Off-White

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Off-White

Post by pawnee » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:14 pm

I wish they would post the next pages already....I want too see the black wolf spirit already!
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

Fawn1997
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Fawn1997 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:13 pm

This is............. amazing! I LOVE nose mythology, and I must say, lugging an encyclopedia of mythology into school in 5Th class is considered.............. strange.
I ONLY DID IT FOR THE NORSE MYTHOLOGY!

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:10 pm

I'm not sure how entirely accurate their mythology is. Norse mythology is my favorite branch, and I'm glad to see some one using it. It's obvious they've read up on their mythology, but it's been distilled a bit.

For example, Skoll and Hati, sons of Fenris, were not 'shepherds' of sun and moon. Akreon made it sound like they were benevolent deities with a sacred duty, when in truth they chased the sun and moon because they were trying to eat the sun and moon. At Ragnorak, they don't stop chasing sun and moon, they finally catch them and eat them, thus ensuring the three year winter.

One thing that always bugged me is that they made up a rune. Their characters are based off of the Elder Futhark runes, yet 'Iki' is not a rune. On their website, under cast, they make up a runic letter. I understand that they're taking creative liberty and that this isn't the retelling of Ragnorak, maybe it's just because I'm very into Runes and get annoyed when people mess them up.

Don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy Off White. I like that they use realistic wolf colors and all. But my biggest problem is the whole Good/Evil thing. I suppose this could just be a basic tribute to Mythology, but in Norse Mythology, they didn't really have "good" and "evil". That was one thing that was different about Norse mythology in that there wasn't good and bad

Fawn1997
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Fawn1997 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:31 pm

It's accruate enough, I looked in my encyopledia.
and My Faves are: Jera, Isa and Iki

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:08 am

Fawn1997 wrote:It's accruate enough, I looked in my encyopledia.
and My Faves are: Jera, Isa and Iki
It's on opinion basis. I don't consider it all too terribly accurate, but they're not just making stuff up. It's definitely not to the roots though.

I'm read on my Norse mythology as well; they use reference names but then distort their original purpose of the mythological figures.
Songdog wrote: It's obvious they've read up on their mythology, but it's been distilled a bit.

For example, Skoll and Hati, sons of Fenris, were not 'shepherds' of sun and moon. Akreon made it sound like they were benevolent deities with a sacred duty, when in truth they chased the sun and moon because they were trying to eat the sun and moon. At Ragnorak, they don't stop chasing sun and moon, they finally catch them and eat them, thus ensuring the three year winter.

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Off-White is a really good comic, realistic graphics, good plot, though really too slow and sometimes a waste of time for the artist (in my opinion). Though I don't care about this because I enjoy looking at the awesome backgrounds more than the wolves.

I'm tired of the idea of having the white wolf and black wolf who represent all the chaos and the other all the good and light in someone.

Sillicon

Post by Sillicon » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:47 am

I've already read of-white, but the wait for new pages is killing me :|

she wolf
Yearling
Yearling
Location: • In Halo 3 help'n Master Chief and Arbiter save the world •

Post by she wolf » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:09 pm

i too have read this its a awsome comic cant wait for new pages to come up its geting good
................................. She wolf

..............................."Normal" is just a
............................setting on your dryer."
...............................• Patsy Clairmont

..................................... Thank You
.........................Millitary,Air force,and Navy.

..................... ◘ - my art at user art forums - ◘

-Elyjah-
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by -Elyjah- » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:12 pm

i absolutly LOVE Off-white. my favorite character is Ike
Wild Flame
Childish game
All for fame

.•○Elyjah○•.

"Fall infront of me and i guarantee you i'll let you fall."

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:14 am

I'm really starting to get annoyed by this "All humans are evil hunters who kill animals for fun" sort of tone. I dislike animal comics that try to gain points by making humans look stupid and evil. Especially in the recent pages, the humans are portrayed as having no respect for nature and take whatever they want, regardless of the consequences. Bleh.

Griffinsong
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Griffinsong » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:56 pm

I love this graphic novel; it's very original and the artwork is simply fantastic.

she wolf
Yearling
Yearling
Location: • In Halo 3 help'n Master Chief and Arbiter save the world •

Post by she wolf » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:12 pm

Griffinsong wrote:I love this graphic novel; it's very original and the artwork is simply fantastic.
i agree and new pages were put up
................................. She wolf

..............................."Normal" is just a
............................setting on your dryer."
...............................• Patsy Clairmont

..................................... Thank You
.........................Millitary,Air force,and Navy.

..................... ◘ - my art at user art forums - ◘

AnXin
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by AnXin » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:46 pm

Awesome. Thanks for mentioning this. I'm off to read it, and so far it's pretty good. :"D Thing is, the mild sense of humor.. so far at least, kept me entertained, and I love the way the wolves are drawn rather than the normal day cartoon stylish wolves. I'm okay with the good and evil right now, but that's only an exception for humans with their religion and all that. Not to criticize it, since that'll probably be a big part in the story, or the whole thing (._.) but if they're going to say that humans are evil and stuff and they have evil/good scales, then it wouldn't it be the same if humans and wolves were in unison? o.O But at least it's placed in a realistic setting. Well, the world might as well accept fantasy wolf stories since I don't think anyone could bear writing something without a little twist. :/ And you'd have to be extremely imaginative if you can create something catchy with no twist at all.
Well once I read it all then I can criticize it, but right now I have no right to. -w- *readreadread*
ganrui.deviantart.com

o_O

Jetness
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Jetness » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:28 am

I enjoy reading the Off - White comic, I love the style of it.
silver<3bro
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌

WildFire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by WildFire » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:12 pm

Hm. They are re-doing all pages, so we won't have any real new pages for a while. Which means it shall take longer. But then again, they are revising the storyline, hopefully it will be even better.

Return to “Wolf Multimedia”