Page 5 of 6

Re: Rules for Pack Central

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:11 am
by Ghosten
Kirave wrote:
Ghosten wrote:Hello! I'm kind of new around here, so I apologize if the question I'm about to ask has already been mentioned. Is there any particular reason why other canines or fantasy content isn't allowed in roleplays? Also, since fantasy content is prohibited, does that mean that if your roleplay has a few unrealistic features then it isn't allowed? Thank you for any answers. :>
Other canines are not allowed because WolfQuest is a site and game about wolves and not canines in general, and fantasy content is not allowed because we do generally like to maintain some level of realism, and packs with fantasy content don't really go along with that. Unrealistic features in general are not disallowed, only fantasy features such as powers or wings. Realism is allowed, semi-realism is allowed, fantasy is not. So if it's just a few unrealistic features like unrealistic colors, patterns, hierarchies, settings, etc., that wouldn't fall under the category of "fantasy", then that isn't a problem.
Okay, that makes sense! Thank you for your response. I have another question; say that a pack has up to 20 members, and as there are only a maximum of 8 people on a server at once, would it be permissible to make a new post on the pack's thread saying when the server is open? Also, would it be okay to rotate through the members so that everyone has ample opportunity to be a part of the pack and roleplay? For instance, say one day for an hour User A can roleplay, and then the next hour User B... or something like that? I'm not really sure how that would work, but it's just a thought!

Re: Rules for Pack Central

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:42 am
by Koa
1. I don't see why not-- just don't double-post. You can always copy your post, delete it, and repost it. Some packs are multiplayer-oriented.

2. I'm not sure what you're asking. How you roleplay is up to you, but you cannot roleplay on your pack thread.

Re: Rules for Pack Central

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:51 pm
by Ghosten
Koa wrote:1. I don't see why not-- just don't double-post. You can always copy your post, delete it, and repost it. Some packs are multiplayer-oriented.

2. I'm not sure what you're asking. How you roleplay is up to you, but you cannot roleplay on your pack thread.
Thank you for your response! It has helped me out a lot.

Re: Rules for Pack Central

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:32 pm
by Swans Feathger
what is a maned wolf?

Re: Rules for Pack Central

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:37 pm
by valkea
Swans Feathger wrote:what is a maned wolf?
A maned wolf is a canid species that, despite its name, is not actually a wolf. It is mentioned here in the rules because they have been mistaken for actual wolves on this site, even though they are not... and also it's a personal pet peeve of mine, heh. They're a pretty unique species, their Wikipedia article is a really nice place to start learning about them.
The maned wolf is not closely related to any other living canid. It is not a fox, wolf, coyote, dog, or jackal, but a distinct canid. Although based only on morphological similarities, it previously had been placed in Canis and Vulpes genera.[3] Its closest living relative is the bush dog (genus Speothos) and it has a more distant relationship to other South American canines (the short-eared dog, the crab-eating fox, and the 'false foxes' or Pseudalopex).[22]

Re: Rules for Pack Central

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:42 pm
by Swans Feathger
ok. thank you for the information.

Re: Rules for Pack Central

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:50 am
by ShadowOkamiMT
I feel this is a bit much limiting your members of what they can make their pack be like, in other words I realize this is suppose to be an educational program and game, but honestly why do you guys make rules for what kind of pack players can make? It seems kind of silly and I think these should not be your official rules, player's should be allowed to make their pack how ever they like as long as they abide by your overall rules for multiplayer and basic forum rules, like not being inappropriate. But not allowing players to make ranked packs, have their wolves imagined how they wish, and so on is quite controlling and a little silly. Just to be clear this is not "arguing" it is feedback and what I think you should change. Thank you.

Re: Rules for Pack Central

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:14 am
by Koa
ShadowOkamiMT wrote:I feel this is a bit much limiting your members of what they can make their pack be like, in other words I realize this is suppose to be an educational program and game, but honestly why do you guys make rules for what kind of pack players can make? It seems kind of silly and I think these should not be your official rules, player's should be allowed to make their pack how ever they like as long as they abide by your overall rules for multiplayer and basic forum rules, like not being inappropriate. But not allowing players to make ranked packs, have their wolves imagined how they wish, and so on is quite controlling and a little silly. Just to be clear this is not "arguing" it is feedback and what I think you should change. Thank you.
It seems you misunderstand the leniency of this forum and its rules. Ranked packs are allowed and compose the virtually majority of this board. Unnatural coat/eye colors, etc. are also allowed. I suppose you'd only have a problem with the rules if you wanted to make a pack of non-wolves or fantastical elements. Because the sole, specific complaint you listed is allowed, I admit I do not understand the point of your feedback otherwise.

Re: Rules for Pack Central

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:03 pm
by Black Burn
If one made a pack, would they be able to talk about the WQ game and pack events on their pack topic in Pack Central? Or are the comments just for joining the pack.

Re: Rules for Pack Central

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:58 pm
by Koa
Black Burn wrote:If one made a pack, would they be able to talk about the WQ game and pack events on their pack topic in Pack Central? Or are the comments just for joining the pack.
All of the above as long as it's relevant to overall pack discourse.

Re: Rules for Pack Central

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:32 pm
by Black Burn
Koa wrote:
Black Burn wrote:If one made a pack, would they be able to talk about the WQ game and pack events on their pack topic in Pack Central? Or are the comments just for joining the pack.
All of the above as long as it's relevant to overall pack discourse.
Thank you! This helped a lot!

Re: Rules for Pack Central

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:59 am
by TimberRaven
Ooooops, I made a pack THEN I saw the rules. :lol: No rule-breaking though, I made up some of the ranks! XD

Re: Rules for Pack Central

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:14 pm
by Sunshine2302
Hi, I'm looking to join a pack I was told this is where to go to join one? :wolf:

Re: Rules for Pack Central

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:19 pm
by Noella
Hello, Sunshine2302, you can view the Advertisements thread for packs as well as look through the pack threads in this forum to choose an active pack of your liking.

Re: Rules for Pack Central

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:25 pm
by DuskMane
How do I get a BB code???