What wildlife have you seen recently?

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature & Wildlife Photography forum to submit your own wildlife photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Couviani
Pup
Pup

Re: What wildlife have you seen recently?

Post by Couviani » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:53 pm

We get a lot of different animals, especially birds in our back yard (such as blackbirds, ravens, pigeons/doves, house martins etc, or even the likes of woodpeckers,) and grey squirrels (we always have a lot of food out for the animals, so it's a constant party.).

This evening though we had a hedgehog. Such a cute little thing, and quite surprising since during the past 3 or so years we've lived here we've never come across one ^-^

Wolves of Beinn Eighe
- Join us -

"There's Strength in Arches"
- Joe Wilkinson

Pegasos
Pup
Pup
Name: Maisa, Masaa

Post by Pegasos » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:50 pm

Yesterday I saw the moose was running in front of me on road when I was returning from work to home.
That was not my first time when I was in the same situation.
av by LupinzPack

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:07 pm

I have my eye on a female american kestrel near my college campus. i go to classes every monday and wednesday evening, and i always see her in a field on my way down. maybe one day i'll go out there with a nice camera and try to get some good photos of her. i wonder if she has a mate and nest nearby, too.

there's also a red shouldered hawk that's been around my house. i believe its a she but i haven't gotten a good look at the size.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I eat danger for breakfast!
Actually, I don’t. I prefer cereal.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : lupe

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:14 am

I see lots of red foxes and deer. once on a trip i saw a black bear cub.
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

krispycat9
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Krispy

Post by krispycat9 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:31 pm

Today I went birdwatching by a lighthouse in my area, and gee was it a good day! I saw 2 razorbills, 4 harbor seals, and an atlantic puffin. I also saw a red fox last night when I was taking a late night walk. I've seen a lot of cool stuff lately but those are the most interesting ones.

x1103
Pup
Pup

Post by x1103 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:56 am

Hares. Always. Every day and every night. They drive my dogs crazy which drives me crazy. At first there were two, yesterday evening I noticed there were three. They just stop and stare though we are very close and often I'm so irritated that I shout to them "run you idiots!" to scare them. (Once I waited too long for a seagull to fly away but for some reason it didn't at first and my dogs almost ate it so...) I don't always see the rabbits, but the dogs have started going nuts at walks lately sniffing the ground and acting over excited so I know the hares have moved in to the yard... Weird but this is the first time I have wanted to get rid of an wild animal. Gladly I have seen foxes here too so maybe nature finds its order by itself.

I bought binoculars about a month or two ago to watch wildlife from my window, I live at the top floor of a building and have an awesome view to a bit of forest and a strait which has been frozen and people have been ice fishing there. One day I saw a bunch of crows and something bigger with them probably eating the fish that the fishermen had left behind. I looked through the binoculars and realized that the bigger ones were some kind of eagles! I had never seen wild eagles before and I just lost it and tried to take pictures through the binoculars but it proved impossible... XD
Nevermind me I just like to blah blah.

Return to “Nature & Wildlife”