Wolf of Shadows and Wolf Totem

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Wolf of Shadows and Wolf Totem

Post by pawnee » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:00 pm

Wolf of Shadows is written by Whitney Striber and was inspired when a reader wrote in asking "what happens to the animals?" from his earlier book about nuclear war. Wolf of Shadows is a short read but Striber`s knack for writing about animal behaviour make it intense. Even though Wolf of Shadows is an outcast of his pack, the author does an excellent job of seeing through a wolf`s eyes. Wolf of Shadows lives on the fringes of wolf terrirtory but when he watches a bomb hit a Minnesota city, he tries to tell his pack to run away. No one believes him, and he watches as a biologist and her daughter escape to the country and try and survive in a post apocolyptic world. Many people and animals die, and eventually Wolf of Shadows adopts the two humans into his small pack and leads them to a southern paradise. Its a hard read to find, but well worth it.

The author of Wolf Totem won a nobel rpize for his writing, and the book is coming out in english in april. I don`t know what its about other than a man understanding wolves and people in mondolia.
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

Lupen
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Wolf of Shadows and Wolf Totem

Post by Lupen » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:15 am

im a big time reader its books are the only things that dont run away from me! i have to check that book out :mrgreen:
.:Art Obsession:.

Youtube: Youtube.com/addictivemind

Deviantart: http://addictivemind.deviantart.com/

I Take Requests :P