Zoo wolf attack on toddler caught on camera

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
La Striata
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Zoo wolf attack on toddler caught on camera

Post by La Striata » Mon May 19, 2014 1:45 am

TheImmortalWolf wrote:the reason of the attack is also important i mean wolfs just dont attack for no reason
Indeed. In this case, the reason was because the girl was small and weak. This is consistent with the wolf's classical predatory behaviour. People have got to accept that among the reasons a wolf will attack is that it simply views a person as prey. Not all non-rabid attacks are defensive. The fact that the wolf was actually holding on to the girl and attempting to carry her away shows this was not a threat response.

Anyway, I hope this zoo gets called out, and that other zoos learn from this experience. I find it tragic that they hadn't already done so with the death of the zoo keeper in Sweden.
I cannot see that wolves are in any way nobler in character than hyenas- Frederick Selous

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Mon May 19, 2014 12:49 pm

• Crazy how quick things can escalate with wild animals. Walking it around the zoo like it was a domestic dog!

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:23 pm

TheImmortalWolf wrote:the zoo keepers think the wolfs are tame or something no you idiots there wild

I suggest you shouldn't openly insult the zoo keepers. It is a grave misunderstanding, and calling names only makes it worse. Some wolves seem to act tame, and keepers who spent a lot of time with/near them and have gotten sentimental over sensible, thinking them harmless. That doesn't justify it though. I believe Ambassador Wolves aren't a bad thing, but they need to be well controlled and you shouldn't have anyone, especially children, touching a wild animal. Cant Ambassador Wolves travel in a portable enclosure or something? Something that is humane and not a cramped cage. So the children can see the wolf, and maybe even see the wolf's behavior without having to interact with them by touch? Just my thoughts.

-Dusk
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven