Any other Dakota's Ridge fans?

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.

Have you read Dakota's Ridge?

What?
40%
I might have heard of it.
20%
I glanced at it.
No votes
Some of it.
20%
Most of it.
No votes
All of it.
20%
Several times!!!
No votes

Total votes: 5

crow_noir
Pup
Pup

Any other Dakota's Ridge fans?

Post by crow_noir » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:25 am

Any other Dakota's Ridge fans? (Speaking of the web comic)

Just like all other webcomics... I never got around to finishing it. I liked what i read though.

The art alone is neat to look at. Wolves done in Lion King style drawings.

(The setting is at a rehabilitation/conservation center.) (Sorry I can't give a summery, it's been years since i've read it. One of the other threads jogged my memory though and i thought of this little known jewel.)

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Any other Dakota's Ridge fans?

Post by pawnee » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:46 pm

is this a comic about wolves? can you provide a link so long as the comic is a PG-ish rating?
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

crow_noir
Pup
Pup

Post by crow_noir » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:52 pm

Most of the time sort of realistic type behavior; at least realistic type situations. As far as I can remember it is PG. I tried skimming really quickly (S.O. wants to leave SOON, and I don't have a high speed connection at home...) and the "worst" thing I could find is wolfies giving other wolfies wolfie kisses and territory fights.

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk29/Dakotas_Ridge/

[jeeze this Comic has seen a LOT of websites. I had trouble finding the new link.]
pawnee wrote:is this a comic about wolves? can you provide a link so long as the comic is a PG-ish rating?

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:25 pm

okey :mrgreen: just checking to make sure. I`ve never seen this artwork before...
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

Wolfwind

Post by Wolfwind » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:02 am

Ooh, I like Dakota's Ridge! ^^ I wish there was more of it. The drawings are interesting, although in it seems like some features (like the chin fur, seen prominently even on females) that belong to panthera cats end up on the wolves. But it is something different. It's been awhile since I've read it, but the squirrel was awesome. xD

My art: canis-ferox.deviantart.com

"I like being weird. Weird's all I've got. That and my sweet style."

Return to “Wolf Multimedia”