous for you, and for the wolf itself. Even if you know how to care for an actual wolf, it is still a wild, unpredictable animal.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

_____________________

avatar - lupinzpack

alethe
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2811
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:39 pm
Name: [REDACTED]
Gender: Female
Location: scadrial
Contact:

Re: What would u do if you see a wolf pup

Post by alethe » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:33 am

wolvesFTW-_-145 wrote:I would keep it as a pet

also, some people should agree with me :)

any people who thinks they should leave it alone, your either stupid or you don't care about wolves
Without proper habitat, socialization, and training the wolf won't be able to live properly. You may think the wolf is cute as a puppy, but what if it grows up and tears up your furniture? Its dangerous to have domesticated animals and children around wolves as well, espically if the children are roudy. It'll stimulate their prey drive. We were at a wolf center and got to socialize with the wolves, and my ten year old brother was told specifically to be still and silent for this reason. Wolves and wolf dogs aren't pets nor domestic, no matter how socialized they might be.

Many wolves end up in centers or are put down because of people who think they can take care of them, but they end up being a handful and they can't provide proper care.

Please do your research before calling anyone stupid for disagreeing with you. You havr your opinions, we'll have ours.


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


av/sig : lupe

User avatar
wolvesFTW-_-145
Pup
Pup
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:02 am
Gender: Male
Location: Playing The last of us

Re: What would u do if you see a wolf pup

Post by wolvesFTW-_-145 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:06 pm

river6 wrote:
wolvesFTW-_-145 wrote:I would keep it as a pet

also, some people should agree with me :)

any people who thinks they should leave it alone, your either stupid or you don't care about wolves
Without proper habitat, socialization, and training the wolf won't be able to live properly. You may think the wolf is cute as a puppy, but what if it grows up and tears up your furniture? Its dangerous to have domesticated animals and children around wolves as well, espically if the children are roudy. It'll stimulate their prey drive. We were at a wolf center and got to socialize with the wolves, and my ten year old brother was told specifically to be still and silent for this reason. Wolves and wolf dogs aren't pets nor domestic, no matter how socialized they might be.

Many wolves end up in centers or are put down because of people who think they can take care of them, but they end up being a handful and they can't provide proper care.

Please do your research before calling anyone stupid for disagreeing with you. You havr your opinions, we'll have ours.
Well I would still do it
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a wolf
And so are you

Avatar (c) LupinzPack

alethe
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2811
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:39 pm
Name: [REDACTED]
Gender: Female
Location: scadrial
Contact:

Re: What would u do if you see a wolf pup

Post by alethe » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:12 pm

Not my problem. If you want to take an animal from its natural habitat and try to give it the proper care, so be it.


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


av/sig : lupe

User avatar
wolvesFTW-_-145
Pup
Pup
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:02 am
Gender: Male
Location: Playing The last of us

Re: What would u do if you see a wolf pup

Post by wolvesFTW-_-145 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:38 pm

are u saying u would leave that pup to die!? :evil: :evil: :evil:
HOW DARE U!!! :evil:
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a wolf
And so are you

Avatar (c) LupinzPack

alethe
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2811
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:39 pm
Name: [REDACTED]
Gender: Female
Location: scadrial
Contact:

Re: What would u do if you see a wolf pup

Post by alethe » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:02 pm

I don't want to see any animal dead. But sadly, survival of the fittest. It happens, espically in the wild.

Honestly, its wolfaboos like you who give wolf fans a bad name. Please, do your research. The wolf pup would be better off in the wild than in an abusive situation in captivity. You might think ita not abuse to save the animal, but I guarantee that you don't know how to properly care for a wolf.

Plus, what if your loveable wolf gets out and attacks your neighbor's child? What then? Liability is on you.

Also, how do you know that the pup has been abandoned?


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


av/sig : lupe

User avatar
wolvesFTW-_-145
Pup
Pup
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:02 am
Gender: Male
Location: Playing The last of us

Re: What would u do if you see a wolf pup

Post by wolvesFTW-_-145 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:46 pm

river6 wrote:I don't want to see any animal dead. But sadly, survival of the fittest. It happens, espically in the wild.

Honestly, its wolfaboos like you who give wolf fans a bad name. Please, do your research. The wolf pup would be better off in the wild than in an abusive situation in captivity. You might think ita not abuse to save the animal, but I guarantee that you don't know how to properly care for a wolf.

Plus, what if your loveable wolf gets out and attacks your neighbor's child? What then? Liability is on you.

Also, how do you know that the pup has been abandoned?
Wow...

Um...

O...K...? :cry:
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a wolf
And so are you

Avatar (c) LupinzPack

alethe
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2811
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:39 pm
Name: [REDACTED]
Gender: Female
Location: scadrial
Contact:

Re: What would u do if you see a wolf pup

Post by alethe » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:04 pm

Sorry, but its true. Unless you have about 5 acres of land enclosed in a ten foot tall metal fence (keep in mind the fence must go 5+ feet into the ground so that the wolf can't dig under) and a whole lot of money for food (raw meat. I've cut up food to feed wolves before. Horse works best; its the closest to a wolf's natural food source), you don't have the right resources to keep the wolf. Often they end up in places where they can't roam free or where they don't get proper care, thus causing more problems for wolf centers. Some have to turn wolves down because of space, and those get put down.

Also, in most states (I'm not sure if you live in America or not but) owning a wolf or wolf dog is illegal without proper permit. I know that in my state if any wolves/wolf dogs get turned into a shelter they put them down because they can't be adopted out.


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


av/sig : lupe

User avatar
wolvesFTW-_-145
Pup
Pup
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:02 am
Gender: Male
Location: Playing The last of us

Re: What would u do if you see a wolf pup

Post by wolvesFTW-_-145 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:11 pm

river6 wrote:Sorry, but its true. Unless you have about 5 acres of land enclosed in a ten foot tall metal fence (keep in mind the fence must go 5+ feet into the ground so that the wolf can't dig under) and a whole lot of money for food (raw meat. I've cut up food to feed wolves before. Horse works best; its the closest to a wolf's natural food source), you don't have the right resources to keep the wolf. Often they end up in places where they can't roam free or where they don't get proper care, thus causing more problems for wolf centers. Some have to turn wolves down because of space, and those get put down.

Also, in most states (I'm not sure if you live in America or not but) owning a wolf or wolf dog is illegal without proper permit. I know that in my state if any wolves/wolf dogs get turned into a shelter they put them down because they can't be adopted out.
Now your just saying that because u want me to change what I say :evil:

And we'll guess what, it's NOT working 8)

u REALLY don't care about wolves
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a wolf
And so are you

Avatar (c) LupinzPack

Post Reply

Return to “General Wolf Discussion”