SOTL Comic - Updated

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Sintact

SOTL Comic - Updated

Post by Sintact » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:34 pm

in association with Songdog;

~ Shadow Over the Land ~

A wolf comic about a terrible disease that plagues the forest. A massive migration is said that will come for saving the species, but no one knows what will really happen in this journey...

S T flower F & H E L P E R S
For being a staff member you really need to show yourself devoted to the comic and willing to help us. By being a staff member it doesn't means your wolf will appear in the comic, for this, you need to work hard and show that you are really interested in the project.

> Sintact; graphic designer.
> Songdog; dialogue designer.
> Blindseer; character designer, helper.

Actually the comic is needing no helpers, soon we might ask for character designers and others, but it might be not soon.

Note: to the old helpers, if you are still interested in helping with the comic I need more attention of you in this thread since the new forums are not yet created. If I become lazy, is because I'm needing support of the staff, more "attention" to the comic and maybe more activity, that way I'll keep myself active.

G E N E R A L -- P R O G R E S S
--- Prologue
Page One - Almost done -- finishing second panel + adding details and plan the introduction.
Page Two - Sketching -- will be done fast.

Comic Status: Sintact is actually finishing the first page of the prologue, sketching the second page and planning the third page along with the entire plot and upcoming pages.

-- N E W S --
New forums will be created exclusively for those who really are interested in the comic.
Sintact is planning the entire first chapter of the comic, this might take some days to be done.
Sintact is working in some reference for the characters.

C H A R A C T E R S

Sintact - Wolf http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17 ... sign-1.png
Dogsong - Coyote - http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17 ... ogsong.png
Marduk - Wolf
Lenore - Crow
Name ? - Mountain Lion http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17 ... actice.png
Name ? - Whooping Crane

: Important characters
: Extra characters
: Not decided yet
Last edited by Sintact on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Wildfire93

Re: Wolf Comic needs Helpers & Ideas

Post by Wildfire93 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:14 pm

I have a title that can work maybe.

How about Moonlight Wolves?

moonscar
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by moonscar » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:05 pm

well here is what's out, these are the names of my comics

Wolf Age
Gamma
Siren

let me think for you

for a title is would have to follow with the plot of the story, you still have anything in mind? all of my comics deal: interspecies conflict, abilities given to the character, and a group of mischeavous teenage wolves.

here's a sample of my work:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7741 ... ebegin.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5016/w ... ologue.png

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:31 pm

You comic looks nice, but I'm looking to make my own, though I like the name Wolf Age. But no, I don't have any ideas.

Moonlight wolves sounds too common, I'm searching for something with "Legacy" on it.

Wildfire93

Post by Wildfire93 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:41 pm

hmmm.... Ultimate Legacy, Arctic Legacy, October Sky.
Sorry for the horrible names, I can't think of any right now. :(

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:48 pm

Sintact wrote:You comic looks nice, but I'm looking to make my own, though I like the name Wolf Age. But no, I don't have any ideas.

Moonlight wolves sounds too common, I'm searching for something with "Legacy" on it.
yeah, I have seen several comics with that name. and tons of other variations with the name "moonlight" in it.

you need something a bit more original.

I can't think of any names without seeing some kind of plot or characters or something.

as for characters, I think that having some sort of non-wolf as a character as one of the main characters would make it more interesting; such as a coyote, mountan lion, bear, beaver, raven, etc.
most comics I have seen just have wolves as the characters, and nothing else, and I tend to find many of those kinds of things boring.
icon by Rottenrobbie

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:06 pm

That's a good idea, Blindseer.
I think adding a coyote and mountain lion to the comic would be awesome. I'm having some ideas now.

I think that staring with a loner would be the best.

I have many ideas now xD

I might make a forum (outside of WQ of course) about this comic if anyone wants to join.

The ones that help the most will be on the comic, being the main character's friend or loyal something.

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:15 pm

so you think you might make a comic about a loner wolf, and follow him through his adventures as he perhaps find friends and builds a pack?

I would join the forum if you make one.
icon by Rottenrobbie

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:23 pm

Yeah something like that, though the extra characters like the mountain lion will play tricks to this wolf, promising things nonexistent, making the wolf follow the lion to nowhere, for the end the lion will cheat the wolf and run away, there the wolf starts his journey alone and starts meeting new animals and wolves.

In other chapter of the comic they might start a pack, then we could involve more fantastical things, etc.

Soon I'll post the colouring style I'll be using.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:36 pm

I wouldn't mind helping with the title. How about "The Endless Road, _____'s <(the wolf's name) Mighty Legacy" Or something like that, or "A Road to Nowhere, A Wolf's Legacy"
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:57 pm

Sounds good, maybe first we should plan the story and the central plot and then see what title we should give to it.

moonscar
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by moonscar » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:05 pm

legacy of the wolf runners

legacy of the moontoucher
just some ideas

i wouldn't mind giving you some characters, i like to create all kinds of wolves. i wouldn't mind helping in coloring unforutnately i only do digital mostly. but it's fun still. if you need any help, i don't mind at all

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:09 pm

Thanks for the ideas. When I have the forums up, we will see what to do with all this stuff.

Also, more less like this will be the coloruing style; http://sintact.deviantart.com/art/Elephant-126886218
Not sure yet.

moonscar
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by moonscar » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:11 pm

awesome :) well like i said, if you need any help in the comic i don't mind at all, i love doing this stuff

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:12 pm

Sintact wrote:Yeah something like that, though the extra characters like the mountain lion will play tricks to this wolf, promising things nonexistent, making the wolf follow the lion to nowhere, for the end the lion will cheat the wolf and run away, there the wolf starts his journey alone and starts meeting new animals and wolves.

In other chapter of the comic they might start a pack, then we could involve more fantastical things, etc.

Soon I'll post the colouring style I'll be using.
that sounds like a good way to begin it
icon by Rottenrobbie

Return to “Wolf Multimedia”