Wolves in fictional books, movies

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Redwolf
Pup
Pup
Location: One in a full moon, I shall come forth from the depths of hell with the desire to kill.

Re: The Chronicles of Anicient Darkness

Post by Redwolf » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:16 pm

Lol, I drew a picture of here, Want to see?

http://www.ancientdarkness.info/wbchara-renn.htm

Eclipse
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Location: Probably Playing Wajas Now.....Don't Kill Me!!!! O.O

Post by Eclipse » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:20 pm

Cool! But does she have red hair? I thought here hair was dark brown or black. Lol maybe I didn't read it right.
White As The Snow That Is First To Fall, Eye's As Blue As The Great West Sea, Heart As One With The Falling Moon.

).........(\_
((.... _/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (. ;._ \\
WolfQuest! Where you come to make friends that turn into family ^^

Redwolf
Pup
Pup
Location: One in a full moon, I shall come forth from the depths of hell with the desire to kill.

Post by Redwolf » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:22 pm

Lol, Her, Nord (Renn's Brother) and Fin-Kedinn all have red Hair

Eclipse
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Eclipse » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:28 pm

Ummm I thought they had black hair. Lol I learned something to day, read better lol. But thats cool, how old is she suppose to be anyway? I thought she and Torak were 15 right?
White As The Snow That Is First To Fall, Eye's As Blue As The Great West Sea, Heart As One With The Falling Moon.

).........(\_
((.... _/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (. ;._ \\

Redwolf
Pup
Pup

Post by Redwolf » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:32 pm

Eclipse wrote:Ummm I thought they had black hair. Lol I learned something to day, read better lol. But thats cool, how old is she suppose to be anyway? I thought she and Torak were 15 right?
When Torak's Fa Died, He and Renn were 12 (Wolf Brother) But They're both 14 summers now

Eclipse
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Eclipse » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:33 pm

Ummm cool, I hope Wolf doesn't die in the books to come, that would be sad. :(

).........(\_
((.... _/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (. ;._ \\

Redwolf
Pup
Pup

Post by Redwolf » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:34 pm

Eclipse wrote:Ummm cool, I hope Wolf doesn't die in the books to come, that would be sad. :(
I don't think he will until like, Torak's 26 summers, Wolfe'slive for up to 14 years old

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:29 pm

I only have the first book, ill have to get the others later.
icon by Rottenrobbie

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Wolves in fictional books, movies

Post by Blindseer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:31 pm

I just got The Sight and Fell yesterday, i found them in the teen section at Books a Million. they had an entire row with only Fell on it :shock: maybe I should make a topic to discuss these books.
icon by Rottenrobbie

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

The Sight and Fell

Post by Blindseer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:38 pm

I got The Sight and Fell yesterday, and I didnt see a topic for discussing them, so I made this one :mrgreen: ok and if you put something important from the books please put that there are spoilers, I want to find out what happens for myself :D anyways, The Sight has been a pretty good book so far, and both of the books have wolves as the only main characters(I think) The books are by David-Clement Davies, and Fell just came out this month i think.
icon by Rottenrobbie

Eclipse
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Re: Wolves in fictional books, movies

Post by Eclipse » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm

I'm going to buy Fell off BN.com, it's cheaper then buying it at a store.

).........(\_
((.... _/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (. ;._ \\

Eclipse
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Re: The Sight and Fell

Post by Eclipse » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:53 pm

I've read The Sight and The Fire Bringer, but not the Fell yet. I'm planing on buying it later though.

).........(\_
((.... _/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (. ;._ \\

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:05 pm

(possible spoilers!!!)

I LOVE The Sight. Its probably one of my favourite books. I found many of the themes and characters were well woven into the story so nothing stuck out like a sore thumb or anything. The plot was intense and complex, it had a gothic element to it and there was lots of action. I mean, first you have the Balkar trying to kill the wolves, then the people running after them. Then Larka can use her physic powers to see into the world of the dead, and how the searchers kill the rebel wolves! its awesome. I liked how too that the author could use the whole messiah image not only as a she-wolf but do that and not take a shove-down-your-throat-stance-about-religion approach.

My favouriote characters are Morgra (best evil female charcter I`ve even seen in a book), Kar, and fell. I also couldn`t help feel sorry for huttser and palla as they remind me so much of my parents. I liked larka, and she was strong heroine but at the same time all protagonists in almost every book (Lord of the rings, Harry potter, narnia etc) have this complaining pessmesstic outlook on life. but then it just makes the audience like the "best friend" character more.

I just got Fell, it seems really good so far and I`m reading the part of Alina. (does anyone know who the author means at the dedication? Hen, Honour and patrick? I get pat but Hen and Honour seem rather odd for names...???)
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

Eclipse
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Eclipse » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:23 pm

pawnee wrote:I just got Fell, it seems really good so far and I`m reading the part of Alina. (does anyone know who the author means at the dedication? Hen, Honour and patrick? I get pat but Hen and Honour seem rather odd for names...???)
Lol Patrick funny name :mrgreen:

).........(\_
((.... _/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (. ;._ \\

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:49 am

could be worse, it could be kitty, muffin and shaniquwa. joking!
ya, I found some of the names rather odd, even for unusual slavic names. Ones like Huttser, Palla, Larka and Bran can be considerd "norma" but Muldok and such seem kinda misplaced. oh well!
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

Return to “Wolf Multimedia”