blind wolf eyes?

Post wolf-related questions and we'll try our best to find the answers.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Bright-Heart
Pup
Pup

blind wolf eyes?

Post by Bright-Heart » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:00 pm

can wolves born blind have blue eyes throught thier lives. since any normal, healthy grown wolves never have blue eyes, but it seems most animals with blue eyes are blind.

thank you so much! i thought it was impossible for a wolf to have blue eyes!
Last edited by Bright-Heart on Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you Illnor! You are aWsOmE!
- Yes, I am a lefty, and yes, I do LOVE quadracorns.

★☆The Pack of Silver Stars ★☆
♥♠♦♣♥♠♦♣ Poker Pack ♥♠♦♣♥♠♦♣

Kivia

Re: blind wolf eyes?

Post by Kivia » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:38 pm

Well the thing about a blind wolf is that in the wild, it pretty much has no chance of surviving. I'd have to do some more research on blind wolves so I could give you a better answer on if there are any cases of blind wolves in captivity.
A blue eyed wolf, such as one that never loses that blue eye coloration as a puppy, from what I understand is genetically possible, but the chances of that happening are pretty slim. That's why finding documentation of a wolf with blue eyes is difficult to come across, especially since many pictures out there are edited nowadays.

Shatter Glass
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Shatter Glass » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:28 pm

Well, wolves with blind eyes can survive, they get around by their sense of smell. But, they don't live as long in the wild, like Kivia posted. But they can, if they have a good sense of smell and are smart.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:33 pm

Shatter Glass wrote:Well, wolves with blind eyes can survive, they get around by their sense of smell. But, they don't live as long in the wild, like Kivia posted. But they can, if they have a good sense of smell and are smart.
Please do not repeat answers.
I believe this has been covered enough by Kivia, hence why I will be locking this. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

Return to “Wolf Q&A”