Wolf Books you are Writing

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Re: Wolf Books you are Writing

Post by Masika » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:35 am

Oceansong-Direwolf wrote:I have many unfinished stories, some I never plan to finish. Nearly 70% of all those are about cats. But I am currently thinking about writing an unrealistic story about dragons, and I might try to make a story that explains how it would be possible for dragons to exist, if they did exist. But I don't think any of you came to hear about dragons, did you? Well, I fail at writing about wolves, or any canine really. I just don't find it possible to make a good story about them. Canines are so hard to write about, realistic or not. And I don't plan to write about them anymore.
This thread is for discussing books your writing about wolves, not any other animals/creatures ;)
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

LeaderOfDreams
Yearling
Yearling

Post by LeaderOfDreams » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:43 am

I'm writing a series of poems called Hopeful^Wonder, I don't want to say too much so, check it out the first poem is up for you to take a look, http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=52304

enjoy :D

LunarWolf94
Pup
Pup

Post by LunarWolf94 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:01 am

I never published a book but I did write a few.Currently I'm working on a new wolf themed book.It's not exactly realistic but there are no super powers or anything.
It's simply a story about a few packs of wolves who start a war and about one wolf that's suppose to stop everything,having to face many obstacles of which the most horrific are the sacrifices that will happen to stop the tragedy from progressing further.
The story is very touching because there are feelings between some wolves and those feelings might get shattered due to the situation they are in.
I believe it will be great when finished and maybe I will get the chance to publish it! :mrgreen:
In the cold breeze that I walk along
The memories haunt me
Been forever since I cried the pain and sorrow
I live and die,proud of my people gaining

I'm standing at the edge
starin up at where the moon should be
Until my soul starts howling
Stray!

Dark Rumour

Post by Dark Rumour » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:21 pm

I wrote a small tale when I was about eight, called the Mist and the Smoke, about a white wolf and a black wolf who grew up together but weren't related and all that chiz. Now I find that everything was a bit too child-ish, so no.

Now I'm writing a book mentally but drawing characters for a graphic novel called, "The Silver Spirits". There might be three issues, because of the long story. It's about the first wolves of the earth in one of the first forests. They are of course, direwolves, but different. The regular direwolves are outside the forest, but this forest is huge. Anyway, the Dark Days are cast upon the pack, with sinister alphas, true love, and deaths. Anyway, it's based off of my wolf character's roleplay history that I made up. I minimized it to at least three pages, but it's much longer then that. I'm posting some character sketches on dA, and the story is still being polished in my head. I am still debating with myself whether it should be a book, or a type of comic. I think I'll like put a photo every so often if it was a book... I don't know yet. The storyline is made, along with most of the characters! I just need a few background characters that I know are there, but need some names.

Selize
Pup
Pup

Post by Selize » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:00 pm

What mynameisfaolon said about realistic stuff being boring I would have to disagree! I think that everyday life is amazing but very few, if any, people can see it! There is more than you can fit in your mind about wolves and all the plots you could think of! As far as the fantasy stuff I think it should be allowed cuz fantasy stuff can put an interesting twist on it that authors look for! i am currently creating a book about albino wolves and how they are being hunting into extinction. It is very sad but lots of love and its also a bit funny! I havent thought of a catchy name yet but I have millions of options written down! This is my 14th book! :D
yoυ we re a ѕм all вυмp υnвorn,
тнen тorn ғroм lιғe,
мayвe yoυ were needed υp тнere,
we're ѕтιll υnѕυre wнy

Avvie ©brebear.dA
Signature ©Ed Sheeran (Small Bump)

Silver_Sky

Post by Silver_Sky » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:28 pm

Selize wrote:What mynameisfaolon said about realistic stuff being boring I would have to disagree! I think that everyday life is amazing but very few, if any, people can see it! There is more than you can fit in your mind about wolves and all the plots you could think of! As far as the fantasy stuff I think it should be allowed cuz fantasy stuff can put an interesting twist on it that authors look for! i am currently creating a book about albino wolves and how they are being hunting into extinction. It is very sad but lots of love and its also a bit funny! I havent thought of a catchy name yet but I have millions of options written down! This is my 14th book! :D
I think fantasy writing can be a bit easier to write because you get to release your imagination rather than thinking, "would that work? no, a wolf would never do that". But I have nothing against realistic stories; the one I am writing now--I think it will be a novel, and definitley the first book of a series--is definitly fantasy.
I think I'll have to agree with mynameisfaolan about realistic things partially: it can be boring to write sometimes. But as for what Selize said, I think she is also right that realistic stories arent boring... as long as you're the one reading it, that is. :D

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:46 pm

I think the question we must ask ourselves is not if realism uses the creative mind, but how it does compared to fantasy. I think each style of writing utilizes a different sort of creativity. Realism relies on a persons ability to work with the setting laid down by the natural laws of the physical universe. Fantasy depends on a persons ability to change those laws in a way that we can still comprehend yet still enjoy the supernatural flavour of it.

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:06 pm

We should get back to topic, I don't want this locked by a mod.

Eh... I'm starting to lose interest in writing that book.

chickiefoo
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by chickiefoo » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:15 pm

I'm currently writing Book 1 of my own series. Its VERY unrealistic, so that I can get my creativity out of my head on onto some paper. I'm currently writing the draft on notebook paper then I'll type it out on the computer to change mistakes, add interest, etc... Its called Wolves of the Valley, and I have the whole story plotted out in my head. The next book will be called Scars of Time, a proluge to book 1, I also have that one plotted out in my head. Book 3 is the last book and I have not put much thought into it but hey, that's a two books ahead and I don't really need to be watsting time thinking on it. I am trying to make it not cliche as possible, but that's pretty hard with a wolf book :P
Bajj
Expert Wolf

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:34 pm

I am starting to write a book, based on a game me and my cousins would play when we were younger. But it is way unrealistic, so no WQ for this story.

It takes place 300 years in the future from now. The wolves have evolved and changed, and they are now smarter, smarter than any other human was. As the human population of the world decreases, the wolves' population increases. The wolves build buildings, homes, and cities. Soon the wolves become the dominant creature of the earth, and humans have gone extinct.

At least that is what they thought.

The humans tried to be peaceful with the wolves, but the wolves refused, which accidentally started a long war. Every human in the world was trained to be a hunter, and when guns were not powerful enough, they used a special type of creature, a crossbreed between a Saber Tooth Tiger and a dog.

The wolves have also grown super powers, such as wings, breathing fire, spells, and even learned how to use Bows and Arrows and Guns.

In the midst of the war, three wolves try to start a Rock Band, careless about the war. Their names are Silver, Charlotte, and Fang. And they have an unusual pet- the last domesticated cat in the world, named Bone.

But when they reach the brink of death, the wolves realize how dangerous the war has become. As they tour around in their rock band, they also must fight off the humans, and using resources and new creatures and crossbreeds in the future, they must win the war, and suffer the consequences of refusing peace.

I've decided to name the book "Suffering Consequences", but I might change it in the future.

dustydawn
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by dustydawn » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:53 pm

I recently have been working on a wolf story called, 'Beside Me' ; It's dedicated to one of my dearest friends on here. ^.^
I hope to post it sometime here soon. Working on the first chapter. :D
" too many feelings "

" and love is a word used too much and much too soon "
icon : soranofavalor

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:56 am

I have recently taken to an old idea I had for a WQ piece. I'm not abandoning my current in-the-works wolf story, just taking a break. I miss writing in true realism.

So far I have decided on these things, but it's not set in stone yet. The story will be about as realistic as I can get it; no speech or human emotions. It will have chapters, each featuring a different stage or theme in an ethiopian wolf's life. The story will feature ethiopian wolves as mentioned, and be titled later on. I am working out the plot structure now :) .

Silver_Sky

Post by Silver_Sky » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:09 pm

I have decided to make another story, this one is a mostly-realistic story that will be on WQ. (yes, I did already make sure this fits the rules--thanks, Koa)

It's basically a biography of a wolf from about the time when the parents move them to the second den site to when she is old.
There is a human in it, but the human doesn't affect the wolf; it's the watch (she won't know it's a watch) that he drops which affects the wolf. She first sees it as a pup, then sees it again reminding her of her past. It sounds dumb I know, but I think it will be fun writing it and I want to have a story on WQ.

I haven't decided on the names, characters, exact plot, setting, or name yet--I'm still researching, hehehe.

Wildheart98
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Wildheart98 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:13 pm

A short series, mainly lots of books, but there short.I went though my compisision note books from like 4 or 5 years ago and found it. Very clever idea, i finished the first book already but now that i reflect on it it is more of a outline. So im adding.I just really started so nothing big.
You haven't seen the best of me because I KEEP GETTING BETTER

Yellowie100
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Yellowie100 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:33 pm

I'm making a book called "Ashila: She-Wolf of Sorrow Forest." It's Book One of my series. ^_^
It happens when Ashila, a young pup is awakened by her mother, who says that Western Wolves are here to take over the land they live on.
Western Wolves are very aggressive and violent and wolves who come from the western part of Sorrow Forest. Their plan is to take over the entire forest and extinguish every pack.

That's all I'll say. >:D
SHEEP<3