Wolves and Fire

Post wolf-related questions and we'll try our best to find the answers.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Wolves and Fire

Post by Thandi » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:55 pm

If a wolf was caught in a fire, what would it do? Would it run? Or stay close to the territory?
This is for a story I'm writing so all answers are appreciated greatly! :)
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

Nikoi Gryphon

Re: Wolves and Fire

Post by Nikoi Gryphon » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:35 pm

I think they would Run, as they Would be afraid.
They Would Probably find Water too, though, or Roll in the Dirt.

^^

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:41 am

In general, wildfires do not cause many deaths/etc. as the animals can use their natural defenses (like running or flying, for instance) to escape the flames, or if it's a smaller animal, (a rabbit for instance) they may be able to take on the losses because they are able to reproduce rapidly. (A good, but old article regarding how animals live with wildfires can be seen here: http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=119700)

On the subject of wolves, I would think a wolf would run because it's life is at risk, and survival is important. The animal is in danger; it would make sense for it to run.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Koa wrote:In general, wildfires do not cause many deaths/etc. as the animals can use their natural defenses (like running or flying, for instance) to escape the flames, or if it's a smaller animal, (a rabbit for instance) they may be able to take on the losses because they are able to reproduce rapidly. (A good, but old article regarding how animals live with wildfires can be seen here: http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=119700)

On the subject of wolves, I would think a wolf would run because it's life is at risk, and survival is important. The animal is in danger; it would make sense for it to run.
Cool beans, Koa. Thanks for the help!
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:56 pm

No problem; I'll go ahead and lock this now.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

Return to “Wolf Q&A”