Your Favorite Wolf Artists?

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Griffinsong
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Your Favorite Wolf Artists?

Post by Griffinsong » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:09 pm

I didn't see a topic like this already.... ^^"

I thought that this might be a place where you could share some of your favorite wolf artists with others, and maybe state why you like them.

Some of my personal favorite artists are Wolf250 (http://wolf250.deviantart.com/) Khaosdog, MirrorZan and Goldenwolf.
Last edited by Griffinsong on Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alulyra
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: In a magic world where wolves have powers and Yagara is the fourth follower

Re: Your Favorite Wolf Artists?

Post by alulyra » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:45 pm

Griffinsong wrote:I didn't see a topic like this already.... ^^"

I thought that this might be a place where you could share some of your favorite wolf artists with others, and maybe state why you like them.

My favorite artist has been WildSpiritWolf since th first time I saw her art. She as got perfect proporcions and anatomy of the wolves, also a delicous coloring. ^^
wolf+volk+ulv+loup+lupo+lobo+ookami+shiva=Canis lupus
http://yagara-lostwolf.deviantart.com/ check out my comic ¿want a character?

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:14 pm

I guess this has to be placed here...considering it doesn't fit in with user artwork topic....

well my favourite artist of all time is Robert Bateman...no offense wolf quest pals...

Some I know more so than others are Fawn, Sintact, Cerbolt, Bluewolf, and songdog. I should really be checking out more artwork on the user artwork forum.....I love the original stuff...where people expirment to create something new. its cool. :D
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

Alutiiq_wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: In a dream filled with wolves eating pickles and ...... "DORRIE GET BACK TO WORK!!"

Post by Alutiiq_wolf » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:42 pm

Definatly Wildspiritwolf, pearlEden, and akreon and some other YES SINTACT UR ONE lol
and probably my mom who i have never met or seen i have seen pictres of her art though.
Jealous
Amazing
Zany
Zipy
Irresitable

Maybe a tad egomatic? :D

"Practice makes perfect if there is such a thing as perfect"

"My culture, my life, my choices, my song, I am alutiiq"

~ Jazzi

Avvie by me!!

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:58 pm

Let me think...

Obviously Pawnee, Sintact, Kahea, Mac, and probably some one I'm forgetting. Zee is also really good, but isn't on the forum.
Zee: http://zeehorse.deviantart.com/art/Adri ... -125543350

You should know how to find the others =D

But I feel weird including friends. Because then, there will always be that one guy who is all "Why didn't you include me if you included them?"

So non-personal friends would include:
WolfPearl: http://wolfpearl.deviantart.com/art/Tha ... e-92545833
KhaosDog: http://khaosdog.deviantart.com/art/Glow ... -137628641

And....I don't know. I used to like GoldenWolfen's stuff but, a lot of it became sorta...boring. It was like she lost motivation do to original stuff. I also liked a lot of Kyoht's stuff but...most of the canines she drew were coyotes. So...double win =D

Can't think of others. Akreon's style is just, not for me. She has great art, but I don't really care for it personally. I kind of like art that plays on stylization.

alulyra
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: In a magic world where wolves have powers and Yagara is the fourth follower

Post by alulyra » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Alutiiq_wolf wrote:Definatly Wildspiritwolf, pearlEden, and akreon and some other YES SINTACT UR ONE lol
and probably my mom who i have never met or seen i have seen pictres of her art though.
wow!! i dont like Pearll Eden at all.. he is so... anoyying
but i agree with you with WSW and Akreon
but there are also another great artists

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:39 pm

All of WildSpiritWolf's stuff sorta looks the same to me. There's not much interesting about it. Pearl Eden has a lot of hype. Don't get me wrong, both talented artists. Just don't understand the hype.

Shukoka2
Pup
Pup

Post by Shukoka2 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:57 pm

I have to agree with Pawnee I really like Robert Bateman my favorite one by him is wolf pack in moonlight its also the only one we own by him but I would love to get more in the future
Loner

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:44 am

Shukoka2 wrote:I have to agree with Pawnee I really like Robert Bateman my favorite one by him is wolf pack in moonlight its also the only one we own by him but I would love to get more in the future

My all time favourite wolf picture by him is "black wolf". The intensity of the wolf is so strong and the mood is really over powering....putting something like that on your wall becomes the main focal point for a wolf phanatic as myself.

I like Khaosdog works, but I don't like how some are really fantasy like in requests or paid pictures. eg,markings, ect.

I like Akreon's unusual artwork....I like her wolves but I like seeing her realism and other elements more so than the typical comic book wolves all the time.
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

alulyra
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by alulyra » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:54 pm

Songdog wrote:All of WildSpiritWolf's stuff sorta looks the same to me. There's not much interesting about it. Pearl Eden has a lot of hype. Don't get me wrong, both talented artists. Just don't understand the hype.
Well WildSpiritWolf drawings have always the same style because ppl comission her for that!! And PearlEden is a copy of all artists

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:51 am

sprintingfox08 is by far my fav, but she hasn't been on in a long time and never submitted artwork besides avatars. After her it would be Songdog, Sintact, pawnee and SolitaryHowl.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ˢ ʳ ˢ
ˢ ʳʸʰ ˢ ʰ
ˣ ˢ ʰˢ,
ʰ ʳʸʰ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

av/sig/quote © coyoteflu/LupinzPack/patty griffin

Ratlover4194
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Ratlover4194 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:47 am

Ooh, this is my element! XD

Favorite Professional Artists:
Carl Brenders: I believe he does either acrylic or guache. Oh my gosh, his paintings look like photos! :shock: Anyone who likes wolf art HAS to check out his website!
Lesley Harrison: She does pastels. Her wolves are amazing! She gets so much detail in the fur, it's incredible.
Terry Isaac: Works in acrylic. Very nice fur detail.
J C Amberlyn: Wonderful wolves, and animals of all types, done in pen and pencil. Great detail and anatomy.
I know there are others, but they slip my mind right now... :oops:

Favorite Artists on WolfQuest:
First of all, if I don't mention some of you whose art I enjoy, I'm terribly sorry! :P
Domin: You're a wonderful artist, and have great potential. I especially enjoyed your "Mother and Pup" piece.
Chennoue: Amazing detail. How can you be so patient?!
Wolfwind: I love your style! Can't get enough of Osprey! ^.^
Windseeker: Stunning work, especially for computer generated.
Sintact: I also like your style!
TimbertheDelta: You have a very nice style, and I especially enjoy your backgrounds.
SongDog: Wonderful line-tool wolves, and other neat little things done on the infamously annoying Paint! :lol:
I would say myself, but I don't want to seem like I have a big ego... :oops:

I will update when I think of more!
There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors... You know the thing you need most of all? You need a hand to hold. - Tenth Doctor
http://trekwolf4194.deviantart.com/

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:29 am

Your "training pups" drawing won the SC photo contest didn't it? I think you're a good artist.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ˢ ʳ ˢ
ˢ ʳʸʰ ˢ ʰ
ˣ ˢ ʰˢ,
ʰ ʳʸʰ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

av/sig/quote © coyoteflu/LupinzPack/patty griffin

-x-Zaroque-x-
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by -x-Zaroque-x- » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:08 pm

I really like FeatherDust pictures, she draws Wolves and just not Wolves, Dragons, Phoenixs and loads more she is really really good the Artist! :mrgreen: 8)I love Carl Brenders too, they really look like pictures but they are not! Ha ha!
..../\/\/\/...........------- Who am I? -------
.........../..........I'm Captain Jack Sparrow!

............\/\/\/.....Avatar © Gingerwolff <3

Ratlover4194
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Ratlover4194 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:55 pm

Hoover wrote:
Your "training pups" drawing won the SC photo contest didn't it? I think you're a good artist.
Yes, it did. (Man that still sounds so surreal!) Thank you very much! :D
Hoover wrote:sprintingfox08 is by far my fav, but she hasn't been on in a long time and never submitted artwork besides avatars. After her it would be Songdog, Sintact, pawnee and SolitaryHowl.
Oh yeah. I forgot about sprintingfox08. Yes, she is very good too. :)
There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors... You know the thing you need most of all? You need a hand to hold. - Tenth Doctor
http://trekwolf4194.deviantart.com/

Return to “Wolf Multimedia”