Big Male Brown Bear

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature Photography subforum to submit your own photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

PeacefulWolfSpirit
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Big Male Brown Bear

Post by PeacefulWolfSpirit » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:49 pm

At my friend's cabin, my family came with her family. We spent around three days there, and it WAS interesting. But the first night, my family forgot to put up our ice chest with ALL of our food in it. And guess what happened. Yep. You guessed. The bear came and ate EVERYTHING INSIDE OF IT. It ate the meats, the fruits, the ranch dressing from the bottle! But it didn't touch one thing... THE LUNCHABLE. The seal wasn't broken or riped AT ALL and the meat, cheese, and crackers were in place. We laughed and laughed about that, but were bummed out about the food all gone.

The next evening while we were sitting around, the bear came up the hill! Everyone started to freak out and got cameras and video recorders, and got some tape and photos. Then they told us a story of how one time they came up with their truck LOADED with peaches in the trunk. That night a bear got into the back and took only one bite out of EVERY SINGLE PEACH. *shrugs* I guess bears waste their food. Well, it was an AWESOME trip, and yeah. Cya :D
Speaking the truth and only the truth is what gives me my wings to fly

West
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Big Male Brown Bear

Post by West » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:46 pm

Um, this is random, but awesome. What did you eat for the other days? The Lunchables?
Cool story, I like it.
And funny peach story! Ha ha! Bears Like to waste food, I guess. Either that or they just don't want people to have it.
Sometimes I just don't know what avatar to wear.
Avatar is 100% © me, I made up the creature, and drew all of it, so no stealing.

Hiedidog

Post by Hiedidog » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:17 pm

That is quite the story. It makes me want to really look into why the bear didn't touch the lunchables. Maybe it didn't seem "natural" enough to be food...
♥Kamisha♥

October 2009 Undine Falls Pack Member of the Month

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:32 pm

thats funny. every single peach. I guess he didn't want to share with you.

I guess he was really bold to just do whatever he pleased, some bears have no manners while others will run from humans before their even seen.
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:29 am

Heh, maybe he plays way too much Super Mario and wanted to act like Bowser by abducting Peach :shock:

No, seriously. Sounds cool =D

Rainbow wolf
Pup
Pup
Location: Watching the Aurora lights... (really live in Minnesota)

Post by Rainbow wolf » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:16 pm

Yeah a bear came my neighbor's yard and ate all of her bird seed lol.
If you just be your self others will like you for the way you are.
Never be or act a like another person
Soon others will notice you and will certainly be your friend.
And that my friend happen to me.