What will protect wolves from delisting?

Discuss wolf conservation and status.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Re: What will protect wolves from delisting?

Post by Songdog » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:12 am

If an animal is delisted, it means the population is stable enough. Look, the government isn't posting signs saying "EXTERIMENATES THE WOLFS!" They're not as stupid as people want to believe they are. They have ecologists out in the field researching, taking number, and conducting studies as to whether it's safe to do something or not. They're not two year olds with legal power. They don't legalize the mass-slaughtering of animals. Hunting is mandated. You may not want to like them for many of reasons, but they don't just act without having some reason to.

If you're going to argue for the wolves safety from guns, you have to argue all animals safety from guns. Then we'd have a problem. It's hypocritical to say one animal is more important than another, just because it gets more attention, or because it 'looks more majestic'.

Wolves are not going extinct. Some species are near extinction or in the red list, and these species that are are under protection. Why do so many people think that wolves are going extinct and our government is enforcing it?

Wolfie10
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Wolfie10 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:03 am

:cry: :cry: IT IS SOO CUREL, WHY ARE PEOPLE SO MEAN :cry: :cry:
“There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.” Albert Einstein

Joyce_Wolf
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Joyce_Wolf » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:24 pm

wolves are close to being extinct though! :cry: i hate elk......... i would like them to go extinct but the wolves need to eat them so yeah the people need to leave the wolves to hunt the elk and leave the elk to get hunted by the wolves. the world has gotten so bad. :cry:

Bellamy
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Bellamy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:55 pm

joyce_wolf wrote:wolves are close to being extinct though!

Wolves in general aren't going to be going extinct anytime soon, as many others have said before.
:cry: i hate elk......... i would like them to go extinct but the wolves need to eat them so yeah the people need to leave the wolves to hunt the elk and leave the elk to get hunted by the wolves. the world has gotten so bad. :cry:
What makes you hate elk so much that you want them to go extinct?! Sorry, but that just sounds so wrong.

Joyce_Wolf
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Joyce_Wolf » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:17 pm

i hate elk because on WQ they act like hotshots and they are always together in a family and im the only one in the game hunting them cause no one ever joins my pack.

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:11 pm

Whoot for Bellamy.

Wolves aren't going extinct. Some species are endangered, but the wolf, worldwide, is nowhere near global extinction. For lists of endangered species and their status, please look here:

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 335#p91335

Elk are beautiful animals, just like all animals by my opinion. From the raccoondogs of Asia, to the Markhor of the Himalayas.

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:45 pm

joyce_wolf wrote:i hate elk because on WQ they act like hotshots and they are always together in a family and im the only one in the game hunting them cause no one ever joins my pack.
thats a bad reason to hate elk, the ones in the game are pixels. if you wish them extinct, wish them extinct in the game and not in real life.

I do not think any animal should be extinct, except maybe the lovebug and mosquito which are not crucial in any way to the environment and are generally a pest to nearly everything.
icon by Rottenrobbie

Bellamy
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Bellamy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:48 pm

Blindseer wrote: I do not think any animal should be extinct, except maybe the lovebug and mosquito which are not crucial in any way to the environment and are generally a pest to nearly everything.
Those "pests" are considered prey to many other animals. No living organism "deserves" extinction, because they all have their important role/influence in the environment. Nothing in nature is useless.
Last edited by Bellamy on Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Joyce_Wolf
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Joyce_Wolf » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:48 pm

I hate mosquitos

Vida
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Vida » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:54 pm

Eco-systems are developed so that different animals, insects, birds and plants each play a crucial role. If one of them goes extinct, then the balance is disrupted (or I think anyway o.o).
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” - Mahatma Gandhi

Site for writers: http://inkassociation.proboards76.com/

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:06 pm

Mildly off topic but in response to the Lovebug problem (I dislike them but, they're apart of the ecosystem)

"While many predators, including red fire ants, don't eat them, love bugs' larvae -- and some adults -- are food for birds such as quail and robins, and also, spiders."

Their body has a toxin in it, so most things can't eat them, but some species, such as the above, have adapted to being able to digest the toxin.

Joyce_Wolf
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Joyce_Wolf » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:18 pm

we need to get back on topic.

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:34 pm

Bellamy wrote:
Blindseer wrote: I do not think any animal should be extinct, except maybe the lovebug and mosquito which are not crucial in any way to the environment and are generally a pest to nearly everything.
Those "pests" are considered prey to many other animals. No living organism "deserves" extinction, because they all have their important role/influence in the environment. Nothing in nature is useless.
prey for what? there isnt anything around here to eat them! the only "predators" are cars. people feed them, and they have become a nuissance to all, they are exteemely overpopulated, and there is no meathod of control either human or natural.
icon by Rottenrobbie

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:41 pm

The point of the matter is, we are human. We do not have the right to declare if a species deserves to be eradicated or not. Animals have adapted to survive as best as they can. Even though we may not see a purpose in them, it is still not in our place to declare an animal useless or not.

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:45 pm

but we should take some form of measure of control... these animals have not adapted at all, other than not having any fear of humans. they come right into your house to take food. and there are thousands per square mile.

I didnt say eradicate, I said those species which overpopulate and harm the environment need to be controlled in some way, including humans. and note that I did not specify killing as the meathod of control.
icon by Rottenrobbie

Return to “Wolf Conservation”