Undine Falls Pack: Reconnecting with Old Friends!

Make or join a pack in Pack Central. Please read the Pack Central FAQ before posting.

Moderator: Koa

Forum rules
Please read the Pack Central FAQ before posting.
Rikkuzilla
Name: Rikku

Re: Undine Falls Pack: Anniversary Reunion in the Works!

Post by Rikkuzilla » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:28 am

We'll just start a new Skype group then closer to time to set up the event. :) If anyone has any old art or anything they want to share, send it my way. I'll try to upload to a shared album. May be we can plan some MP games too for that weekend. So many of us have moved away from WQ, might be fun to try out the new game and fail miserably at it. Some of my best memories of it was running off with Nature or Moon and I kept running into trees. XD
:pawprint: WolfQuest: Undine Falls Pack Discord :pawprint:
**You must know a current member that uses the server to join.**

Moonikinz
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Moonikinz » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:29 am

i may have some art on my older laptop i'll see if i can get it up and running, so i can look through the files, heh gonna be interesting having the old gang back together again lots of good memories from this place.
Former Founder of Undine Falls Pack/Pack mascot
Former WQ moderator.

Rikkuzilla

Post by Rikkuzilla » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:54 pm

I don't think I have ALL of the doodlechat images. I'm still trying to search my backups for that. Oh yes and screenshots of pack games...if any of you still have some of those lying around -- that would be awesome. Gather them up, put them somewhere safe and you can either email them to me or we can upload them to the cloud somewhere. Plus, it would be very fun to see how much the game has changed from when it first was released and we started the pack...playing the game. Some of the glitch stuff was always so amusing...like people floating in the air, messing around at the cliff...and how we littered the ground with elk carcasses.

Arciz
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Arciz » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:39 am

As I said on Facebook, I'm so up for this, especially if it's around February :) and I'm sure I could dig up some old drawings too, if I could bear to look at them again, ha! Hope everyone's been doing well, sorry that I'm so terrible at keeping in touch... D:

-Willow :)

Twilight12343
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Twilight12343 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:41 am

So first of all, this is my first post on this site since 2011-ish and this is just really, really weird.

Secondly, I'm a little behind on what's going on but I assume I'll learn as I go in the Facebook conversation. ^^ All this is bringing back strong nostalgia and I'm just enjoying that for now.

Edit; 2009* not 2011. It's been even longer than I thought!

UFSoil
Pup
Pup
Name: Supi, Supicoon

Post by UFSoil » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:04 pm

I'm not aware of any official Skype group existing anymore, but even if there were, I don't think having an "UF-alumni" one would hurt anyways. There is one where a few of us [former members] still are, but there are non-UF peeps as well there, so making a new one is IMO the way to go.

Jeez, I just read through some of the earlier pages of this thread and am totally getting all of the flashbacks and memories flooding right back in now... You guys rock! <3
Awesome avatar by Arciz!
I used to be PLC of Undine Falls and Rose Creek. Good times!

You can find me around the internet as "Supicoon" these days.

Kodex

Post by Kodex » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:10 am

Yo, got the e-mail a couple of days ago and I'm totally up for this.
Anduril wrote:rabb.it looks neat, but it is not something I have ever used before, and it seems to be limited to 15 people up at a time (although that might not be that much of a problem).
I've used rabb.it quite a few times before, it's pretty good for watching movies and the like.
[DATA] former Report Team member.
[INTERFACE] blog // Steam // deviantArt // Flight Rising

Rikkuzilla

Post by Rikkuzilla » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:10 am

Yay for Howleen!

I think we are pretty comfortable on just using Skype, since so many of us are already using it. :) Many apps are now accessible, but Skype is usually right there in your face, no matter what platform you use mobile or for computer. I just need to learn how to use it again. I couldn't find my friends list...and Silver had to explain it to me.

Couple things we are trying to arrange-

I know we have many different Undine Falls "generations". We have people who have been loyal to the pack since 2008 and many who have come and gone for whatever reasons. Please note, that YES, any former Undine Falls members are welcome to come to the reunion, if they would like to. I have slacked off sending emails on here, because there are a lot of username changes and I'm not sure who is who anymore, UNLESS they notated it in their profile. :P I'll have better luck if you remind me what your former username was and your wolf name. But again, please let others know that used to be in the pack at some point, they are welcome to come to the reunion. I'll still try to send out emails....just kind of going through this thread to contact people.

Skype Chat and WQ Game Days
Which of the following weekends would be best (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)? I would like to offer the reunion for TWO weekends in February.

• February 5th, 6th, and 7th
• February 12th, 13th, and 14th
• February 18th, 19th, and 20th
• February 25th, 26th, and 27th

Because of our timezone-differences, work, social lives, etc. -- we will do the reunion as an all weekend event, so people can hop in at any time. I will TRY to still arrange a specific couple chat times and game times. I plan to make a new Undine Falls group conversation soon, to start adding people. Some of the reunion is sort of starting now!

The Game
It's been a long time for many of us. Most of us abandoned the game after the chat lexicon came out. Well, I highly recommend that you check out the new game! A few of us just purchased WolfQuest 2.7 -- and it has a LOT of amazing improvements! Sure, I'm still running into trees...but I keep forgetting I'm not paying Fallout 4. There is a Friends List in game and a way to add members to the pack. I created an Undine Falls pack on there and have started to add people. If there is a member limit, we will have to have another Undine Falls in-game pack made. Additionally, if you purchased the new game, there is a field on the forums here, where you can add your 2.7 username -- IF you want to share that on the forums. Our old accounts will not work/link to the new game, so you will need to come up with an 2.7 alias, which can be created in the game.

So, if you are able to spare $10, please check it out! Eduweb has worked very hard and it would be great to help support all the great improvements to a game that we have to remember, brought us all together. :)

WolfQuest on Steam?
And if you aren't QUITE ready to get it through itch.io, but are a Steam junkie, like myself -- Dave just announced that WolfQuest is on Steam Greenlight. Please vote if you use Steam and would like to see the game on Steam in the future!
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=77950

I am hoping to get online sometime today to play some of the game, after adulting (chores, errands, etc) so I'll love to have some company. Also, I feel kind of plain-Jane....they have so many cute customization options in the game, but I just HAD to keep Rikku, my wolf, classic old-school. No max stats glitch anymore...poo!

Moonikinz
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Moonikinz » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:48 am

Also, I feel kind of plain-Jane....they have so many cute customization options in the game, but I just HAD to keep Rikku, my wolf, classic old-school. No max stats glitch anymore...poo!
haha don''t feel bad about that i kept Moon the same as well can't be the classics i say, i played the game a bit yesterday just looking some of the old silly bugs that used to be in it but couldn't find any, like at all not even any new bugs. The team did a great job cleaning up the game i'll miss some of he bugs though, added a bit of silliness to it imo
Former WQ moderator.

Midnight Snow
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Midnight Snow » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:54 pm

I'm currently active on Telegram and IRC and existing on Skype, so count me in on this stuff. I have no idea which weekends will work the best for me though, so consider my vote blank. I don't see why we don't just get a group chat started instead of waiting for a set date though.

Oh, and…
Rikkuzilla wrote:The Game
It's been a long time for many of us.

A long time? It's been years since last time I lost, Rikku! Bah.
But hey, I think I remembered my font colour!

–Midnight Snow
     You're not paranoid. You know you aren't. At least you weren't, until they started coming after you.

Moonikinz
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Moonikinz » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:24 pm

i don't think they would be anything wrong with setting up the group chat now just for everyone to catch up it has been quite some time since we have all been together. And i do miss alot of you guys would like to see what everyone has been up too.
Former WQ moderator.

Rikkuzilla

Post by Rikkuzilla » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:53 am

I'll try to set up the Skype chat conversation when I get off work this afternoon. If you want to participate in the Skype chat, please PM me your Skype username or email.

Additionally, I will be 'gifting' a few WQ 2.7 keys CLOSER to February -- but this is only for former members that don't have the funds for the game and WANT to participate. I'm not sure how many keys I'll be doing...depends on my budget for that month (dogs get all their annual vetting that month...LOL). So, I'll make a more official announcement and have a specific number more likely in January.

I wanted to get online yesterday but my internet was wishy-washy all day and then we had an eye issue with my dog. I'm hoping to get back on in the afternoon/evening EST today -- can't wait to run into more trees, but with old friends!

Edit: Has anyone heard from Paisley? I sent her an email -- and was thinking of editing the 'first post' like the old days with the current information, but I certainly don't want to step on her toes and edit HER topic. She took over when I had to resign/disband as DA BOSS.

Skor
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Post by Skor » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:19 pm

OH HEY so I'm an idiot and I didn't realize 'Star' was referring to me, oops.
MMmmm that font color brings back memories.

Uhh I don't have any vote for specific weekends, because I honestly don't have my life planned that far in advance. I'll definitely manage, no matter what we pick, so I'd rather make sure it's easiest for you busy adults. ;^)

Since we're going for February, I'll try to get the new WQ... I'd love to support the game, anddd playing around with you guys on the new game is definitely a good incentive! Maybe it'll be a 10$ Christmas gift to myself.

SPEAKING OF PAIS I actually had her on Skype, but we lost touch years ago and I haven't heard of her since? I'll dig and see.. I hope someone can scare her up though, and that she's game for it. I'd love sayin' hey, at least. I doubt she'd mind an update to the first post, though.

I shall see you all on Skype OvO
grownup teenage troublemaker

Rikkuzilla

Post by Rikkuzilla » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:30 pm

Well, I hope Paisley will join us too! I've sent an email to Aurora (Aurora Storm) and Redsky sent me a message to say she wanted to participate too! :)

I tried to message Darkness too. I might actually still have him on Skype...but he might have poofed from there too.

Edit: Skype Undine Falls Pack Chat is up. You may share the link with other past members. Former members who use Skype may message me for the Skype link.

UFSoil
Pup
Pup
Name: Supi, Supicoon

Post by UFSoil » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:59 pm

Rikkuzilla wrote:[...]
Edit: Skype Undine Falls Pack Chat is up. [...]
Good stuff, hoping to see everyone there! ^^
Awesome avatar by Arciz!
I used to be PLC of Undine Falls and Rose Creek. Good times!

You can find me around the internet as "Supicoon" these days.