Would you live with wolves if you had a chance to?

Discuss wolves. (News, sightings, conservation, status, etc.)

Moderators: Isela, Koa

xc92u3

Re: Would you live with wolves if you had a chance to?

Post by xc92u3 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:15 pm

Black Burn wrote:I would love to live with wolves! I would live in the cold and eat raw elk meet for it!
NOOOOOOOOOOOO even if it was rotting?
I would just wait until one day, when I'm 100 years old, I'll see a glimpse of a wolf's paw prints in my back yard.

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:28 pm

I would definitely love a chance to study and observe them, as biologists do. Have one as a pet? No, wolves are wild animals and belong in the wild. But I would be alright with helping care for wolves in sanctuaries (animals that have been confiscated from people due to abuse or neglect, and cannot be released into the wild), or helping rehabilitate wolves that can be released.
TimberRaven wrote:I've also heard the population of wolves in Washington state is increasing, so maybe I'll just stay put! :D
I would love to have some wolves wandering around my back yard! :mrgreen:

Unless you live in eastern Washington, you won't see wolves in your immediate vicinity. A Washington state pack of 11 individuals (6 adults and 5 puppies, if I remember correctly) was hunted down for killing livestock, which eliminates 12% of the state's wolf population.
ŊØͻϯϋɇ

hoopyscoop
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by hoopyscoop » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:55 pm

Personally, I’d love to observe from a distance rather than live among them. Wolves are wild animals and correct me if I’m wrong but I’m not sure they’d act like a domesticated dog.
But, to live in a state or country that has wolves and sneak a little glance at one every one and a while would be awesome! We don’t have wolves in my state, so I’ve never seen a wolf in person.
Working with wolves would be neat, too, and by that I mean like being a zookeeper or even just a biologist observing from afar.
Also, I wouldn’t want to go live among wolves in the wild for the simple reason that I would miss my family and friends.
======
i only want what's real
i set aside the highlight reel
and leave my greatest failures on display
with an asterisk
worthy of love anyway
======
"atlas: three" by sleeping at last
avvie = photo taken by me

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Tue May 01, 2018 4:23 am

If I could be a wolf, then I probably would like to live in a pack. If not, then I'd probably like to live near wolves, and watch them. If they were kinda tame wolves, then I'd probably like to interact with them occasionally, but I don't think I'd want to stay outside all day and night, eating, sleeping and all that stuff with them.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu May 03, 2018 12:48 pm

hoopyscoop wrote:Wolves are wild animals and correct me if I’m wrong but I’m not sure they’d act like a domesticated dog.
Nope, you're not wrong at all. You could be greeted with teeth, rather than a tail wag or a kiss.