"The Freedom Wolves" Comic (Need Cast)

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Cerbolt

Re: "The Freedom Wolf" Comic (Need Cast)

Post by Cerbolt » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:06 pm

Now would be fine, so I can start the comic.
Take your time.

Ayame_
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Ayame_ » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:14 pm

I sent you an example, Cerbolt.

Cerbolt

Post by Cerbolt » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:16 pm

Yes I have received it. Once I show it to the other Cast members, ill post the results on the first Post.

wolfis

Post by wolfis » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:49 pm

Okay, Cerbolt.

Hiedidog

Post by Hiedidog » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:40 pm

Okay! And about how many characters did you need?
♥Kamisha♥

October 2009 Undine Falls Pack Member of the Month

Cerbolt

Post by Cerbolt » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:01 pm

Just throw as much as designs at me as you can. I don't mind you using free line art to design them.

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:32 pm

While I can't exactly help in depth right now....maybe later I`m not sure....I can make a suggestion.

I reccemend planing everything out first as opposed to starting with the art.The art should come last.

Some programs fro animation I use/used were Flash, Java, and ToonBoom.

Flash is a good program but it can be a pain if you've never used it before. It allows you to make graphics, buttons and movies.

Java is simple, I`ve only used it once though. basically a watered down version of flash for animation only.

Toonboom is the programI used in a computer course(a lot good that did! XD ) and was fairly simple to use so longas you had an agreeable tablet and fast computer. except it was expensive....I don't reccemend it for everyday use...

Gimp and Adobe are pretty good, I use them all the time to colour although I haven't animated with gimp.

My best suggestion is to do a storyline first, than script, storyboard and then edit. nce you adit you can know what works and what doesn't. The art should come last because it will be the most difficult to fix should you have to. :mrgreen:
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

wolfis

Post by wolfis » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:39 pm

pawnee wrote:While I can't exactly help in depth right now....maybe later I`m not sure....I can make a suggestion.

I reccemend planing everything out first as opposed to starting with the art.The art should come last.

Some programs fro animation I use/used were Flash, Java, and ToonBoom.

Flash is a good program but it can be a pain if you've never used it before. It allows you to make graphics, buttons and movies.

Java is simple, I`ve only used it once though. basically a watered down version of flash for animation only.

Toonboom is the programI used in a computer course(a lot good that did! XD ) and was fairly simple to use so longas you had an agreeable tablet and fast computer. except it was expensive....I don't reccemend it for everyday use...

Gimp and Adobe are pretty good, I use them all the time to colour although I haven't animated with gimp.

My best suggestion is to do a storyline first, than script, storyboard and then edit. nce you adit you can know what works and what doesn't. The art should come last because it will be the most difficult to fix should you have to. :mrgreen:
Thanks for the information, pawnee! ^^ And Cerbolt. do we have to use Deviant Art? (My parents got me off DA). Can we use other websites that let you post art? (Like TinyPic or PhotoBucket.)

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:06 pm

And practice. Animating isn't something you just pick up over night; each segment of animation takes many hours, even to produce something simple.

For example: http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs37/f/2008/ ... ayFang.gif
That took about 5-6 hours to complete, and it's only a simple loop cycle.

In real animations, you don't loop things. And just because you're good at art, doesn't mean you'll be good at animating. Producing a nice single picture is not the same as producing 20 clean slides for 4 seconds of animation.

Storyboards are very helpful as well. Don't get too far ahead of yourself without having a plan.

Cerbolt

Post by Cerbolt » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:15 pm

Thanks Songdog and Pawnee for the advice Ill keep that in mid. :D
and also, its just for fun, its going to be part by part.

Yes just getting the cast together, then we begin planing out.

wolfis

Post by wolfis » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:20 pm

SongDog and Pawnee are right, Animations take time, I can't do them well still because I just started on them. I'll brb...

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:29 pm

Good luck with your movie, Cerbolt. I can't wait to see it. If you need any help. just PM me...

Cerbolt

Post by Cerbolt » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:51 pm

Okay, no problem, I am working on the comic first BTW.

wolfis

Post by wolfis » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:32 pm

Hey Cerbolt, do we have to use DA only? DA wont let me on at all... can we use other art-posting websites?

Cerbolt

Post by Cerbolt » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:10 pm

Sorry, but yes, you have to have to have DA.
I would prefer that.