Wolves in fictional books, movies

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Eclipse
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Location: Probably Playing Wajas Now.....Don't Kill Me!!!! O.O

Re: Wolves in fictional books, movies

Post by Eclipse » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:54 am

Wow I have a BN near my house and the Sight is only 5 bucks. Umm wired, anyway the sight is about this she wolf who has the power of well sight. I really haven't read it in a lond time so I'm going to try and find what it's about on my library and post it next.
White As The Snow That Is First To Fall, Eye's As Blue As The Great West Sea, Heart As One With The Falling Moon.

).........(\_
((.... _/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (. ;._ \\
WolfQuest! Where you come to make friends that turn into family ^^

Eclipse
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Eclipse » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:59 am

Ok, here it is this is what The Sight is about....

In the shadow of an abandoned castle, a wolf pack seeks shelter. The she-wolf is about to give birth, and her pups could not survive exposure to the bitter Transylvanian winter. But something more threatening than snow and wind stalks the pack -- a lone wolf, Morgra, possessed of a mysterious and terrifying power known as the Sight. And with her travels a raven, a bird that feeds on the dead. Morgra's arts show her that one of the pups born beneath the castle holds a key to power even stronger than her own -- power that could give her control of this world and the next. Her soul, eaten up by the memory of an old crime, longs for this ultimate dominion. But the pack she hunts is brave and loving. They will do anything to protect their own, even if it means setting in motion a battle that will involve all of nature, including the creature wolves fear the most -- Man. David Clement-Davies' debut novel, Fire Bringer, was hailed as "a masterpiece of animal fantasy" (Booklist) and "a hurtling ride" (Kirkus Reviews). In The Sight, he explores the landscape of our fairy tales and nightmares in the company of animals whose capacities for loyalty and savagery mirror our own
White As The Snow That Is First To Fall, Eye's As Blue As The Great West Sea, Heart As One With The Falling Moon.

).........(\_
((.... _/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (. ;._ \\

Miharu
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Miharu » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:12 am

Oooo, it was written by the same person that wrote Firebringer?! Wow, then I gotta read it. 8D
Pelt Like The Coat Of A New Born Bear, Eyes That Hold A Mystery Within, Heart That Sings For A New Day To Begin

).........(\_
((.... _/{
"-; <--- :3
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (. ;._ \\

Kaheaniehal
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Kaheaniehal » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:25 pm

Monoke is a good movie.. but really that film maker in general is a BRILLIANT man.
He's done Kiki's Delivery Service, Howls Moving Castle, Pom Poko(never saw sadly), and many others that I SHOULD be able to name but can't. ;_;
I support the Alliance

~ My heart is your heart ~

http://kaheaniehal.deviantart.com/

wind
Pup
Pup

Post by wind » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:32 pm

haha eclipse that sounds awesome.
Their pawprints lead you along the trails of discovery and insight.
To look in their eyes, forever imprints your heart.
To hear their howls, forever marks your soul.
To connect with them, forever bonds your spirits.

www1.freewebs.com/midnightswind

Eclipse
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Eclipse » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:56 pm

Ya, The Sight is a pretty good book, but I can't find the book The Fall, so hows that?

).........(\_
((.... _/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (. ;._ \\

Kitsunami
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Kitsunami » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:59 pm

The fell is a good book.

The sight i remember reading awhile ago but it must be good :)

Eclipse
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Eclipse » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:45 pm

I still can't find the Fall! Maybe they didn't make it in the US or do you have to order it off a website to get it? Because I went to BN and they didn't have it.

).........(\_
((.... _/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (. ;._ \\

Ninebirds
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Ninebirds » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:28 pm

Eclipse, if you're talking about the sequel book to The Sight, it's called Fell.. not The Fall. ;) And as far as I know, it's a somewhat recent release, so probably only available in hardcover at the moment. It's available on Amazon.com though, if you're allowed to order online. Or you can call your local BN and ask when they'll have it in stock. :)
~ For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Eclipse
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Eclipse » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:10 pm

Lol Sorry I meant Fell, but I probably was typing to fast again and missed it. Sorry lol.

).........(\_
((.... _/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (. ;._ \\

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:20 pm

Kaheaniehal wrote:Monoke is a good movie.. but really that film maker in general is a BRILLIANT man.
He's done Kiki's Delivery Service, Howls Moving Castle, Pom Poko(never saw sadly), and many others that I SHOULD be able to name but can't. ;_;
Princess is my all-time favorite movie! :mrgreen: anyway, other movies Miyazaki made are:spirited away, Nodoka of the valley of the wind, castle in the sky and I think he also made My Neighbor Totoro.

To be on topic, what were all those books about? I've never heard of any of them(except for white fang, ive read that one) I would lke to know if I should buy any of those books. I read pretty much any book that positively portrays wolves as characters, but I only buy the good ones. :D
icon by Rottenrobbie

Redwolf
Pup
Pup
Location: One in a full moon, I shall come forth from the depths of hell with the desire to kill.

The Chronicles of Anicient Darkness

Post by Redwolf » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:24 pm

Anyone ever read "The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness" By Michelle Paver?

It is a series of books which I hope will become movies.

The 1st book is called "Wolf Brother" Which tells of a boy named Torak (My wolf name) Having to go find the Mountain of the world spirit to kill a Demon Bear that killed his father, his only Guide to the mountain is a Trust Wolf cub named Wolf and a Raven Clan Girl named Renn, what makes the book so special is that Torak can talk to wolf.

The 2nd Book is called "Spirit Walker" Which sees Torak going across the sea to cure a sickness that has spread over the forest, Without Wolf to help him out, he seeks help from three Seal Clan Kids named Bale, Detlan & Aself. As Torak is across the sea, Renn meets up with Wolf, who escapes the wraith of the Thunderer, To find "Tall Tailless" (Torak, Because some Chapers are Viewed though Wolf's Eyes)

The 3rd Book is called "Soul Eater" Which sees Torak Heading to the far north with Renn to find Wolf who has been Captured by some outsider people, Torak and Renn have to master the icy regions of the north and live the way of the Ice Clans (Artic Foxes, Narwals etc...), While wolf strives to survive the 'Badness" which occured when wolf had his Tail 'Biten' (Stamped on) By a Soul Eater, The Soul Eaters are a group of Mages who turned evil and ignore clan laws to control the clans.

The 4th book is called "Outcast" Which shows Torak Being Outcast from the clans after having the mark of the Soul Eater
(A three-pronged fork for snarling souls) put on him in the far north, while in the forest as an outcast, Torak is on the run from everyone because being an outcast means that once someone sees you, they must kill you. While in the forest, Torak falls ill to the 'Soul-Sickness' Which makes him forget everthing, he is scared of wolf, the trees, the clans, Everything...

The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness is a must read for all wolf fans, and it also teaches you alot about the way wolves think, that they don't just talk with their barks, whines and howls, but with their WHOLE BODY, A few tricks I learnt in the books were:

Wolves in the winter howl with their Muzzles in the snow so the prey think they're far away.
The way to greet Each other it to lick each other's Muzzle.
Wolf's Grow and are ready to have young by the age of 24 moons (About 18 months) & That a bond between the pack is so fierce because most of the time the pack are family.

The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness books are about $13 (£7) Each and is a real enjoyable read.

Post any questions or comments here (No flaming please)

WQ Project Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Re: The Chronicles of Anicient Darkness

Post by WQ Project Coordinator » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:27 pm

I actually read the first book in that series. It was interesting and it did hold my attention.

Eclipse
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Eclipse » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:09 pm

I love those books! I can't wait for the new one to come out. :mrgreen:

).........(\_
((.... _/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (. ;._ \\

Redwolf
Pup
Pup
Location: One in a full moon, I shall come forth from the depths of hell with the desire to kill.

Post by Redwolf » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:57 am

Actually, the new one IS out, Outcast, the 5th isn't out until September '08 and 6th in September '09. The wait is long ... :(

Return to “Wolf Multimedia”