question

Post wolf-related questions and we'll try our best to find the answers.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Keekay
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

question

Post by Keekay » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:48 pm

Is a female wolf more aggressive then a male wolf? I mean in terms of hunting/etc.
i wander over in the night, I sit down and look up to the stars. The wind stirs up and rustles my fur gently, i look up to the moon and close my eyes. I howl at the moon to fill the void in my soul~

wolfen101
Pup
Pup
Location: Saving the day with Perry The Platypus from the evil Dr.Doofenshmirtz!!!

Re: question

Post by wolfen101 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:25 pm

i dont no you should ask one of the moderators if it is important
When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry,
.........Give life a thousand reasons to smile.

....... LOVE all my besties in the world!
....... Team Jacob all the way!
....... Proud lead hunter in the leading bloods
.........'.........▬▬
Icon: white puppy
Sig: SilverHybrid

Strong
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Strong » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:05 pm

The changes in behavior patterns of wolves produced throughout the year, are directly related to the renovations that may suffer the established social order and to a large extent, with the arrival of the reproductive season (when females are more aggressive) :wink:
Leader of STT - RP Wolf Group of Live The Worldwide: Our WQ Thread!

© Avvie: By me (Strong)

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:42 pm

Strong wrote:The changes in behavior patterns of wolves produced throughout the year, are directly related to the renovations that may suffer the established social order and to a large extent, with the arrival of the reproductive season (when females are more aggressive) :wink:
Adding on to this:

It also depends if the wolves are wild or captive. Captive wolves have shown to be more aggressive to one another and develop more rigid, violent hierarchies. This is because they are kept in close quarters with one another, and cannot leave freely as in the wild, or even move far away from one another. So they become much more stressed out and thus, aggressive.

Individual wolves may act differently as well, depending on their background and experiences in life.

cloudywolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by cloudywolf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:24 pm

Some times the female can be more aggressive than the male, and some times the male more aggressive than the female.
I believe in freedom, and peace. But sometimes, you don't always get what you want. Don't believe lies, don't trust strangers who out of the blue talk to you, and beware of scams such as the 2012 lie. YOUR choices shape YOUR future.

~cloudywolf

Return to “Wolf Q&A”