The Wheel of Time Series

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.

Do you like the series?

Love it!
25%
It's ok.
No votes
Hate it!
No votes
I've never read it...
75%
I will read it!
No votes

Total votes: 4

Meadow
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

The Wheel of Time Series

Post by Meadow » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:13 am

The Wheel of Time series is, in my opinion, an amazing epic. It's by Robert Jordan, who regretfully passed away before he could finish the last book :cry:. The series is for anyone who has lots of spare time on their hands, being 11 - soon to be 12 - books long. It's a bit like Lord of the Rings with the setting, but as it goes on, it's a different plot entirely and is a great example of medieval fantasy.

It's starts off with three young men and a young woman who set out from their village, pursued by all manner of dark creatures like twisted Trollocs, accompanied with an Aes Sedai, a female who can wield the One Power (magic *ooooh* xD). And yeahhh... Can't reveal too much. :mrgreen:
But the best part is: It has wolves in it! Yep! One of the main characters can speak to wolves, and his eyes turn yellow like a wolf's. Lots of magic, action, and sneaky plots! Highly recommended!

To look into a wolf's eyes is to gaze into your soul...

But why you'd stare at a wolf is beyond anyone's guess.

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Re: The Wheel of Time Series

Post by pawnee » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:36 pm

I there an evil dude with an albino wolf in it? theres some fanasty book out there in which the characters can talk to their animal companion and of course, two brothers both have wolves. one is evil and has an albino wolf.
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:19 pm

I think I may have heard it mentioned at one poit in time...

for a minute I confused this with the death gate cycle xD
icon by Rottenrobbie

Meadow
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Meadow » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:21 pm

pawnee wrote:I there an evil dude with an albino wolf in it? theres some fanasty book out there in which the characters can talk to their animal companion and of course, two brothers both have wolves. one is evil and has an albino wolf.
That sounds interesting, but there is no albino wolf in this series. Or at least, I haven't read about it. I'm up to book 7 :mrgreen:.

To look into a wolf's eyes is to gaze into your soul...

But why you'd stare at a wolf is beyond anyone's guess.