Web Browser Type Matters If You Want To Spell Check Posts!

This section is for User Guides relating to the WQ Forum. Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
Forum rules
Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
Nordue

Web Browser Type Matters If You Want To Spell Check Posts!

Post by Nordue » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:17 am

• Correct spelling is something that every user of any forum should strive to have. It shows you are a literate person that is capable of communicating with typed words. And it shows a level of care about how you present yourself to others online. You wouldn't want a spelling mistake in a job application, so why would you want one in your posts?

The WolfQuest forum itself does not have a spell checking system or application to do so. Fortunately, some Web Browsers do allow you to spell check your forum posts right in the typing box we all know and love! How convenient!

As a longtime user of Internet Explorer, I was often having to paste my posts into Microsoft Word before posting them in order to find my spelling mistakes. It was a step that could have been be avoided with a different internet browser, such as:

● Google Chrome
    ● Safari
    ● Firefox
    ● ...and others! (If you, dear reader, know of any more browsers that let you spell check your posts right on WQ, please PM a moderator with the browser name and the link to this topic so they can add it for you. Mods, please add them as needed!)

Changing your default browser isn't as hard as it sounds. Most of the providers take you through it quite nicely with little effort from you. I am now a happy user of Google Chrome. Aside from letting me spell check my posts right away, I can also browse the internet faster, I have noticed. It also imported all my bookmarked sites and custom settings when I allowed it to do so. What's not to like :wink: ? Although some browsers change the look of the text font of WQ, I have noticed. Just a minor detail :wink: .

Best of luck,
    • Nordue