The WeuUkoo Wolves by TaniDaReal

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

The WeuUkoo Wolves by TaniDaReal

Post by Blightwolf » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:00 am

http://www.weuukoo.com/
The WeuUkoo Pack - the Wolves of Sidh Eryn - are a family clan of about 25 wolves. They are related to the common European Grey Wolf, but they belong to a rare sub species (canis lupus canus) which was born about 4000 years ago. The live stock of these beautiful animals has come down to only about 150 animals. They are famous for their soft grey fur which is covered with all kinds of eye-catching markings. Their fluffy fur is softer than regular wolf fur, almost feline-like. In very rare cases, purebred WeuUkoo Wolves can also have brownish fur.

What makes the WeuUkoo different from other wolves is their ability to climb trees. Almost like foxes, they have flexible claws (though they can't completely retract them), which makes them tricky and successful hunters. They are living in a territory with many rocks and cliffs, but also a lot of forests, for what those claws and their big paws are very useful.

The WeuUkoo's hierarchy is just a little bit different from average wolves. The pack is also lead by an alpha, who can be male or female. Usually there is a female and a male alpha, but as the WeuUkoo Wolves have supporting counselors, they can also have only one single alpha. According to the situation, also the other wolves are allowed to have cubs (not only the alpha couple).

Many of the WeuUkoo are living a very spiritual way, honouring their legendary wolf ancestors and spirits of nature. Usually one or two mentors are teaching those old legends, often a shaman is doing that job. A few of them are also able to speak several animal languages, like with foxes, crows or weasels.

Every member has his/her place in the family pack, hierarchy fights are usually rare. There are consultants, mentors, protectors, figthers and guardians. The peaceful the internal ranking usually is, the stronger and powerful the pack acts against enemies.

http://www.weuukoo.com/04fstory.htm

I created the WeuUkoo Wolves in 2001 and continued developing the story and backgrounds over the years. When I decided to draw a comic about them in 2007/2008, I was very happy to welcome Cairyn, a talented writer, who joined the project to guide me. He also offered to write the book story about the WeuUkoo Wolves, for what awesome work I am eternally thankful for.

A challenger for Kay Fedewa's and E. Siegel's The Blackblood Alliance?
AUGUST 2009 USER OF THE MONTH

Dewfrost
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: The WeuUkoo Wolves by TaniDaReal

Post by Dewfrost » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:06 am

I've seen Tani's artwork for the WeuUkoo Wolves on deviantART, which I think is incredible. But wow, I didn't know she started on them in 2001! Still, she's very creative to have thought up something like this and continued working on the story and drawings over the years.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MeginoRAWR

My lashes are dry, purple teardrops I cry.

♦ WolfQuest User Of The Month September 2009

Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Blightwolf » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:12 am

I think the idea of WeuUkoo Wolves is original, which is just ... rare, nowadays. And of course the story and the comic is amazing.

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:44 pm

I saw one page for this thing. A number of years ago. Are you sure this isn't a dead project?

Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Blightwolf » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:27 am

I think that the author/maker would inform on the site if the project no longer existed or closed down the site altogether. I know a Finnish wolf comic maker that has been working with her comic for over 6 years and she only has 4 or 5 pages done; she's developed it for so long she wants to make a slow process to make sure everything is perfect.

And for the story, it probably takes time to translate it a bit, since they write it originally in German and then in English.

I am fairly sure The WeuUkoo Wolves is still alive.

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:27 pm

The thing is, the site only has two pages. Those are the same pages I saw years ago.

I do a bit of work with comics. It only takes Kahea about a week to do a page. Most comic artists can at least update once a month. Some, like "The Meek" update twice a week

Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Blightwolf » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:32 am

Well, not all comic makers work in the same way, of course. Like I said, some work takes a lot of time to progess even a tiny bit, especially if they are large and extend projects. I am going to just let some time pass and see if the author updates, I'm fairly interested in this wolf series.

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:30 pm

The artist is on DA:
http://tanidareal.deviantart.com/

Her two comic pages are up there as well. The first page came out in 2007, the second page came out in January of 2009. Not what you call a very reliable comic ^^;

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:52 pm

lol well I guess I can't comment with the above statement >>>>>
<<<<< though its not dead...

some things just need to boil in the pot for a while before being ready you know? well maybe you should PM the artist?
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain