Wildlife officials hire hunter to kill wolves

Discuss wolf conservation and status.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Re: Wildlife officials hire hunter to kill wolves

Post by alethe » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:00 pm

firedog6 wrote:Yes, they are inhuman idiots. Nature is a life-versus-death type of place. Although for no reason, those idiotic, pathetic, lifeless hunters walk in and make it an even worse place and they don't even have to.
Silver meant that the animals are imhumane idiots. And by the way, we're part of nature too.

Honestly, you sound like you're just repeating yourself. Hunters are not inhumane. In fact, they do help balance the ecosystem. If they were as bad as you suggest, we wouldn't HAVE an ecosystem because it would all get killed off by "idiotic, pathedic, lifeless hunters."

There is a balance. Most of the hunters I know respect that balance and don't over hunt. Is that bad? Even if I wouldn't hunt a creature, its their CHOICE. Its absolutly NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS if they're hunting. You might not agree, but oh well. You aren't going to change anything.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

av/sig : lupe

La Striata
Yearling
Yearling

Post by La Striata » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:29 am

firedog6 wrote:And why would you kill it!? It made you so angry that you'd want to kill it, why wouldn't it make you so angry you wanted to relocate it to Hungary? Killing won't do a thing except show that you are a heartless, cold person.
The animal involved was a black bear, right? Did you know that black bears are not native to Hungary? And do you seriously think Hungarians would allow you to put a dangerous and destructive animal on their patch? That's not solving the problem, that's making it someone else's problem.
firedog6 wrote:And I'm not pouting, just because I don't use these scientific blabber-mouth stuffs does not mean I'm ignorant.
Had me fooled there, though I find your contempt for scientific terminology somewhat disturbing.

I look forward to the rest of your rant, where hopefully you'll adress the environmental damage caused by the textile materials used in the fabrication of fake fur.
I cannot see that wolves are in any way nobler in character than hyenas- Frederick Selous

firedog6
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: At My Desk, on the Compuster, Sitting on A Chair, Obviously

Post by firedog6 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:10 am

I meant Hungary because it is so far away, from where I am. I wouldn't actually send a bear there. But how would you want it if you had a mind simple as a black bear's and you ate a lot oh honey, and for some reason a human killed you? You wouldn't understand a thing. But, oh, right, you would hate that. But black bears are "lower" than us so it doesn't matter! Riiiiight!

And I know Silver said that animals are inhuman idiots. They are, they're stupider than us, but those children with mental disorders are stupider than us. Do THEY really deserve to be killed? No. Do animals deserve to be killed? Nope. And you think they do.

And I don't care, La Striata, that you think of my view on scientific terminology is disturbing. That is the way I say it. If you don't like it, you can become a moderator and make it "perfect". Whatever that may mean.

And, River, you aren't going to change anything with me either. I have a different viewing of hunters, obviously. I think that they are inhumane, pathetic and lifeless, and that's my choice because they are keeping the law I KNOW but they are harming these specific individuals with pain and I HATE THAT and I HATE THEM. I am repeating myself, because there's nothing much more for me to say other then what I just did. That's my choice, respect it and shall respect yours. Now can we please end this stupid blabber-mouthing? Both of our choices are different, although I'm on my own side and there are multiple people here who think "humans are better than animals because we're smarter and I just love hunting as long as it follows the rules". I don't care what you think; I never remember asking any of your opinions on huntering.
SHREWITITY

La Striata
Yearling
Yearling

Post by La Striata » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:13 am

firedog6 wrote:I meant Hungary because it is so far away, from where I am. I wouldn't actually send a bear there. But how would you want it if you had a mind simple as a black bear's and you ate a lot oh honey, and for some reason a human killed you? You wouldn't understand a thing. But, oh, right, you would hate that. But black bears are "lower" than us so it doesn't matter! Riiiiight!
Somehow, I get the feeling that you wouldn't put that much thought on the feelings of rats in urban areas.
firedog6 wrote:And I don't care, La Striata, that you think of my view on scientific terminology is disturbing. That is the way I say it. If you don't like it, you can become a moderator and make it "perfect". Whatever that may mean.
So you're allowed to mouth off at people in favour of "huntering" [sic], calling them "pathetic", "inhuman" and "lifeless" (pure slander), but I can't express concern over your inability to come to terms with proper dictionary definitions and your limited vocabulary? I don't need to be a moderator to do that, though I can point out that it makes communicating with you somewhat challenging.
I cannot see that wolves are in any way nobler in character than hyenas- Frederick Selous

alethe

Post by alethe » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:23 am

firedog6 wrote:I meant Hungary because it is so far away, from where I am. I wouldn't actually send a bear there. But how would you want it if you had a mind simple as a black bear's and you ate a lot oh honey, and for some reason a human killed you? You wouldn't understand a thing. But, oh, right, you would hate that. But black bears are "lower" than us so it doesn't matter! Riiiiight!
And in my state, if someone comes on your property and takes your belongings, you have the right to shoot them. Why should a bear be any different?
firedog6 wrote: And, River, you aren't going to change anything with me either. I have a different viewing of hunters, obviously. I think that they are inhumane, pathetic and lifeless, and that's my choice because they are keeping the law I KNOW but they are harming these specific individuals with pain and I HATE THAT and I HATE THEM. I am repeating myself, because there's nothing much more for me to say other then what I just did. That's my choice, respect it and shall respect yours. Now can we please end this stupid blabber-mouthing? Both of our choices are different, although I'm on my own side and there are multiple people here who think "humans are better than animals because we're smarter and I just love hunting as long as it follows the rules". I don't care what you think; I never remember asking any of your opinions on huntering.
The only reason why I'm still here arguing with you is because your views are so one sided on the matter. Yes, there are people who hunt the forest illegally, pillaging it of animals. They're sick, and I hate them too. There are people who put tigers and lions in caged fences and shoot them and call it hunting. They're sick, and I hate them as well. There are people who hunt deer when its deer season, take their allowed amount, and don't over hunt. That's not sick, and its helping keep the population down where there aren't any predators due to the sick people who overhunted before. In a way, they're helping clean up the mess that the ones before them caused, even filling in the wolves' and other predators' jobs.

Also, wolves kill "innocent creatures" as well. Do you hate them?

firedog6
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by firedog6 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:51 pm

Yes, if a human comes on your property and takes your items you have a right to shoot them. However, bears can't tell the difference between right and wrong - so in my opinion, I don't think that the bear deserved to be hunted.

And it does not bother me that they kill the deer and take it's head - that's disgusting, but if they leave the body, as you said, then it does not really annoy me. I'm not giving deer "special treatment", but when they just kill the wolves (even if it is in reasonable numbers) for fun, sure, they're helping the population but those innocent wolves were just killed for no reason. They could have been relocated.

It is not slander, and I created huntering. I watch a TV show that stars a Hungarian actress with a small English vocabulary, even smaller than mine. Whoa. And I watch it a lot.

And I do feel the same with rats, but was I really supposed to share that??

Why are you concerned over MY horrible in-English vocabulary!? You're not my mother or father. I'm not 17 just yet; I'm not a teenager. And I don't see why my vocabulary is so baffling to you. I didn't know the meaning of murder, is it really that big of a deal? Some people never learn how to spell the simplest of words. That is what they are, they are pathetic, lifeless, and inhuman, and because you hardly ever think of them like that, I guess you think I mean something else. BUT I DON'T. Maybe it's my pouty capitalization? over-using words? I don't care. And I always come to proper dictionary definitions?! I over-use words, sure. But why do you just keep hanging onto my small mistakes and making them seem like such a big deal? And you do need to become a moderator to edit my "inability to come to proper dictionary definitions" and put in YOUR lettering. And is it that hard to understand my writing? Stop calling me a slandering, illiterate person who gives special treatment to my favorite animals and tell me what I'm doing wrong.
SHREWITITY

alethe

Post by alethe » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:54 pm

What you're saying against hunters is slander, and did you even read my post?

howl-ite
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: tat, howl, howlite

Post by howl-ite » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:55 pm

At the moment wolves aren't a cause for concern, so I wouldn't be worrying about this for the sake of the species.
Hunting in some cases, is the only way for the person to get money and I have nothing against that as long as it isn't on a threatened or endangered species. Besides, hunters are just normal people hunting, lets say, for their family, so they can provide them with money, food and heck maybe even a fur scarf for the winter.
Similar to what wolves do, they hunt, kill, get the food and provide for their family. Lets not forget that the animal they killed was innocent too.
Hunters that use the meat to eat is great. It's what they do most of the time with it anyway, I believe. It's better having fresh meat, than going to a supermarket than buying meat that has come from a battery farm, for example. Not to mention the way some supermarkets treat the meat with chemicals such as Carbon Monoxide.
Also after you've eaten the meat, you can use the fur for something, so nothing really goes to waste. So hunting is not always pointless.

Sure there are people who hunt for sport, but i'm not going to bash them. It's their choice.
As long as the animal will be put to good use, I see no problem.
The only hunting I have a problem with is when it's illegal, done on an endangered or threatened species or just killing it for the purpose of one part of the animal. For example you could kill an animal for it's fur and just leave the meat. Instead you could eat the meat, or perhaps feed it to a pet. Leaving most of the animal put to use.
I'm sure most hunters do this anyway.

I have no concern for the gray wolf, they are doing fine; and as cold-hearted this sounds (not intended), a few wolves isn't going to make a difference to the whole population of them.

I'm going to go worry over the survival of the black rhinoceros instead.

͙ ͓ ̡ ʼ ̂ ̽ ˟ ʼ ʼ ˟ ̽ ̂ ʼ ̢ ͓ ͙
valar morghulis

yes. all
men must die,
but we are not men ﴿

̂ ̽ ˟ ʼ ʼ ˟ ̽ ̂

av- Lupe
sig- lupe

banned by neam on Wednesday the 9th of May 2k18 <3
Request shop: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=85091

:*´¨`*:.(¯`*

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:58 pm

Reminder to everyone to please be respectful of all users' opinions, regardless if they differ from your own. While debating is fine, being rude to other users because of their opinions or word choice is unacceptable, and if it continues this thread will have to be locked.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:59 pm

Wolves hunt for pleasure too. Hunting animals is fine, even if for no reason. A few dead wolves is better than them all starving
_-:¡!*"*!¡:-_
_-:¡!*"Warden"*!¡:-_
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
In war, victory
In peace, vigilance
In death, sacrifice

av/sig: alethe

firedog6
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by firedog6 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:01 pm

No it's not slander, to me. And a few wolves isn't going to hurt the population, but it's going to hurt those few wolves.

Can this thread be locked...? We've all gotten our opinions out. I hope.
SHREWITITY

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:04 pm

yes it will hurt a few wolves, and help the population. A few wolves will die. Thats just how nature is.
_-:¡!*"*!¡:-_
_-:¡!*"Warden"*!¡:-_
In war, victory
In peace, vigilance
In death, sacrifice

av/sig: alethe

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:06 pm

firedog6 wrote:Can this thread be locked...? We've all gotten our opinions out. I hope.
Unless pawnee, the author of the thread, requests a lock or the debate gets out of hand it will stay open. Other people may want to come in and voice their opinions, it would be unfair to them to lock it because one group of people is done with it.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

La Striata
Yearling
Yearling

Post by La Striata » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:49 pm

firedog6 wrote:No it's not slander, to me. And a few wolves isn't going to hurt the population, but it's going to hurt those few wolves.

Can this thread be locked...? We've all gotten our opinions out. I hope.
So if I were to call you something horrific and dehumanizing, but then say "to me", would that make it okay?

TheImmortalWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by TheImmortalWolf » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:15 pm

firedog6 is right. Hunters are wrong. people dont need to worryabout wolves because theyve handled population themselves for years. its just an exuse for hunters to hunt because they are heartless idiots. i hate them too.wolves do have feelings anf feel pain too. the human population is really high to so how come we cant lower there population?
Mess with me?
I'll let karma do its job.
Mess with my family?
I become karma.

Return to “Wolf Conservation”