Black Blood Alliance

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Re: Black Blood Alliance

Post by Blightwolf » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:40 am

Everyone has their own opinion, we are pretty much going round and round with this subject. . . some of us clearly like it, some of us clearly don't.

And I don't think a war plot equals as unoriginal. I know a Finnish wolf comic, called Theo Club (www.theoclub.net), which is exactly about Good vs Evil and yet the story is totally original.
AUGUST 2009 USER OF THE MONTH

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:38 pm

"War" itself is not really a 'plot', it is a 'plot device'. In the same way that romance is not a plot, only a plot device.

War itself isn't very original because it's been done a thousand times over, and by definition that makes it not original. It's how you tell the story that makes it a decent read or not, and in my opinion, the way that Kayfedewa is telling it is not original.

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:26 am

I would say while war is not original, the tactics and fighting can be. Their are a lot of good war films, war books that portray diffrent viewpoints and combat, style and mind sets. But as Songdog said, most are epic failures....

BBA could be really cool but...its just cliche. Why must their always be a perfect good person who has some evil dark side that we're supposed to feel sorry for? I don't like swfitkill because of that.
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

Petite-Louve
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Petite-Louve » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:52 am

I think Swiftkill is not charismatic enough to be the main character. She's weak, she's always doubting about everything... Her young sister may be stupid, aggressive and limited, but at least she is more animal, more instinctive and charismatic.

This comic is not an exceptional one, though it's not so bad: BBA is a pastime, a title one could compare with "The King Lion" by Disney. We all know there are comics and books much better than BBA. But BlackBlood Alliance is a title which has to remain unpretentious. The design is very nice, the story is for all ages, quite as "The King Lion". It is seemingly simplistic, but some characters are complex and if young people won't be interested by those characters, an older public will find an the interest in them.

As for me, I'm playing one of BBA's characters (Talon) on a French RPG-forum, and maybe BBA's concept is better in a RPG-forum rather than a comics and all the goodies around it.

(Sorry for the mistakes, I'm French é_è So I'm not good to clearly explain what I try to say).
Last edited by Petite-Louve on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

nancy d
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by nancy d » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:53 am

i love swiftkill and bloodspill and riptide

larka proud alpha female of the silvers

sister of fell, jarla, keeka, karma, kar, jacob and eclipse

eclipse proud alpha male of the twilight pack
All you want from me are three little words

cos u won't hear it now and you wont here it then
i love you.. no
lying to yourself doesent make it easier, save us both the time, lets be together we'll be fine

3 LITTLE WORDS
I Love You

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:49 pm

I thought you explained yourself pretty well Petite-Louve. As you said...you play as a RPG online and I think such roleplaying heavily influences online comics. after all what is World of Warcraft, EverQuest and such? they even have their own mangas...
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:28 pm

I have mixed feelings about Black Blood Alliance, while the graphics are unbelievable the plot is anything but original. The same old misunderstood good guy, the same evil person that wants to rule the world, the same battle of two sides. There is an element of imagination in it, as "The Furry" is a new twist and one the I like; although the dire wolves aren't realistic and they shouldn't be perfect I like the idea of prehistoric wolves.

For some of those reasons I would pick Bloodspill and Whitewind as my fav wolves. Bloodspill is generally the big mean brut or bodyguard of the good wolf but she has a depth of personality much more realistic and interesting them others and her sister (Swiftkill). Whitewind is the perfect lady, so elegant and kind but I find that amusing because she owns none of the qualities needed for an alpha and good leader get everyone follows here do to her "niceness".

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ˢ ʳ ˢ
ˢ ʳʸʰ ˢ ʰ
ˣ ˢ ʰˢ,
ʰ ʳʸʰ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

av/sig/quote © coyoteflu/LupinzPack/patty griffin

Makayla
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Makayla » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:42 pm

BBA does have an pretty unoriganal story plot, with the battle with good and bad, the traitor (Rapier), a war, etc.
The backgrounds are very well drawn at the same time, and I kind of like the style of anime/cartoonish drawings for the wolves... or whatever they are.

The one thing I hate is unoriganal main characters. You'll rarely ever find me liking a main character.
Have you noticed, the main character is always good and innocent, and kinda prissy (if female).
I may be strange, but I would like to see a story where the main character is violent/troublesome, where things don't always work out for them... Oh well. Guess thats just my opinion.
I'm getting kinda off topic.

But overall, BBA is something I like to read every now and then. They really need to update more often...
With them updating every five months, sooner or later, all their fans are gonna stop making the effort.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
(Avatar by Jaw)

Join the group for updates and info about my published book, Adopted By Wolves!
http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref= ... 3201117108

AnXin
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by AnXin » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:52 pm

The plot is pretty basic and it has all these unnaturally colored wolves, but at least their powers don't go over board. o_o I actually like the pacing of the comic. Not many artist have the skill to time and place events so that people are comfortable with it.
The thing is, no one has seen dire wolves with their own eyes, and how they act or something. But it can be just plain fallacious if you think that's the way life for them was, which of course, isn't, which can be distinguished by the colorful wolf part. But who knows why sabertooths were attacking them. The comic isn't even done yet, so it's not like you can make up what the author is planning to put.

But for now, it would be a lot better if we push supernatural creatures out of here, now. T3T
ganrui.deviantart.com

o_O

DX2Texas
Pup
Pup

Post by DX2Texas » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

what a dire wolf is that like a black blood? or some thing?
am leader
I AM AWESOME

Makayla
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Makayla » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:40 pm

DX2Texas wrote:what a dire wolf is that like a black blood? or some thing?
A dire wolf is a real creature, not just fantasy.
They went extinct, and weren't the most cordinated or creatures. Of course, they also weren't colorful like the wolves in BBA. They were normal wolf colors.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
(Avatar by Jaw)

Join the group for updates and info about my published book, Adopted By Wolves!
http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref= ... 3201117108

DX2Texas
Pup
Pup

Post by DX2Texas » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:32 pm

what are the black bloods then are they dire wolves?
am leader
I AM AWESOME

Griffinsong
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Griffinsong » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:47 pm

DX2Texas wrote:what are the black bloods then are they dire wolves?
That is what Kay Fedewa calls them.

And to anyone who has said that the pages take too long to update: the artist is in university, I believe, and does have a life outside of the Internet.

AshWolf Forever
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AshWolf Forever » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:39 pm

Hi.

I came across it looking for wolves to draw from. It reminds me of an old fantasy movie, like the Flight of Dragons. The story, eh, I'm not sure. There's not enough of it.
I do like how the creator's living her dream, though.

Now to repeat myself: (I hope you don't mind)
Is it just me or do most wolf comics look like they're a cross between Balto and The (Anime) Jungle Book?
Granted, I've only read three:
The Blackblood Alliance, Twilight Spirits, and Of Paws and Wings, a link I found on the T. S. site.

But is there a "animated wolf" reference book I missed?

AshWolf Forever
---------------------------------------------------------
If everyone was the same, this'd be a dull world.
"The Windwater Pack" thread is dead. Any info on further installments/developments will be on my website, which has a link on my profile.

That said, gonna try and be more active, if I can figure out how to get back in the swing of things.
Avatar by StanHoneyThief on deviantART

DX2Texas
Pup
Pup

Post by DX2Texas » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:31 am

Does any one know when the game will be out ?
am leader
I AM AWESOME