A Wolf Dying Of Hypothermia Is Rescued & Rehabilitated [vid]

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Re: A Wolf Dying Of Hypothermia Is Rescued & Rehabilitated [

Post by duskypack » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:57 am

Awesome video! The text slides are already translated, just hit the CC button for subtitles and it has every slide in English. What a heartwarming story of kind people! Also, the wolf is kind of adorable ^p^ I wonder how that one woman felt, giving mouth to mouth to a wolf. Did it say why he didn't try to defend himself?
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:06 am

Wow, this is really amazing!

I'm honestly just struck by how calm he seemed through all this-- of course he was exhausted and weak from his experiences, but at least in the video he didn't even seem like he was trying to run away. That amazes me, given that wolves are for the most part afraid of humans. It kind of makes you wonder what was going through his mind- it almost seems like he knew they were trying to help, especially during that scene when they were feeding him eggs from a bowl. He was strong enough and aware enough to eat, but he wasn't trying to get away at all... which seriously, that just amazes me. Now I'm not saying wild wolves are friendly or anything like that-- I wouldn't try and pet one if I had the chance lol, except for a controlled situation with an animal ambassador or something like that-- but you know, these guys are smart... I just really wish we could know what animals are thinking sometimes. It would be really interesting to see their thought process.

But man, I'm glad to see him up on his feet again toward the end of the video! Hopefully he continues to recover and can be successfully released again.

I can't even imagine doing rescue breathing on a wolf though... what a wild experience! o.o
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:20 am

Such an amazing video! I'm glad the animal has fully recovered. It must've been a breathtaking experience for the individuals who helped him recover.
I ran out of snarky remarks, unfortunately.