"Mexican Gray Wolf found dead in Arizona"

Discuss wolf conservation and status.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Starz10

Re: "Mexican Gray Wolf found dead in Arizona"

Post by Starz10 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Oh no! This is terrible :(. Perhaps it ate a elk/fish/hare with some sort of problem or sickness. I hope they find out what really happened though.
Starz10
▬▬▬▬

"And her eyes were as bright as a million stars, gazing at the azure skies afar"

WolfQuest Community Member Since 2012

Call me Stardust or Star

▬▬▬▬

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Starz10 wrote:Oh no! This is terrible :(. Perhaps it ate a elk/fish/hare with some sort of problem or sickness. I hope they find out what really happened though.
Not likely... if there aren't any humans in the area, no one would have then been around to poison anything, and if it was just a "sick" animal I don't see how it would effect the wolf much. There are of course diseases you have to consider/contend with and ilk.
_Denali_ wrote:
Koa wrote:
_Denali_ wrote:That's horrible! I feel so bad for that poor wolf. :cry:
It stinks, but the most we can do for Mexican gray wolves right now is stop fawning over the gray wolves in America that don't need any help whatsoever and directing our attention to these guys.
True. Although I still feel that all wolves need our help.
When you're dealing with funding and such, you need to prioritize. Gray wolves shouldn't be a priority but people make them out to be one, when in reality Mexican gray wolves in the United States should receive much more attention than they are being alloted right now.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:46 pm

But I didn't mean funding-wise, simply that all animals/wolves should be respected.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:06 pm

_Denali_ wrote:But I didn't mean funding-wise, simply that all animals/wolves should be respected.
"Help" implies some form of assistance and typically with wolves it describes conservation.

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Well, it seems like once an animal is removed from the endangered list and is finally recovering, then people start killing it again. Although Mexican Gray Wolves are even more endangered now. :(

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:14 pm

_Denali_ wrote:Well, it seems like once an animal is removed from the endangered list and is finally recovering, then people start killing it again. Although Mexican Gray Wolves are even more endangered now. :(
Not exactly. With gray wolves, when they are removed from the list, it means the population is (overdue) stable, which then in turns allows regulated/designated hunting seasons to manage the population - they aren't culled in the manner that would make them "endangered;" the gray wolf population in particular has been stable for a very long time now.

The program that sought to help conserve the Mexican gray wolves is struggling greatly. Mexican gray wolves have already had a few deaths to their small population, which then, slowly, sadly diminishes any progress the wolves had recently. I hope they'll be able to pick back up, but given how everyone focuses so much on wolves that don't need the attention, I don't see it happening.

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:19 pm

People need to focus on the most endangered wolves/animals first before it's too late.

wolf 1176
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by wolf 1176 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:54 am

that poor wolf i dont know why but i feel as if it is all my falt even thought i never saw a mexican gray wolf
I am brave
I am loyal
fast and strong
I live in the woods
ready to strike you
I am a......
WARRIOR
you have all the weapons you need now FIGHT

_Denali_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by _Denali_ » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:37 pm

wolf 1176 wrote:that poor wolf i dont know why but i feel as if it is all my falt even thought i never saw a mexican gray wolf
As humans, we feel bad because we're humans. I have to agree that it is sad, but the wolf is in a better place now. ;)
Also, people feel bad even if they didn't cause the problem ir aren't related to the problem.

Return to “Wolf Conservation”