WolfQuest 2.7 Beta Bloopers (Part 2)

Post the links to your favorite WolfQuest screenshots and videos here.

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Re: WolfQuest 2.7 Beta Bloopers (Part 2)

Post by Frodo1 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:48 pm

Autumnfire wrote:I still have two empty slots in my PC. If it doesn't have enough space... It's already really full, hopefully I won't need to get any more RAM space.
I'm assuming you mean your hard disk is full? If so, upgrading your RAM won't change that... you'd need to get another hard disk. RAM is a different type of memory...

Cackle
Pup
Pup
Name: Whiffler

Post by Cackle » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:17 am

Whoops, sorry. I didn't explain that right. I meant that my memory is full, but I still have 2 slots left, so if push comes to shove I'll get new RAM memory to fill in the empty RAM slots, so it'll run faster. I won't get another hard disk, not worth it and I don't have money for a new PC, so... Hopefully it'll be enough to run 2.7 :roll:

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Frodo1 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:41 pm

Autumnfire wrote:Whoops, sorry. I didn't explain that right. I meant that my memory is full, but I still have 2 slots left, so if push comes to shove I'll get new RAM memory to fill in the empty RAM slots, so it'll run faster. I won't get another hard disk, not worth it and I don't have money for a new PC, so... Hopefully it'll be enough to run 2.7 :roll:
Which memory? Are you meaning that you are constantly running close to 100% physical memory in Task Manager, or that your C: is full? Sorry, I'm not sure I understand- RAM isn't persistent, so I'm trying to figure out what you mean by it being full...

Cackle
Pup
Pup

Post by Cackle » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:01 pm

By full memory I mean the C: .
I know that getting new memory RAM is little to none help here but it's all I can do about it for now. It'll at least make it run a little faster.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:00 pm

Autumnfire wrote:By full memory I mean the C: .
I know that getting new memory RAM is little to none help here but it's all I can do about it for now. It'll at least make it run a little faster.
But the C:/ drive is on your hard drive, its a different kind of memory than RAM.

How much RAM do you have now?

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Frodo1 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:26 pm

Like Solitary said, it's a different kind of memory. Your C: drive is your hard disk- where all your files are stored. RAM is what's used to actually run your programs.
There are ways of cleaning up your disk, though. If you've got Windows, I know there's a disk cleanup dialogue... just don't do anything if you don't know what it's actually doing XD For starters, have you cleared your recycle bin recently? I cleared about 10,000 files out of mine the other day- and that wasn't even all of it! And most of those were just things I'd accidentally duplicated... O.o

Cackle
Pup
Pup

Post by Cackle » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:33 am

Wow that's a lot of things just in your recycle bin. o.o Yes, I always clear my recycle bin to avoid such a thing from happening. I just found out now though that my D: is even fuller then my C: ! Yikes, my poor computer... When I said RAM memory, I didn't mean that IT was full. I meant the C: . I SAID that I would get more RAM memory so everything would be processed or run faster, as my full memory was lagging my computer. I know the differences between both, please stop trying to explain it. -_-

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Frodo1 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:49 am

Autumnfire wrote:Wow that's a lot of things just in your recycle bin. o.o Yes, I always clear my recycle bin to avoid such a thing from happening. I just found out now though that my D: is even fuller then my C: ! Yikes, my poor computer... When I said RAM memory, I didn't mean that IT was full. I meant the C: . I SAID that I would get more RAM memory so everything would be processed or run faster, as my full memory was lagging my computer. I know the differences between both, please stop trying to explain it. -_-
Yep- I have a stinking lot of files on my computer O.o So you're saying that your full C: drive is making your computer laggy, so you're going to try getting more RAM to address it? I'm not sure I follow how that will help, but...

Cackle
Pup
Pup

Post by Cackle » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:59 pm

Frodo1 wrote:
Autumnfire wrote:Wow that's a lot of things just in your recycle bin. o.o Yes, I always clear my recycle bin to avoid such a thing from happening. I just found out now though that my D: is even fuller then my C: ! Yikes, my poor computer... When I said RAM memory, I didn't mean that IT was full. I meant the C: . I SAID that I would get more RAM memory so everything would be processed or run faster, as my full memory was lagging my computer. I know the differences between both, please stop trying to explain it. -_-
Yep- I have a stinking lot of files on my computer O.o So you're saying that your full C: drive is making your computer laggy, so you're going to try getting more RAM to address it? I'm not sure I follow how that will help, but...
So I can run programs like WQ 2.7 more smoothly. It doesn't really resolve the problem at all but it helps run heavy programs faster.
SolitaryHowl wrote:
But the C:/ drive is on your hard drive, its a different kind of memory than RAM.

I have 4 slots in my computer, and I'm currently using 2 of them.

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Frodo1 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:22 pm

Autumnfire wrote:
Frodo1 wrote:
So I can run programs like WQ 2.7 more smoothly. It doesn't really resolve the problem at all but it helps run heavy programs faster.
SolitaryHowl wrote:

I have 4 slots in my computer, and I'm currently using 2 of them.
So is the problem that you don't have enough RAM regardless of the space on your C: drive? How much RAM (in gigabytes) do you have currently, and do you have a 32 bit or a 64 bit system?

Cackle
Pup
Pup

Post by Cackle » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:59 pm

What? I think I already explained that part. But no, that's not the problem. I honestly don't know exactly how much gigabytes of RAM I have or if it is a 32 bit or a 64 bit system. Could we talk about something else now, please? :? :oops:

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Frodo1 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:01 pm

Autumnfire wrote:What? I think I already explained that part. But no, that's not the problem. I honestly don't know exactly how much gigabytes of RAM I have or if it is a 32 bit or a 64 bit system. Could we talk about something else now, please? :? :oops:
Yeah- sorry, I just don't understand what you mean >.< Anyway. But if you do want to figure out your computers stats, there's a program called Speccy out there that will tell you. Anywho, this is getting offtopic anyway...

amethystrose
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Hypnotic

Post by amethystrose » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:26 am

The one I laughed at the most was the fact that the wolf was floating in the air. The game looks awesome so far!! :) I'm still waiting on the full release. The other bloopers looked great too, like the river being in the air. I literally said, "Woah!" out loud. These were probably posted in the past before the demo was released, but even still, they were great!

Return to “WolfQuest Screenshots & Videos”