Discuss wolves (news, sightings, etc.).

Moderators: Isela, Koa

renny uwu
Pup
Pup
Name: Renn, Renee, Copper

Possible sightings

Post by renny uwu » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:31 pm

Okay, so I live in Washington, I believe next to Montana or North Dakota forgot. But lately, last summer up in the mountains close by us we've had a lot of wild fires. The fires killed most of the deer or chased the deer off and prey of wolves I believe, but there has been loss in prey up there.

On facebook, my mom [I don't have a facebook because I'm not interested x) ] showed me that there has been sightings of wolves near our highschool. [Either fur, tracks, etc.] Which worries me because people could shoot them or they could kill the livestock the school raises near it. And today I just found out there is two wolf packs up by my town and I just wanted to tell you guys to see what you think ^^
Last edited by valkea on Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing town name

N̷o̷ ̷o̷n̷e̷ is going to be with you
s̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̿̿̿̿̿̿ʏ̲̲̿ you will have to be a̧̪͍̫̼͇̕͡l̻̮̠͕̦̙o̸̴͉̼̗͞n̵̴̡̫̯̥͕̟̻̟e̯̰̘̝̟̜

avatar/sig © renny uwu/twinlinskis

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Re: Possible sightings

Post by valkea » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:42 pm

Please do not reveal information such as your town name. Posting personal information such as that is quite dangerous because it can make it easier for people to track you, and this is a public forum that anyone can view.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Possible sightings

Post by Koa » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:41 am

There are definitely wolf packs in Washington, so it is likely you saw a wolf.
Currently, wolves are protected in two-thirds of the state of Washington:
The gray wolf is federally listed as endangered under the Endangered Species Act (ESA) in the western two-thirds of Washington. Within this area, it is fully protected by the ESA, which is administered and enforced by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS). On May 5, 2011, wolves were federally delisted in the eastern one-third of Washington (east of State Route 97 from the Canadian border to Highway 17, east of Highway 17 to State Route 395, and east of State Route 395 to the Oregon border). This means that the USFWS has the lead responsibility for wolf management in the western two-thirds of Washington.
http://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/gray_wo ... tatus.html

Depending on where you live, the wolves in your area may (a be protected under the ESA and therefore cannot be killed or (b are not protected under the ESA and therefore can be killed.

Conservation Status of the Gray Wolf in the United States
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

Return to “General Wolf Discussion”