Wildlife officials hire hunter to kill wolves

Discuss wolf conservation and status.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

alethe
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2811
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:39 pm
Name: [REDACTED]
Gender: Female
Location: scadrial
Contact:

Re: Wildlife officials hire hunter to kill wolves

Post by alethe » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:18 pm

Humans before wolves. Loose the double standard. The wolves have been kept in check because there were predators to get rid of them. Those predators are gone, so the humans now keep the population under control. Surely you don't hate big cats who hunt wolves, and humans are no different if they respect that they can't over hunt.


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


av/sig : lupe

firedog6
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:48 pm
Gender: Female
Location: At My Desk, on the Compuster, Sitting on A Chair, Obviously

Re: Wildlife officials hire hunter to kill wolves

Post by firedog6 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:55 pm

I don't hate big cats who hunt wolves because they can't tell right from wrong! Humans can!

La Striata, If you say "firedog6, you know, you're dehumanizing and horrific - to me." That wouldn't matter because I don't care what you call me.
Last edited by firedog6 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SHREWITITY

alethe
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2811
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:39 pm
Name: [REDACTED]
Gender: Female
Location: scadrial
Contact:

Re: Wildlife officials hire hunter to kill wolves

Post by alethe » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:58 pm

Its not wrong, and its also none of your business. People spend their time doing things you don't like. I don't like smokers. Do I go around spreading slander and lies about them? No. Its their business.


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


av/sig : lupe

User avatar
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Posts: 12959
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Wildlife officials hire hunter to kill wolves

Post by Koa » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:21 pm

To not further deviate from the topic at hand... :]

In this case, hunters are being hired to take care of the wolves. I don't think these guys are "evil" or "hunting for fun", because obviously there's a more realistic factor into this particular method -- they're getting paid, and by getting paid and having some kind of incentive, they are, in return, helping control the problematic wolf population in the area. Do some folks legally hunt and not get paid? Yes, they do, and it'd be reasonable to say that most people who do hunt enjoy it as a recreational and/or sport activity. However, I'll remind everyone that there are hunting regulations and the like in place... so it isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be. They're helping manage a problem, paid or not, and are getting involved in the world around them. I don't see anything wrong with that.
YOU SAY YOU WANT TO GET BETTER AND YOU DON'T KNOW HOW.

User avatar
Chumpkins_
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:59 pm
Name:
Gender: Male
Location: ‍ ‍ ‍

Re: Wildlife officials hire hunter to kill wolves

Post by Chumpkins_ » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:38 pm

True. Again, nature isn't a place full of happiness. Its full of death and murder. It's survival of the fittest. Eat or be eaten. Kill or be killed.
_-:¡!*"*!¡:-_
_-:¡!*"Warden"*!¡:-_
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
In war, victory
In peace, vigilance
In death, sacrifice
. . . . . . . . . . . . .

av/sig: alethe

User avatar
La Striata
Yearling
Yearling
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:01 pm
Location: Wadi-Abu-Diba

Re: Wildlife officials hire hunter to kill wolves

Post by La Striata » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:40 am

firedog6 wrote:I don't hate big cats who hunt wolves because they can't tell right from wrong! Humans can!
So wait a minute, aside from its limited mental capacity, a Siberian tiger killing a wolf in the Russian Far East is technically "wrong"? A few posts ago, you were praising wolves for killing coyotes.
Theimmortalwolf wrote:people dont need to worryabout wolves because theyve handled population themselves for years. its just an exuse for hunters to hunt because they are heartless idiots. i hate them too.wolves do have feelings anf feel pain too. the human population is really high to so how come we cant lower there population?
I presume you're talking about Yellowstone. Let me tell you a secret: It seems you are forgetting that even before the very day Yellowstone was declared a National Park, man has always been the top predator, not wolves. The natives were the true keystone species in that they hunted both elk and wolves. Before the natives, there were American lions that played a similar wolf-limiting role as modern tigers do in India and Siberia. The fact that wolves are now the top predators is a relatively recent phenomenon.
I cannot see that wolves are in any way nobler in character than hyenas- Frederick Selous

firedog6
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:48 pm
Gender: Female
Location: At My Desk, on the Compuster, Sitting on A Chair, Obviously

Re: Wildlife officials hire hunter to kill wolves

Post by firedog6 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:17 pm

No, I'm saying I'm not angry at animals for killing wolves because they don't know right from wrong. I have a feeling you don't understand what my definition of "right from wrong is". I mean that a tiger could go all around Russia killing too many wolves. I wouldn't hold a grudge against the tiger because the tiger doesn't know that it's wrong - where as human do.

And I never remember praising wolves for killing coyotes.
SHREWITITY

User avatar
TheImmortalWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:11 pm
Gender: Male
Location: in a wolf den

Re: Wildlife officials hire hunter to kill wolves

Post by TheImmortalWolf » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:10 pm

La Striata wrote:
firedog6 wrote:I don't hate big cats who hunt wolves because they can't tell right from wrong! Humans can!
So wait a minute, aside from its limited mental capacity, a Siberian tiger killing a wolf in the Russian Far East is technically "wrong"? A few posts ago, you were praising wolves for killing coyotes.
Theimmortalwolf wrote:people dont need to worryabout wolves because theyve handled population themselves for years. its just an exuse for hunters to hunt because they are heartless idiots. i hate them too.wolves do have feelings anf feel pain too. the human population is really high to so how come we cant lower there population?
I presume you're talking about Yellowstone. Let me tell you a secret: It seems you are forgetting that even before the very day Yellowstone was declared a National Park, man has always been the top predator, not wolves. The natives were the true keystone species in that they hunted both elk and wolves. Before the natives, there were American lions that played a similar wolf-limiting role as modern tigers do in India and Siberia. The fact that wolves are now the top predators is a relatively recent phenomenon.
because humans are reckless and dont care about nature. it seems you have trouble understanding this
Mess with me?
I'll let karma do its job.
Mess with my family?
I become karma.

alethe
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2811
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:39 pm
Name: [REDACTED]
Gender: Female
Location: scadrial
Contact:

Re: Wildlife officials hire hunter to kill wolves

Post by alethe » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:12 pm

You seem to have trouble not stereotyping things. I hope you realize that you are human. You certainly don't seem to hate nature.


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


av/sig : lupe

User avatar
TheImmortalWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:11 pm
Gender: Male
Location: in a wolf den

Re: Wildlife officials hire hunter to kill wolves

Post by TheImmortalWolf » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:26 pm

Only a few. most just build on with there cities without a care for there enviroment
Mess with me?
I'll let karma do its job.
Mess with my family?
I become karma.

User avatar
Chumpkins_
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:59 pm
Name:
Gender: Male
Location: ‍ ‍ ‍

Re: Wildlife officials hire hunter to kill wolves

Post by Chumpkins_ » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:28 pm

Not at all. Have you heard about solar panels? Eco-boost in cars? Buildings and cities "going green". People care. You're just too wrapped up in your own world to notice.
_-:¡!*"*!¡:-_
_-:¡!*"Warden"*!¡:-_
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
In war, victory
In peace, vigilance
In death, sacrifice
. . . . . . . . . . . . .

av/sig: alethe

firedog6
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:48 pm
Gender: Female
Location: At My Desk, on the Compuster, Sitting on A Chair, Obviously

Re: Wildlife officials hire hunter to kill wolves

Post by firedog6 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:32 pm

Maybe not most people build their cities without caring for wildlife, but yes some do. These people are careless idiots. You are also wrapped up in your own world, Silver
SHREWITITY

User avatar
Chumpkins_
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:59 pm
Name:
Gender: Male
Location: ‍ ‍ ‍

Re: Wildlife officials hire hunter to kill wolves

Post by Chumpkins_ » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:37 pm

So how exactly am I "wrapped up in my own world"? Because I don't stereotype humans to be inhuman beast who hate nature?
_-:¡!*"*!¡:-_
_-:¡!*"Warden"*!¡:-_
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
In war, victory
In peace, vigilance
In death, sacrifice
. . . . . . . . . . . . .

av/sig: alethe

User avatar
TheImmortalWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:11 pm
Gender: Male
Location: in a wolf den

Re: Wildlife officials hire hunter to kill wolves

Post by TheImmortalWolf » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:39 pm

because you don't know what people do to animals and assume they all love nature and don't harm them at all
Mess with me?
I'll let karma do its job.
Mess with my family?
I become karma.

firedog6
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:48 pm
Gender: Female
Location: At My Desk, on the Compuster, Sitting on A Chair, Obviously

Re: Wildlife officials hire hunter to kill wolves

Post by firedog6 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:40 pm

How exactly is TheImmortalWolf wrapped up in his own world?
SHREWITITY

Locked

Return to “Wolf Conservation”