Footage of wolf attack on keeper

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Footage of wolf attack on keeper

Post by Koa » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:51 am

20 yr. old footage of a wolf attacking its keeper has been released. [Not graphic]
Video:
It shows a group of military dog handlers interacting with the wolves inside their enclosure at the Kolmården Zoo, near Norrköping in central Sweden, in 1996 as part of a study visit . . . The female zookeeper steps in to interrupt what still appears to be mostly playful behaviour – when suddenly the wolf attacks.
Full article: http://www.thelocal.se/20160309/watch-t ... its-keeper

twinlinskis
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: mary

Re: Footage of wolf attack on keeper

Post by twinlinskis » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:13 pm

i think she handled the situation quite well, considering the circumstances. i'm also really surprised that the wolf wasn't more... i guess erratic is the word i'm looking for? he could have easily gotten the best of her should he maintained extreme aggression, so i'm guessing his reaction was subdued because he saw her as his superior??? since the article states:
Normally, the wolves will fold because they see the keeper as dominant.

alsoooo i kinda snorted to myself when she followed him and the wolf slinked away like a kicked puppy-- no pun intended. and when he followed her as she was walking away and she turned around as quickly as she did, he jumped back a bit. a bit of dry humor for me after witnessing something that could have ended very badly.
............ ............
Tʜ ɴɪɢʜ ɪs ʟɴɢ
Aɴ ʜ ʜ ɪs ʀ.
L ʜ sʏ
Fʀ ɴ ʏ sɴ
Tʜ ɴ ɪʟʟ .
............ ............
sig © twinlinskis

La Striata
Yearling
Yearling

Post by La Striata » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:01 pm

Kolmården Zoo? Now why does that sound familiar... Oh wait:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... r-zoo.html
I cannot see that wolves are in any way nobler in character than hyenas- Frederick Selous

Legendary-Taco
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Legendary-Taco » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:26 pm

this is a very captivating video imo, thank you so much for sharing! the actions of the wolf are fascinating and i think it shows quite well the interesting social tendencies of wolves. seeing the reaction of the keeper, as well, was interesting. as previously mentioned, she seemed to handle the situation well - without a doubt, i couldn't possibly be as collected during such a thing.
___________╔══════════╗

_________im pretty meme savvy...
______ Ask me anything chump xox
________(avatar by me boyo xox~)

___________╚══════════╝