Slough Creek Guide - How to keep all four pups alive!

This section is for User Guides relating to the WQ Game. Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.

Moderator: Neamara

Forum rules
Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
EmberMoon
Pup
Pup

Re: Slough Creek Guide - How to keep all four pups alive!

Post by EmberMoon » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:03 am

Thanks a lot, Alpha Female! :D I'll try this the next time.

When I tried it before, I had a pup with me, but clicked on "start journey", when I was near the stranger territory. I wanted to keep the eagle away. Well, I think I have to live with this annoying death from above then.
Howl!!!

Mosquito
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Mosquito » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:30 am

How to complete the "Defend your pups" mission quickly: Don't bother feeding your pups, or chasing off predators yet. Just mark your territory until it's at 100%, and Ta-Da! You are on the next mission.

I just discovered this while playing. It worked for me, but I chased off a coyote before that because it was near the den, so you might have to do that first.
Inactive until further notice.

EmberMoon
Pup
Pup

Post by EmberMoon » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:14 am

Alpha Female wrote: You have to click 'Start Your Journey' to start your journey towards the star on the compass. The territory is the one closest to the star. Make sure to have a pup in your mouth and run into the territory. A pop up should appear. click the button and your whole family should be warped over to the sandbar.
Meh... -.- I just started the journey, howled to keep all the others still, took one of the pups and ran towards the southern territory. But nothing happened at all! No pop ups, no stranger wolfs (except directly in front of my den), nothing. :(
Howl!!!

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:07 am

EmberMoon wrote:
Alpha Female wrote: You have to click 'Start Your Journey' to start your journey towards the star on the compass. The territory is the one closest to the star. Make sure to have a pup in your mouth and run into the territory. A pop up should appear. click the button and your whole family should be warped over to the sandbar.
Meh... -.- I just started the journey, howled to keep all the others still, took one of the pups and ran towards the southern territory. But nothing happened at all! No pop ups, no stranger wolfs (except directly in front of my den), nothing. :(
Hmm, I suggest trying again a couple times. If it still doesn't work, try a different territory. If it continues to not work, try exiting fully then going back in, and maybe reinstalling the game.
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:31 pm

or you can simply avoid that territory altogether.

FangZona Claw
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by FangZona Claw » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:04 pm

This was REALLY helpful! :D But i think my mate has a very bad case of the stupids (more stupid than you described) because when i started moving all my pups i stayed together with all the pups.I was half way to the place where i needed to go and all of the suddent my mate picks up one of my pups an nearly drowns it and takes it back to the old den. He then sets it down at the old den and runs back to me wagging his tail. After that he takes another one of my pups and takes it and sets it down in the MIDDLE of a deep part of the stream. After that he takes anouther one of my pups and takes it strait to the rondevou (sorry for my spelling) point :evil: :o . I turned off my game and came back on (luckly i saved before this happened) and he didn't do it again. I wonder if this will happen again.... :?: :|
Leader of the Unknown Bloods: FangZona Claw
the Unknown Bloods are not from the famous Black Bloods or the Black Blood Haters

Mosquito
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Mosquito » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:17 pm

FangZona Claw wrote:This was REALLY helpful! :D But i think my mate has a very bad case of the stupids (more stupid than you described) because when i started moving all my pups i stayed together with all the pups.I was half way to the place where i needed to go and all of the suddent my mate picks up one of my pups an nearly drowns it and takes it back to the old den. He then sets it down at the old den and runs back to me wagging his tail. After that he takes another one of my pups and takes it and sets it down in the MIDDLE of a deep part of the stream. After that he takes anouther one of my pups and takes it strait to the rondevou (sorry for my spelling) point :evil: :o . I turned off my game and came back on (luckly i saved before this happened) and he didn't do it again. I wonder if this will happen again.... :?: :|
It probably is a glitch, if it happens again, you should report it at bugs@wolfquest.org. This might also help you in putting what you need to in the report:

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29539

On a more conversational note, it seems your mate wanted your pups to disperse early. XD
Inactive until further notice.

WhiteWolfEclipse
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by WhiteWolfEclipse » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:06 pm

THANKS A BUNCH!!!!!! I LUV YOU!(hope i didn't violate the rules) but after A ZILLION tries i finally got a batch of good pups AND a helpful mate :) sooooooooooo the ignore-the-mate and kill-stupid-pups parts didn't really matter :)

anyways, thanks a lot!

~Eclipse
My DeviantART: www.kylennelupo.deviantart.com

also, if you are EVER putting my name on a comment/post, i go by Eclipse, not WHITEWOLFE.............Blah, too long, you know

StarBlossom
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by StarBlossom » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:33 pm

well on mine i was going looking for food and i found this stranger wolf standing by the carcuss so i had to fight it i won and i got toe eat but my sister after she has claimed the slough creek den she had marked her territory a little and poof a stranger wolf appeared she had chased it off i dont think this might help thought so bye :oops:
In our hearts,
In our souls,
Forever yours,
Just remember,
I Love You.

Avatar found at: http://media.photobucket.com/image/black%20wolf%20howling%20at%20moon/Marcos98/Howling-Wolf-wolves-1451023-100-100.gif

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:16 pm

StarBlossom wrote:well on mine i was going looking for food and i found this stranger wolf standing by the carcuss so i had to fight it i won and i got toe eat but my sister after she has claimed the slough creek den she had marked her territory a little and poof a stranger wolf appeared she had chased it off i dont think this might help thought so bye :oops:
The more you mark the territory, the less stranger wolves appear. ^ ^
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:39 am

I have a small point to bring up:
NOT all coyotes are headed towards your den. Some are headng for a carcass. So if you see one, watch where it's heading. If it's walking to your den, kill it, if it's heading to a carcass ignore the little bugger. Ditto for bears.
-Frodo
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

Tsud
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Tsud » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:30 pm

Thanks

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Tsud wrote:Thanks
Tsud, posts less than three words are considered SPAM (Stupid, pointless, annoying messages).
-Frodo
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:54 pm

Frodo1 wrote:
Tsud wrote:Thanks
Tsud, posts less than three words are considered SPAM (Stupid, pointless, annoying messages).
-Frodo
Please do not back-seat moderate; thanks.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

Jayness
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Jayness » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:32 pm

Awesome guide, although I don't have problems with coyotes or bears at all. =)
..................αsριηε
......ωσℓfqυεsт cσммυηιтy мεмвεя

..Why run if you're already skinny?

Previously Aspine
──────────────────────────────

Return to “User Guides- The Game”