Slough Creek Guide - How to keep all four pups alive!

This section is for User Guides relating to the WQ Game. Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.

Moderator: Neamara

Forum rules
Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
Mistystar96
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Slough Creek Guide - How to keep all four pups alive!

Post by Mistystar96 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:30 am

1.Once you chase him off once, get all of your pups out of the area AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! I was playing the final misson, and once I Chased off the eagle, he came back three mintues later. And he won;t leave you alone untill you get out of there!
2. Never,never, EVER let your gaurd down. When I was fighting a bear to get away with my pup, an eagle carrried him off while i was distracted! No warning, no predator cam, no nothing! Thankfully, I just re-loaded the game and my pup was alive again. This almost happened again, but I was ready that time. Always look around for predators, because sometimes the predator cam won't pop up to warn you. You an use scent view, look over the horizon, and for the eagle, the sound of kaw-kawing if the predator cam doesn;t show up.
3. If you are carrying a pup, don't stray to far from the others! Then the eagle, (or another predator, but it mostly happened with an eagle) will take the chance and will prey on the pups you left alone. It's always better to have the journey more slow going then to expose your pups at a greater risk.
4. A high speed helps. if you are far from your pup when the eagle or another predator strikes, a higher speed will help you get there in time.
5. Stay close! If the eagle flys overhead of your pups. and you are close, stand still! This will make it easier to spot the eagle and chase him off.
6. If you are nearby a elk carcass while the predator cam warns you, step back from it immeitatley! The eagle striked while I was eating and when I tried to chase it off, the elk carcass wouldn;t let me pass. The eagle was one second away from carrying away a pup before I finnaly chased it away.
7.Look for a good hiding spots (Like under a tree or in tall grasses) to put your pups down while you go back for the others. This decreases your chance of having the eagle strike while you are away.

Tips on coyotes:
1. If one tries to eat your pups, don't just chase it away, kill it! the coyotes will keep coming back untill you kill it.

I

Mistystar96
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Mistystar96 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:43 am

Sorry for double post, there was a glitch when i typed so I had to wait so it would go away.

Wow! these tips are really helpful, thanks! So far I am almost at the sandbar crossing, and all four of my pups are alive. I had to re-load it a few times so they would be alive, but meh, it beats having them dead.
Acctulay, about the stranger wolves, i find it much easier to act agressive toward them and chase them off. Only one I've encountered tried to put up a fight, but as soon as I attacked, it gave in. It may not be after your pups, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Iv'e heard that if you give in to a stranger wolf, it will kill one of your pups.
Also to add on to the bear tip, you should always attack it from behind. Whenever I bite it two times, it won;t let me bite the bear agin, and I can't get around to bite it's rear.
Thanks for the tips!

lullu13
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by lullu13 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:19 am

now i now how i should finsih slough creek with my poppies i alveyse have 3 back :wink:

Aurora121
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Aurora121 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:53 am

I find this very helpful, however, there are some inaccuracies because of the new minor release:
For "predator zoom ins": They're annoying, disorienting, and glitch often, but try to keep your bearings. You can still move while the predator zoom in is going on. If you can see your wolf during the zoom in, try to make your way towards the predator. If you can't see your wolf, stop moving, or you might end up running in the wrong direction or overshooting your target. If the zoom in glitches, try to fix it by entering and exiting scent view, or just save and reload your game.
You can press the spacebar to end it.
Don't bother going to the cattle ranch. It's a fun and neat mission, but it won't help you or your pups. The food you get on the ranch usually doesn't carry over when you return to Slough Creek, and it often glitches, causing you to have a different number of pups or some other strangeness when you get back. It's safer and easier to just eat carcasses.
The cattle ranch problem has been solved by the minor release:
We have released a minor update to the game, version 2.0.3, with two improvements:

1) Better chat safeguards. We have made our chat filters smarter and stronger, for safer multiplayer chat sessions. These improvements are effective even if you're playing people with earlier versions of Episode 2 (versions 2.0.1 and 2.0.2)--the chat filters text on both the sender's and recipient's sides.

2) Extra food gained in Cattle Ranch mission is retained when returning to Slough Creek.

This does not have any fixes to the reported problems joining multiplayer games, but we hope to tackle that in the near future.
Read my story: ~*A Magical Land Called Yellowstone*~
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=33831

- Sora -

Post by - Sora - » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:42 am

Aurora121, I think that ___ hasn't had the time to update the first post for these issues yet, though I'm sure that this person is aware about the issues. Anyways lovely guide you have created here ___, its nicely detailed and organized, Thank you for sharing this with all of us, very helpful!

SilentWolf122
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SilentWolf122 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:26 pm

Woah! i got through the game without a problem! thanks a bunch for the info buddy :D

timbre1011
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by timbre1011 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:02 pm

thank you this has been very helpful i already did the save every second and reload the save before your pup died.

Star[Moonclaw Pack]
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Star[Moonclaw Pack] » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:57 pm

Here's a tip i find usefull: when you're on final mission, GO TO WOLF TERRITORY this will teleport you to sandbar crossing WITH YOUR PUPS. this not only saves time but gets your pups out of dangerous situations.

Lunawolfa
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Lunawolfa » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:02 pm

Awoooo! Thanks a lot for this cool informations!!!! Now I know that it's not really necessary to mark your teritory.... :? Because I was marking it almost every time! :oops: How did you discovered all these great tricks?! :?
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Ṗяøųηɖ Дℓρભα Ƒε๓αℓε øƒ ♫ ₮ભε Ʀø¢қεŧεεяʂ ♫
Ćøρყгïɠભŧ ŧø Łųηαωøℓƒα 2010

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

SilverB
Pup
Pup

Post by SilverB » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:20 pm

It's great!!! but abou the mate being dum, i don't agree, once i had this mate, we had two pups left i had no choice but to leave "Aniken" my youngest and dummest, "Laddy" was in my jaw to keep her from harm, so i made it to the rendevous site but for some weird reason we did not howl, why? my mate and pup was not with us yet, i looked at the map, she ran back near my pup my first thought was " she's going to get food, don't worry Laddy!" butt first i think she did get food, then she was running back i looked at the map again she was RIGHT next to my pup: Aniken, she picked him up ran back towards, i didn't know at the time because a hawk was REALLY chasing me, so i ran aways from him and put Laddy down and ran towards that STINKEY, STINKEY did i mention STINKEY bird!!!! and of course flew away. then we were all together again, as a family would be, then i left Laddy there to sob for Aniken, my son, then i saw him in front of me! he ran towards his mom of course for food, i was out of food at that moment, then after feeding we howled together as a family. The End,

Watcha think guys?
"My heart's a stereo
It beats for you, so listen close
Hear my thoughts in every note o-oh
Make me your radio
Turn me up when you feel low
This melody was meant for you
So sing along to my stereo.."

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:18 pm

You won't be able to howl unless you, your mate and all your surviving pups make it to the rendezvous site. Also,sometimes preesing 'H' helps as well. :wink:

My mates are very good! They take 'shifts' with me and will go get food while I stay with the pups, then we switch roles.
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

- Sora -

Post by - Sora - » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:22 pm

Alpha Female wrote:You won't be able to howl unless you, your mate and all your surviving pups make it to the rendezvous site. Also,sometimes preesing 'H' helps as well. :wink:

My mates are very good! They take 'shifts' with me and will go get food while I stay with the pups, then we switch roles.
You and your mates have shifts? Thats really interesting, my mate would just do all the hunting and I would be at the den looking after the pups. Anyways all of these tips a very helpful, especially the information about the dens, I've seen alot of people asking which den would be the best for them so this should be able to help them make their choice of what den they should have :)

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:25 pm

To take shifts with your mate all you have to do is have pups. Then, when your mate goes to grab food, stay with the pups, guard them, ect. Once your mate is running back to the pups, run away from them. Your mate will stay with them until you return. :wink:
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

- Sora -

Post by - Sora - » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:29 pm

Alpha Female wrote:To take shifts with your mate all you have to do is have pups. Then, when your mate goes to grab food, stay with the pups, guard them, ect. Once your mate is running back to the pups, run away from them. Your mate will stay with them until you return. :wink:
Thank you for sharing that Alpha Female. I'll try that out sometime with my main wolf, it will be interesting to see how these "Shifts" work :D .

Alexandrea Glazemaw
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Alexandrea Glazemaw » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:26 pm

I noticed in my game that when the eagle attacks, the eagle's victim will never follow the other puppies. It walks in a tiny circle until the eagle lands. So you can carry your other puppies away from the eagle to clear a path for your wolf to charge.

Or you can pick up the victim and put it some distance away. The eagle won't land until you put the victim down.
The girl in my avatar is NOT Alexandrea.

Return to “User Guides- The Game”