Wurr (wolf comic)

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Wurr (wolf comic)

Post by Songdog » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:12 pm

Does anyone follow the wolf comic 'Wurr'? It's still somewhat obscure, but I enjoy it. I admit, it can be rather slow-moving, especially now.
"The world has been divided into two, to the beautiful and colorful lands of dogs, and a dark and murky Crater Valley which is inhabited by monstrous *hounds. There has been a war between the two in the past, but the invading hounds were driven back to the Crater and peace was restored.
Years have passed since then, and now a small pack of hounds, lead by three-eyer and big-fanged (and speech defected) Iacar, living near the edge of the Crater is facing their worst fears. The territory of their neighboring pack has been taken over by fearsome monster-rabbits, and now that pack is driving Iacar and his mates away from their home. And if that wasn't already bad enough, they have only one direction to go to: To the Outside, to the lands of ... DOGS!"
The first few pages will lead you believe that it's another cliche war story of good and evil, but get past that and it flips the story entirely. I am very fond of the character designs, as they are creative. Not just 'let's throw on wings and horns'. Their mutations aren't always helpful, in fact some can be downright horrid. Most of them aren't beneficial at all. And I enjoy the simple black and white; I'm rather tired of all the bright colorful comics that spend waaay too much time on minute details and backgrounds while forgetting that it's the story that counts.

Wurr can be found on DeviantArt here: http://wolfpearl.deviantart.com/gallery/#Wurr

Firefly34
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Wurr (wolf comic)

Post by Firefly34 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:28 pm

I've been reading a lot of it but haven't really kept up with the last couple pages. I agree with about the creativity of the characters as well as the black and white pages. Not only do some coloured comics lose a bit of the story while focusing on the details, but the pages can take forever to get out. I think it's a pretty interesting story so far.

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:33 pm

Firefly34 wrote:I've been reading a lot of it but haven't really kept up with the last couple pages. I agree with about the creativity of the characters as well as the black and white pages. Not only do some coloured comics lose a bit of the story while focusing on the details, but the pages can take forever to get out. I think it's a pretty interesting story so far.
Or they get abandoned, like the oh-so-many on deviantArt that pile up.

Personally, I prefer story over artwork, anyway. Aside from that, I like things that have some style (and now just the Disney-knock off sparkle style)

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:57 pm

I love Wurr; the characters are interesting and easily pull the reader into the story. The black and white really works for Wurr; readers can focus more on the plot and story rather than "glittery" and colorful pictures, especially since Wurr has a great deal of plot in it.

I haven't caught up with the most recent pages, but everytime I read the comic I will be stuck at the computer for hours; it always seems to pull me back in regardless of where I stopped off the previous time.

-Fen-
Pup
Pup

Post by -Fen- » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:29 pm

I've never read it before, is it some kind of Japanese comic they have these days? :/
.....................Ƒen

.........Oh yeah, I just totally did.

.........................^^

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:00 pm

-Fen- wrote:I've never read it before, is it some kind of Japanese comic they have these days? :/
Perhaps you should read the first post. That is generally the respectful thing to do, especially since all of the information is listed there as well as a link to the comic.

Why do I get the feeling you're just trying to cause trouble?

I have the same thing Kivia. I'll go back to look at a page, and then keep reading it. I think I prefer black and white/reduced color over full color comics actually. I can name more comics I like that aren't in full color, as opposed to those that are.

Windripper
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Location: I'm a shadow shifting in the mist, the phantom from dreams you most fear

Post by Windripper » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:59 am

I remember this comic.
I had stumbled upon it when I didn't have an account so I lost track of it.
I'm so happy I looked at this topic because it's one of the favorite comics I have ever read/started to read. The character designs are so unique and the storyline is very intriguing.
I thank you Songdog.
✼.вε yσuяsεℓf.✼
▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬
мε вε yσuяsεℓf
αт тнε ∂αηcιηg sтσηεs ραcк
вεcαusε εvεяyσηε εℓ ιs тαкεη
▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬
-Sig © Starz10-

Lunarspirit

Post by Lunarspirit » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:58 pm

OMG!!! THAT COMIC IS ASUM! i personally think it is better than strays, and i like the wolf's lisp! haha, it was funny, too bad Hafmar got stuck in black touch!

TalaHuntress
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Seer

Post by TalaHuntress » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:52 pm

I just finished reading it! I really like it! The artwork is amazing!

Winterwolf1

Post by Winterwolf1 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:13 pm

I just found out about Wurr recently. I really like this comic and I am now up to date with all the pages ^^.
I think it works well with the black and white. I find the characters intriguing, how they are all unique.
Icon made by Sambhur

HeliaHuntress
Pup
Pup

Post by HeliaHuntress » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:41 pm

Wurr is a wonderful story! :mrgreen:

Huntress of the Secret Forest Pack(Accepting!)
I love Guinea Pigs!!!!

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:37 am

alphakasha wrote:wowsers!!! THAT COMIC IS ASUM! i personally think it is better than strays, and i like the wolf's lisp! haha, it was funny, too bad Hafmar got stuck in black touch!
The wolf's lisp can be confusing, although I like that they added it. Since it both makes sense, considering his misshapen jaw, and adds to the character.

I like a lot of the concepts they use throughout the story. Like the 'deepblood', which are the ones that are too misshapen and are not allowed to have children, as the risk of their genetic traits being passed down could kill the mother trying to give birth. Or the 'whispering ones', who are the hounds that don't have complete genders.

Lunarspirit

Post by Lunarspirit » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:40 am

yeah. but isnt anyone sad that Hafmar fell into the black touch?! anyone!?

Quivira
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Quivira » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:56 am

I love Wurr, I found out about it quite a while ago. Right now, they finally made it to the different land with the dogs, can't wait to see what happens next.

Snakes

knives
-- Butch  Deloria

avatar/sig © Lupinzpack/twinlinskis

Lunarspirit

Post by Lunarspirit » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:57 am

ANYONE!? HAFMAR?! BLACK TOUCH!? SAD?!