Jane Lindskold's Firekeeper series.

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
fcherokee_woman
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Jane Lindskold's Firekeeper series.

Post by fcherokee_woman » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:08 pm

I'm sure I can post this here because this series is about a girl who talks to animals, and was raised by wolves, and has a wolf named Blind Seer who she calls her "brother".

What do you guys think of the Firekeeper series? I personally love them. Firekeeper is a very interesting character, being raised by wolves and all. I do believe that one of my favorite characters would be her companion Blind Seer. If you are looking for a good series to start, and you enjoy 700 page books with no pictures, I highly recommend:
Through Wolf's Eyes
Wolf's Head, Wolf's Heart
Dragon of Despair
Wolf Captured
Wolf Hunting
Wolf's Blood

Find them at your local Barnes & Noble's or Books-A-Million!

I haven't read Wolf's blood yet, but that's the next one I'm getting. If you have read this series, what do you think about it?
I am Frost,
Proud Member of Undine Falls!

Why do you hurt me?
I don't see why
You always have to
Make me cry.
Howl like the wolf
Loud as can be.
Nowadays
You can't hurt me.
For my heart
Is guarded by
The Wolf!

© Lauren (A.K.A. Frost, Frostear, fcherokee_woman)

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Jane Lindskold's Firekeeper series.

Post by pawnee » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:05 pm

I have yet to read them. The library only carries like the 4th installment so it woulnd't make any sense.
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

Aurora Alaska
New Pack Member
New Pack Member
Location: Being in Aurora's Place of Absolute Excitement and Dullness and Oxymorons

Post by Aurora Alaska » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:02 pm

I have just purchased the first book. I'm hoping that it is as good as the reviews make it out to be.
Aurora
Hope is a shining beacon. Let it lead you to your true place. Let it guide your soul.

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:13 pm

pawnee wrote:I have yet to read them. The library only carries like the 4th installment so it woulnd't make any sense.
they can be read as standalones.
the first three are largely politics, the second three have more action.

the fourth book starts out on a new continent, and you really don't miss out on much other than a little bit of background story that doesnt rely interfere withthe books too much.

I started on the foruth book myself, and the second half of the series was much better than the first half.
icon by Rottenrobbie

withpurpleflowers
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by withpurpleflowers » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:27 pm

I've read the series several times. I really enjoyed it, but I was kind of disappointed where she ended it. It seemed kind of half-hearted and there were alot of loose ends. I felt like a story was just starting with all of the things they found out in the last book. Overall though, it was a very well-written series.

AshWolf Forever
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AshWolf Forever » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:04 pm

Hi.
I've only read #1 and #3(that's Dragon of Despair, right?)
I love it! Though there is a similar plot point in "Avalon: Web of Magic #3 CRY OF THE WOLF" as "Through Wolf's Eyes". Is it over? Guess I'd better find the rest.

Oh, and Amazon has them, I think.

AshWolf Forever
----------------------------------------------------------
"I could miss you, sister, were I parting from you."
~Blind Seer
"My bond with my human pack-mate makes me who I am. I belong with her."
~Stormbringer
"The Windwater Pack" thread is dead. Any info on further installments/developments will be on my website, which has a link on my profile.

That said, gonna try and be more active, if I can figure out how to get back in the swing of things.
Avatar by StanHoneyThief on deviantART

Lonewolf14
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Lonewolf14 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:23 am

A great series, but I think that the first book of the series was better because it dealt less with magic and more with the interactions between Firekeeper and the wolves, as well as the other human characters.

Tyne
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Tyne » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:38 pm

The fourth book, Wolf Captured, which I am reading right now, also has a lot of interactions between Firekeeper and the Wise Wolves (aka Royal), more so I believe than the first book that it has more wolves and whole chapters dedicated to it. They can be read as stand alones, but personally, I prefer reading them in order.
The books I have read so far are intriguing, and all are well-structured.

Return to “Wolf Multimedia”