The Sight, by David Clement-Davies

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.

Have you read it?

Yeah, and I love it!
69%
Yeah, and I hate it.
3%
It was okay.
4%
I haven't read it.
24%

Total votes: 313

April

Re: The Sight, by David Clement-Davies

Post by April » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:55 pm

I personally like stories that have "happy endings" and are yet..sad at the same time. That's exactly what The Sight is. Some characters die, but the overal ending is a happy one and is resolved.

In stories I write I kill off a lot of characters. Mainly because one death of a character creates a consequence and the whole story takes a twist. Not only that but sometimes I kill off characters because I don't need them anymore-or for other reasons. Either way, I don't know what's going through the Author's head but I love the way his story The Sight turned out, I would have it no other way.
Avatar by me. Read my book Lessons Learned (A fiction book about African Wild Dogs) at:

http://aprilsilverwolf.wix.com/lessonslearnednovel

~April~
~Member Of The Month for October of 2009~
Yellowstone wolf international/Skilled Hunter

Snow Powder Runs Pack

Larka the white wolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Larka the white wolf » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:35 am

OH NO! Thats why I couldn't order it! And I was looking forward to it and so excited! I feel so bad for him...
Avatar by Tribefeather of the Official Warrior Cats Forums! (thanks!)
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

larkaputnar
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Location: On Hold, busy with school but i will visit now and then and wait until things calm down.

Post by larkaputnar » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:15 pm

I know! I am going to dig for more info. I dont quite understand what has happened, has someone betrayed him and...im going to have a look. I cant beleive this has happened, i feelvery very sad and sorry for him. He is such a good writer and deserves more than this.
.::Larka's.::.Hope::.

.::Proud Journey of Truth and New Dawn writer ::.

.:: Fantastic Avvie by LupinzPack!::.

Check out Palla's writers website. PM me for more info

Larka the white wolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Larka the white wolf » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:24 am

Yes, there must be a clear reason for this! I can't believe something like this would happen to him! He's so amazing!
And also, if this book never comes out, Fell is sorta left unfinished! AHHH!
Avatar by Tribefeather of the Official Warrior Cats Forums! (thanks!)
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

larkaputnar
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Location: On Hold, busy with school but i will visit now and then and wait until things calm down.

Post by larkaputnar » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:59 am

Ahh yes unfinished Fell. What happens? Does Fell and Tarlar find Kar and the others? Do they form a pack? Do they have pups? What happens to them? What happens to Kar? And more...i want to know what happens.

Maia Huntress
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Maia Huntress » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:27 am

larkaputnar wrote:Ahh yes unfinished Fell. What happens? Does Fell and Tarlar find Kar and the others? Do they form a pack? Do they have pups? What happens to them? What happens to Kar? And more...i want to know what happens.
I know! They leave us at almost a cliff-hanger!

wolf fan
Pup
Pup

Post by wolf fan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:07 pm

larkaputnar wrote:Ahh yes unfinished Fell. What happens? Does Fell and Tarlar find Kar and the others? Do they form a pack? Do they have pups? What happens to them? What happens to Kar? And more...i want to know what happens.
Maybe he left it like that so people could come up with their own ending as to to what happened. :?
See my avatar, that's the internet in a nutshell.

larkaputnar
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by larkaputnar » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:42 am

Most likley but the thing is, there are so many possibilities. I understand that he probably left it like that because he felt like it was a final ending, and i know some authors just dont want to go on. Sometimes a story, to them, has reached its climax. BUt still i wished those questions were able to be answered. Maybe he did write it but maybe it was suggested that he got rid of it.

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:38 am

The last part is a bit of a cliffhanger. So many questions I have, oh well, it just shows how great this author is. ^ ^
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

Maia Huntress
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Maia Huntress » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:37 am

Alpha Female wrote:The last part is a bit of a cliffhanger. So many questions I have, oh well, it just shows how great this author is. ^ ^
I know; I agree Alpha Female! :D

+Fell+
Pup
Pup

Post by +Fell+ » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:19 pm

I am reading the second book now! Its soooo cool! O.o
___________Proud Warrior Of The ARC!____________

F aithful
E nergetic
L oving
L oyal

Maia Huntress
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Maia Huntress » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:28 pm

+Fell+ wrote:I am reading the second book now! Its soooo cool! O.o
Fell is pretty good, but I still like The Sight the best...

+Fell+
Pup
Pup

Post by +Fell+ » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Yeah I think I would of reccomoended the sight more!
___________Proud Warrior Of The ARC!____________

F aithful
E nergetic
L oving
L oyal

lupin_blackwolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by lupin_blackwolf » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:40 pm

I love the sight. I love animals books and david Clement davies books fire bringer and the sight are my favourite books along with a few others but I love them. I just finished the sight today and I have fell too but I have not started to read it. I don't know if I want to right away because I have heard people say that it makes the last part of the first book into a worse thing than you first think. Do you guys like it as much as the first? I love the first one but I don't realy want to be dissapointed by the second. I really like the book and I recomend it to any wolf lover.
-----------------..----------------..-----------------
I am Lυριη.
I roam the open land freely.
Nothing holds me back.
I am wild.
I am free.
I am a wolf.
-----------''-----------------''-----------
Avvie by April
Sig by Myself

sgorr
Pup
Pup
Location: Poking dead things- usually on the side of the road.

Post by sgorr » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:23 pm

lupin_blackwolf wrote:I love the sight. I love animals books and david Clement davies books fire bringer and the sight are my favourite books along with a few others but I love them. I just finished the sight today and I have fell too but I have not started to read it. I don't know if I want to right away because I have heard people say that it makes the last part of the first book into a worse thing than you first think. Do you guys like it as much as the first? I love the first one but I don't realy want to be dissapointed by the second. I really like the book and I recomend it to any wolf lover.
I found Fell a little dissapointing. The actual writing had declined and made it seem as if the author didn't care about the characters any longer, also Fell as an individual wasn't nearly as complex and flawed as he was in The Sight. The author didn't go into why he did what he did and what were his motives behind everything.
Everything in Fell is a bit rushed in my opinion, halfway through the book a new prophecy is revealed but it lacks the mystery and wonder of the original and instead comes off as ridiculous and cheap. The overall plot is very vague and doesn't really tell why everything was happening, it became very random and chaotic at the end as the author smashed in the prophecy along with the many new characters that had been introduced.

Kind of a small point, but it really bothered me. Everyone starts calling Fell a bunch of nicknames like Lonetail and Darkpaw. It was really strange and I still don't know what the author was trying to acomplish with this.

I do have to give Fell credit for its opening scene. The writing was very fluid and it pulled you right into the story, but after that every thing slowly declined and became steadily more outrageous. But despite what I have said, I do reccomend you to read it as every once and a while, as with the opening scene, there are chapters that remind me of the original.
trolololololol