Discuss wolf conservation and status.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Wolfie10
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Wolves in England again?

Post by Wolfie10 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:11 pm

Fenris wrote:Wolves!!! England!!
Yes i hope they do that i live near highlands!!!!
i can study them well if i could find them
The last wolf in england died in 1767 or summat like that

Dark starlight
I Hope They Come Down Further South To East Anglia
“There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.” Albert Einstein

Wolfie10
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Wolfie10 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:14 pm

sorry 4 double posting but:

if wolves came back to england they may be killed, someone i know said 'who cared if wolves become extinct' i almost cired :cry: :cry: :cry:
“There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.” Albert Einstein

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:05 pm

I know, someone said that and I almost punched him in the face, but then I saw the dean and the principal really close by and I knew if I did that I would have been expelled for sure..
icon by Rottenrobbie

Fenris
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Fenris » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:12 pm

Ive ever heard anyone say that. Well not infront of me. Because anyone who knows me knows that if they said anything bad about wolves they would get a punch or a every every long list of facts about wolves :D

Wolfie10
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Wolfie10 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:23 am

haha nice 1,

at least 2 teachers have told this person that said this, have said wolves are afraid of humans :D

4 once: GO TEACHERS
and never again!!!

i am giving my self an 'OFF TOPIC' yelling at now.

the list of facts is a good one, though i normaly growl or give then a warning stare :wink: :wink: :wink:

ignoring them when they ask for help on work is good to

Wildbluesun
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Wildbluesun » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:52 am

Fenris wrote:it would cause a drop in deer and other prey
That's a GOOD THING. England has too many deer, and they're stopping woodlands growing properly because they eat all the new growth. English deer have no predators apart from humans, and humans tend to hunt stags with big antlers, which isn't a very good plan for reducing the population.

When I went to the Anglian Wolf Society (anglianwolf.com) they said wolf reintroduction wouldn't work; that wolves would quickly spread from the highlands to down south, and come into all sorts of conflict with humans.

Opinions?
...What's a signature?

I'm almost always only around at weekends, so I'll reply slowly. Sorry. =(

breanna
Former WQ Moderator

Post by breanna » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:27 pm

Blindseer wrote:I know, someone said that and I almost punched him in the face, but then I saw the dean and the principal really close by and I knew if I did that I would have been expelled for sure..

the same happened to me exept i was really angry, i began to scream at hime, and (no one was around exept for a few people.) i kicked him really hard in the shin. i bruised him badly lol.
I support the Alliance

I Eat Babies

~This world is made of LOVE AND PEACE!

Snowmuzzle
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Snowmuzzle » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:22 pm

Well, it would be an interesting idea. They've certainly had a long absence. But in that time, look at how much has changed. Our land has become extremely built up. Only fragments of forest remain, and even these are hardly peaceful and isolated from roads, farmland, etc. In the Scottish Highlands, maybe -- I watched a brilliant Natural World programme the other day featuring a man who was hoping to release animals like wolves, bears and moose on his private land, but I don't think it could get past the fenced in stage. And there is the issue of predation on farms. You might immediately go: "I hate farmers, who cares, wolves wolves all the way" but being a farmer's daughter I see the effects of foxes on our free range hens almost daily. If the amount they kill in the US is bad, then think how much a British wolf would depend on livestock. Most of our little patches of wilderness could maybe support a couple of wolves each, but when their numbers start to grow, they aren't gonna restrict themselves to a few deer. A wolf is an oppurtunist--fast deer or stupid sheep to satiate their bawling pups? What would you choose? And this isn't just about the wolves getting shot by farmers. British farmers have an awful time already -- tonnes of senseless red tape, meagre prices and awful diseases. I would love to see wolves back here, but it isn't the same world they left all those years ago. :)
Thou shalt not put musicians on ridiculous pedestals, no matter how great they are... or were.

Wolfie10
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Wolfie10 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:11 pm

I watched that program too.
Its weard the wasy of how things are going. I STILL think that it would be great for wolves to be reintroduced, if only people would know..
WOLVES ARE AFRIAD OF HUMANS
I had to let that out :oops:

Snowmuzzle
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Snowmuzzle » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:10 am

Its weard the wasy of how things are going. I STILL think that it would be great for wolves to be reintroduced, if only people would know..
I had to let that out
I had to let that out :oops:
Yeah. I'll listen to arguments from both sides, but it gets ridiculous when people start saying: "How can I ever let my little son outside if there are wolves about?" People should research their points before they say them.
Thou shalt not put musicians on ridiculous pedestals, no matter how great they are... or were.

Wolfie10
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Wolfie10 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:37 am

yeh not just belive in fairy tale sotries like i used to, i used to be petrified of wolves :o I was stupid when i was young.

But yes people must understand that wolves
ARE AFRIAD OF HUMANS
Thats just fun ^ :lol:

Return to “Wolf Conservation”