Black Blood Alliance

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Glowfly64
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Black Blood Alliance

Post by Glowfly64 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:43 pm

I LOVE the blackblood alliance. I wonder if anyone thinks that the pups were killed on purpose. I didn't know that they were dire wolves. But, Dire wolves are bigger than my mom, who is around a bit bigger than 5 feet, but not 6. I wonder when the next time the fury will be released?

Feral Heirace
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Feral Heirace » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:55 pm

Glowfly64 wrote:I LOVE the blackblood alliance. I wonder if anyone thinks that the pups were killed on purpose. I didn't know that they were dire wolves. But, Dire wolves are bigger than my mom, who is around a bit bigger than 5 feet, but not 6. I wonder when the next time the fury will be released?
I believe the pups were killed on purpose, to the extent of what i think. And i do have a liking towards Rip-Tide and BloodSpill.

--Feral
--------───────── F e r a l ─────────
--------------Account No Longer Active
------------───────── ¥ ─────────

Maia Huntress
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Maia Huntress » Mon May 17, 2010 5:31 pm

I LOVE Blackblood Alliance! I really like how she draws the wolves and the backgrounds are pretty too. While the plot line is a bit predictable, it's still good. I can't wait for her to finish Issue 2! :mrgreen:

oxoDestinyoxo

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Mon May 17, 2010 10:21 pm

Guys in case you havent noticed Kay will no longer be writing BBA instead it has "changed hands" and will be rewritten and redrawn ect. by someone else no longer Kay.

I got this from the BBA official forum

Maia Huntress
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Maia Huntress » Tue May 18, 2010 5:28 pm

SierraWolf121 wrote:Guys in case you havent noticed Kay will no longer be writing BBA instead it has "changed hands" and will be rewritten and redrawn ect. by someone else no longer Kay.

REALLY? By who?! Why?! :shock:

oxoDestinyoxo

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Wed May 19, 2010 9:38 am

Maia Huntress wrote:
SierraWolf121 wrote:Guys in case you havent noticed Kay will no longer be writing BBA instead it has "changed hands" and will be rewritten and redrawn ect. by someone else no longer Kay.

REALLY? By who?! Why?! :shock:
Long quote prepare for alot of reading o.o
Copy/pasted from here.

http://kayfedewa.deviantart.com/journal/31520146/

"What I'm about to say has probably already been pretty apparent to many of you, and I'd even bet there's a good few who've been expecting a post like this for some months. So here it is!

I'm at a place where I can no longer fulfill my role on the BBA project. But rather than abandon what we and our watchers deem as a good thing, I'm transferring project leadership to :iconesda06: . We have outlined a BBA series "reboot" with a lot of new story ideas and feedback from me, but she'll ultimately be taking the helm on producing it. (with luck I -may- help with the character drawing, depending on how things look for me when the time comes.)

I wholeheartedly apologize for not being able to follow through and give you, loyal readers and supporters of our work, a completed project. I've tortured myself with guilt over this, but Ive seen that all this time I simply needed to be honest with myself and everyone else and face the fact that i just cant do this right now. And rather than make everyone, chiefly my project partner, sit in limbo wondering what the hell is going on, the best thing to do is to hand over the reigns.

If I had to compare the "reboot" to the older work with just one phrase I would say that it has had a lot more thought put in to the story, characters and other elements. The BBA originally started one day when i was in highschool, sitting in my bedroom at my parents house on a rainy day, bored out of my skull. I hopped on to the bed with a hardcover book, a mechanical pencil and a sheet of printer paper. I remember thinking something along the lines of "I'm going to draw a comic page". And I just did. I didn't plan anything really well and I didn't expect anyone else would ever read it, let alone like it!

It's funny how things turn out. I've really loved this project. I've met so many great people, had so many awesome experiences and learned so much because of it. (I could also write a novel here with my reflections on all of this, but that might be pretty self indulgent.)

On another note, i also wanted to remind everyone it's ok to using our characters/story in your own art, comics, stories and posting them on the internet is totally fine. All we ask that you don't sell try to sell the work.

If you'd like you can continue to watch this gallery if youre interested in following the bba reboot. I'll probably be posting it here, but it will also be in :iconesda06:'s gallery and she'll be the one reading and responding to comments.

I think it's going to be pretty good! I hope you'll enjoy it.
Thank you again, my fellow Deviants, for the many years of unwavering support and comradery.

~K"

So what does this mean for the forum? Basically, continue as per usual. The forum has never been strictly connected to the comic anyway and that's been its strength. That everyone here, regardless of how they feel about the comic, can come in and enjoy this place as a freeform roleplaying environment with a distinctive atmosphere and some well-realized cultures they can work within. If you have comic questions, feel free to ask me, but I'm not going to talk too much about that stuff. Why? Because a) I don't want to become the word of god and dictate to everyone how things should work and b) I'm still trying to figure out things myself. We've gone back to the drawing board with the comic and are fleshing out ideas again into something better than before. I won't promise anyone on what's staying or changing because that requires me to make promises I don't want to keep AND reveal important plot points before you can read it. What's the point of reading the book if I tell you everything?

Also I'll point out that Kay isn't LEAVING the comic so much as taking a backseat role. Essentially she was the director, now I am. She hasn't abandoned artwork and she isn't lacking ideas, she just felt I was the better half of the team to do the writing at this point in her life (if anyone's been following her journals or knows Kay personally, you'll know this past year and a half have been the rockiest and most dramatic).

What does this mean about cameos? Yeah, I'll try integrating everyone who refused the refund as best I can. No more cameos will ever be included in the comic though, so don't ask. If you want a refund after seeing this change of hands though, just shoot us emails and we'll make it happen. Don't feel bad about it, we really would rather just return your money than have you feel upset that you aren't getting Kay artwork any time soon.

If you want to see how the reboot is going, I'll be uploading conceptual work semi-regularly on my DA account at http://esda06.deviantart.com . I'll have to withhold some concept work of course since some of it is spoiler heavy, but some of the lighter stuff I think you guys will dig I'll definitely put up there. If you want to template it, I don't care. Kay's policies are similar to my own (so long as it wasn't commissioned work, I won't care if you borrow it, just give us credit).

Another question that's come up a bit is on help. I don't need help, I've got plenty of help already and help is something I'll seek, not come to me. I've got plenty of professionals and objective friends I go to for advice, so I don't need assistants tailing me. If I did need them, I'd ask. But thanks for the offer, it's heartening to know people care that much.

And that's about it for now. This really isn't that shocking if you've read my journals or the announcements any, but I figured I'd clarify in case there was confusion.
And heres what will be happening to BBA
http://esda06.deviantart.com/journal/31224089/

Hey all! There's been a lot of anxious fans wondering "what's happened to BBA? Did they quit? Is it on hiatus? When's the next page?"
So good news, and bad news. First bad news, I can't promise a new page anytime soon. But the reason for that is related to the good news.
The Blackblood Alliance will be undergoing a reboot! We'll be pulling the story back to before the current conflict and focusing on earlier in the characters lives, compressing the timeline a little and focusing on development. This is in response to criticism we've received in the past about pacing issues, but also a general dissatisfaction with how the story was progressing on our part. So we'll be experimenting with retooling the story structure and characterization to make the whole thing more fun and more character focused than before.

Will this tie directly into the current already printed issue? Will we be scrapping the pages of issue 2 we've already done? So far, I can't say. We just want to focus on these new ideas and, if we feel like it, possibly tie it into what we already have.
But frankly our skills have evolved significantly since issue 1 came out. The characters evolved, the plot evolved, even our knowledge of comic making has evolved. Issue 1 was a kind of a pilot, Issue 2 was where we were trying to perfect our skills. And since starting Issue 2, we've moved ahead further still. So rather than forcing ourselves to stick to a script we've grown beyond, we're opting to move forward by rehauling everything.

How much of everything though? We're not dumping all the plot elements. There was a lot of good ideas there. You'll still see a lot of the same characters and, if you followed us at all, recognize where the plot might be going. But those individual bits will be expanded upon and improved. So don't worry, your favorite characters aren't suddenly disappearing. Just the cast will grow more naturally and there'll be less Bleachism (or "holy crap why is there suddenly 15 new characters I've gotta remember?!!" though I hope we were never THAT bad.)

I've been doing a lot of writing lately reworking the plot, focusing on the first arc, and stitching things together. Kay's and mine's roles will be blending even more now than they were before (our titles, honestly, never really reflected the sum of what we do, both of us have a heavy hand in what the other does).

I'll be posting up some of the concept artwork I've been working on to allow everyone a look into what we're doing. Feedback is welcome, but understand that the whole reason we do this project is for fun. We have fun writing it, drawing it, and putting it together. That you guys get a kick out of it and enjoy the project enough to want a piece of it yourselves makes the project extra special. But The Blackblood Alliance was always a project about doing something you love, something independent from the bustle and shuffle of everyday worklife, and seeing what becomes of it. And that's something we want to take it back to, free of drama, and make it better for everyone (but especially for ourselves). So if you slam whatever concepts I put up, that's fine and you're welcome to your opinion. But really I'm just aiming to draw whatever is the most interesting for the both of us. Because in your adult life, you've gotta treasure those projects that are your creative outlet and not let them go. It's the same for a musician, or for a painter or a writer or a sculptor.

We're trying a new strategy with the game characters to make animation and marking design easier. Kay's been hard at work learning MAYA at her workplace and has become proficient enough that we think we can test using 2D transparencies of 3D models in the game. This way more markings and animations and characters doesn't become an impossible task. It'll still look like a 2D drawing though, Kay's style and modeling skills are such that the two almost look the same. This just takes a huge load off our back. Expect it to look just as pretty.

Ok, that's all. Back to your normal lives now, bai!

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Wed May 19, 2010 9:42 am

oh my... :shock:
i wonder when the next part gets out, i really want to read more from BBA... :?

~Jeames~
. - Jeames - .

For the last time,
I am a STICK okay?!?!
Oh and I own Paradiigm.
Now I must go annoy Dom.
sig/av ↝ Paradiigm/noir_187

Maia Huntress
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Maia Huntress » Wed May 19, 2010 1:55 pm

Okay, thanks Sierra121. I hope more will be coming out soon.....

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Sun May 30, 2010 6:02 pm

what are these books about and are they any good?

Maia Huntress
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Maia Huntress » Sun May 30, 2010 6:11 pm

jaguartail wrote:what are these books about and are they any good?
They are actually a webcomic, and they are about dire wolves. The plot is a bit diffucult to explain, so here's a summary from http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/p/11869/ ... d-Alliance, slightly altered by me.

Synopsis:
Story centers around a pack of outcast wolves, and their leader Swiftkill. Once the mighty guardsmen of the wolf clan of Inaria, after a grave incident involving Swiftkill, they were banished from the land and branded with the insulting name, Blackblood. Now the wolves of Inaria need their help, and have sent two scouts to plead for their help. But the Blackbloods are uncertain of whether or not they should trust their old pack after what they did to them.

Although the plot is somewhat predictable and cliche, the art is beautiful and the story and characters are wondeful. You should definitely check it out. Here's the link: www.theblackbloodalliance.com/?page_id=3

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sun May 30, 2010 6:19 pm

Ahh I love this comic very much indeed, I like the plots and all but yes, it is quite predictable and cliche. Although I absolutly love the artwork which is created for this comic, its nicely detailed and it gives alot of impression of the characters and such. Speaking of characters, I like how they vary in personality and body structure, my favourite character would probably be Swiftkill or Bloodspill.

Swiftkill, seems like a quite a caring and gentle female, although it seems that she isn't keen on showing her soft side, plus she seems very dedicated when it comes to accomplishing a task which she has been given. As for Bloodspill, she quite a rough character though I like though types of characters, and she seems quite sneaky and someone who you really don't want to mess with.

On the other hand, she's seems very protective of Swiftkill and stays loyal to her, plus Bloodspill does have her "Somewhat funny" moments. Overall I think its a really good comic, as others state, I really hope that we can see more of the story, I'm very eager to read more.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

TalaHuntress
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Seer

Post by TalaHuntress » Sun May 30, 2010 6:32 pm

I adore this comic. It's SOOO epic! Yes it's predictable, but aren't many things?

I agree with you about Swiftkill and Bloodspill, XxSilverwolfxX. I love them both, too. They're so wonderful! Brave, powerful, different, loveable, you get where I'm going.

AND the artwork is amazing! There is a nice contrast between the background(more blurry and soft looking) and the characters(more solid and bold looking). It is unique and beautiful.

I love this comic! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

wolf at heart
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by wolf at heart » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:21 am

I love Black blood alliance! The art is fantastic,and so are the characters^^

Zumi-saur

Post by Zumi-saur » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:37 am

BBA is alright, I enjoy it. It isnt my all time favorite though. Kay Fedewa, the creator, is really nice she helped me out with some stuff a while back.

Yogi

Post by Yogi » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:18 am

BBA Is pretty good (I prefer the background art) but the plot is a little over going. It is true that they have done the comic FOR NOW but I thin they are still working on the online game, which will be worth it.

Return to “Wolf Multimedia”