Black Blood Alliance

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Betakangaroowolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Black Blood Alliance

Post by Betakangaroowolf » Tue May 19, 2009 5:12 pm

wow besides that whole bout mates....I liked it a lot an sorry but in some ways I kinda agree with the Wolfe guy in some but sides that even tho BLades teh bad dude I kinda like the evil wolves and their coat patterns in meh opinion the wolf i like who isn't evil ummm..Bloodspill she's funny
The loyal fighting kangaroo wolf of teh outback soldier to its end

“A girl is a person who screams at the mouse and smiles at the wolf”

Cool awesome Avvie by: WolfKnight 57

Kaheaniehal
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Kaheaniehal » Tue May 19, 2009 5:32 pm

Yeeeeeeeah the Black Blood Alliance is kind of the bane of web comics.

There are PLENTY of web comics that update every week, multiple times, or even every day. You just have to find them.
Also there's the distinct difference between an amateur and professional(s) (such as the 'Looking For Group' comic series by Blind Ferret Productions <3).

She started a fad with a story that sounds like she wrote when she was 12; it's filled to the brim with cliches, poorly thought out dialog, and horrific character personalities.
Not to mention a predictable plot line. -_-;
As others have already said, she's started a weird looking style too. Personally, I LOVE cartoony styles. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! However, there's a point when enough is enough.
You don't need blue-green wolves running around with glowy eyes. Let alone characters with an oh-snap "RAGE MODE!" to have an interesting style or a good story. Normal colored characters are fine too; or even when the markings are just a little unnatural, but not super freaky.

I will say that I do give respect to ANYONE who can actually accomplish SOMETHING with a story. She's made her first issue and had it sold. She's made figurines. She has a website.

Well good for her. That's more than I have yet to achieve. Though I haven't been working on a comic for 5+ something years and only achieved what, about 40 pages?!
In that time frame most webcomics have already gotten past 3-400!!! D:
Of course these are comics that are OFF of deviantart. Ye gotta look for people who are really into the whole comic-thing to find ones that really do update.

But she really needs to learn to update her work. Seriously, professionals don't wait two months for every page; and quite a few of those comics are even better art than BBA (which the backgrounds are pretty spiffy, I do admit).

Oh I almost forgot....
aidenwolfe wrote: Well hey no offense but hello? this could be the artists creative way of making the dire wolves obviously we wouldn't read it if it was all plain and freakin grey (no offense people) and any how as much as we or some of us like it some don't truly take the time to check out the people to say hey your backgrounds and stuff where really neat and if the dire wolves were meant to be dire they would be no fun not being able to run fast?? there is no cool to the story then not many are so observant to find it cliche I'm not trying to be rude but hey this is what I always thought and always see when I look bleh
And ummm... Well Hello?!!?!?!?!

Have you ever heard of Wolf's Rain? The characters looked pretty natural to me and yet that was an extremely popular series.

And since when are characters only "fun" when they can run fast? What about the extremely slow and buff characters? What about the cripples? What about the elderly or extremely young characters?
They make interesting people/individuals but they don't have super speed.

Maybe it would make things more 'interesting' if her characters actually had a challenge living, to catch anything or eat, rather than just be able to kill whatever they wanted.

There are plenty of more realistic stories people read. People read non-fiction, they write about real life experiences, or use events that actually could happen. And they get plenty of attention. So I'm thinking your claim that people wouldn't read a story if it wasn't OVERKILL FANTASIED is not quite true.

But Hey, that's just my opinion.

And no offense but it would be really nice if you could try using more punctuation.
I support the Alliance

~ My heart is your heart ~

http://kaheaniehal.deviantart.com/

Saphia
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Saphia » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:46 pm

I like the BBA, and I think I would like the game too. But wasn't there a something like BBA that I've seen on YouTube called Weed? *Off Topic** Did you know that it is not onyl a YouTube, but also a YuorTube!!?? My friend find it when he whrited wrong when he tryed getting to YouTube.
Shiro
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin
Ginga Densetsu Weed

Watch it at YouTube!

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:04 pm

lets throw some water on the fire shall we?

Its like Keydefedwa and Esda. which is quite a shame...

I never really got if swiftkill was a dire wolf or not...but I like the freakish markings, though as Songdog said everyone is trying to be original. sometimes simple is just elegant.

I also dislike 'perfect' characters too...never destructable, or have faults or anything. Yet at the same time I dislike attention grabbers...you know...how every character has their own over played sob story that in the end you really don't care about. Maybe if Swiftkill didn't care about killing pups it would make a more intresting character?
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

Hyzenthlay
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Hyzenthlay » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:20 pm

Songdog wrote:aidenwolfe: Please don't insult my opinion, as I am entitled to state mine just as anyone else. You don't have to agree with it, you just have to be polite.

I actually dislike the style; she overuses a lot of weird angles that just make it confusing in the long run. Bunch of angles and trippy perspectives. Plus, the overall style is cartoony, which isn't as much of an issue as the weird angle thing.

I don't know. If I want to weird a story about wolves, I'll find one another wolves. Not about colorful dog-things waging war against evil-red-eyed villains and evil sabertoothed tigers. Also, they seem to have developed martial arts. Yeah. That makes just as much sense as anything else I suppose.

Also, I like characters who have weaknesses and aren't invincible. Because invincible characters are boring and express no realistic qualities. And that's what her dire wolves are, practically invincible. They are super fast and super strong. And can go crazy and kill anyone. I don't consider that a true physical "weakness"> The dire wolves being slow would have given them some realism. Or maybe they could have had a lung disease or were prone to cancer. But that's not how it is.

I agree completely, and I don't know why everyone is obsessed about it, Off White by Akreon and Tanathe I think is much better...-->www.off-white.eu :D

Hunter_Wolf123

Post by Hunter_Wolf123 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:43 pm

I like BBA, My favorite charecter is Swiftkill, also Kay put out a new page of it not long ago.

Mich3113
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Mich3113 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:46 pm

I started to read it on the website. I liked it, but I think I was finding myself drowning in characters and their stories. I don't like their names either. All this, Whitewind, and Riptide stuff. Why don't we all just mash two words together to make a name! Oh how about, Picturestalk? Or, Pantrybeens? Or, my favourite, Computerhash! Why not get names from translations or moon names, or ancient gods? Also, Bloodspill and Swiftkill? Pshh! Because a wolf can't be a wolf unless it has something involving killing in it's name eh? It's ridiculous.

The whole Council of Elders and, Elite Guards throws me off too. It makes wolves sound too formal, and almost forcing them into becoming more like ourselves and less like the wild, beautiful animals they really are.

Sorry I'm so negative about the whole thing. I read it, sort of liked it, then posted about how I liked it. Then I thought about it. Yeah, I'm realizing now how silly the whole thing is just now.
And you guys say their is a game about it too? I'm rather curious about it. If some one would give a link, that would be appreciated. I want to see if it's super good, or will it be like the series...

DA Account- http://splitatom.deviantart.com/

I LOST

If you can read this, step away from the computer screen

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:09 am

Thank you Mich for not conforming to this, nonsense.

I don't understand where the hype came from.

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:35 am

I think people just like animals fighting each other...it sounds absurd but Warriors,Silver Fang (Ginga), Wolf' Rain are kind of all the same storylines....one animal somehow fights his way to the top with usually some weird moves thrown in.
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:00 pm

Wolf's Rain didn't have kung-flower action though =D I've never read Warriors, but I know it has lots of violence. So does Ginga (which was made of so much fail in my opinion) Getting of subject a bit, but although it was violent, Wolf's Rain really wasn't centered on fighting and what not. It had plenty of other faults, but it wasn't an action-y show.

I'm still for my theory that people see brightly colored "wolf" like things and go crazy. Trow in some blood, evil characters, and a war 'plot', and there you have it: instant hit.

Mich3113
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Mich3113 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:56 pm

I know. The story doesn't even relate to wolves. You could have replaced all of the characters with lions or bears and it would seem the exact same. I think the author only uses wolves in the story because their cool, not so she can elaborate on their society. You get what I'm saying? Layman's Terms- The story has nothing to do with wolves. The only roll they play in it are the characters.

DA Account- http://splitatom.deviantart.com/

I LOST

If you can read this, step away from the computer screen

Reimei777
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Reimei777 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:43 am

I love swift kill but I wish blood spill was a boy she seems boyish to me :D
(\__/)
(='.' This is Bunneh. Copy and past Bunneh into your
c(")_(") signature to help him gain world
domination!
( \_/ )
('^ ' ) giv bunneh
(> < ) ur tattortotz

Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Blightwolf » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:04 pm

pawnee wrote:Its like Keydefedwa and Esda. which is quite a shame...

True, maybe. It's really hard to say, but yes, BBA is recognised mostly as Kay's work, not as much as E. Siegel's work, too. But like I said, it's really hard to tell. . .

I don't understand the hype about BBA, it's gained a lot of popularity. I don't think it's good and I don't think it's bad, either. Extraordinary and desperately trying to stay original. The wolf designs are pretty cool, but like Songdog mentioned, sometimes simple is pretty, too.
AUGUST 2009 USER OF THE MONTH

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:13 pm

The last word I would use for BBA is "Original". It's just war. Evil Guys vs Good Guys and then the Betrayed Guys who need to help the Good Guys this redeeming their Good Guy state.

War=Unoriginal plot

Especially when it's as simple as "Good vs Evil".
I don't know. If I want to weird a story about wolves, I'll find one about wolves. Not about colorful dog-things waging war against evil-red-eyed villains and evil sabertoothed tigers. Also, they seem to have developed martial arts. Yeah. That makes just as much sense as anything else I suppose.

Hunter_Wolf123

Post by Hunter_Wolf123 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:07 pm

I agree with you songdog! ^^ though I still love the story