Sea animals

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature & Wildlife Photography forum to submit your own wildlife photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

What is your favorite sea animal?

Dolphins
38%
Whales
14%
Sea turtles
5%
Sting Rays
11%
Other
33%

Total votes: 101

greatninjawolf
Pup
Pup

Re: Sea animals

Post by greatninjawolf » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:12 am

my fav sea animal is the shark yes the shark sharks r the predators of the sea
─╔╗────╔╗
╔╝╠═╗╔╦╣╠╦═╦╦╗
║╬║╬╚╣╔╣═╣╩╣╔╝
╚═╩══╩╝╚╩╩═╩╝

textart©nightly-howler
Love hurts and it wont last for long
Don't cry beacuase of some break up
There's other fish in the sea
Don't worry

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:23 am

greatninjawolf wrote:my fav sea animal is the shark yes the shark sharks r the predators of the sea
Sharks are very interesting creatures, and I find them quite awesome, due to their size and skill.

Quivira
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Quivira » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:49 pm

Ooh! I love sharks! When we went fishing in Marco Island, Florida, I caught two Bonnet-head Sharks. They were pretty small but they were pretty exciting catches!

Snakes

knives
-- Butch  Deloria

avatar/sig © Lupinzpack/twinlinskis

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:26 pm

I've only been able to really see sharks at zoos and aquariums; never in the wild. When I went to SeaWorld last year, I went though one of those tunnels that go through a large aquarium tank, and the sharks were very close: they have some wicked teeth!

That would be awesome to actually catch a shark~

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:27 pm

Kivia wrote:I've only been able to really see sharks at zoos and aquariums; never in the wild. When I went to SeaWorld last year, I went one of those tunnels that go through a large aquarium tank, and the sharks were very close: they have some wicked teeth!

I want to catch a shark, lulz.
Kivia's got the right idea... =D
Anyways, I've seen a few sharks, being that I live on the coast. But, my favorite animal is a jellyfish. I like all their colors and how they move gracefully.
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:32 pm

See, I even live less than an hour away from the ocean and yet I almost never see any exotic marine life, that is, when I even GO to the beach. There's never a nice place to look at nature since most of the beaches are for people.

I've seen a dead jellyfish before when I was younger...poked it a few times with a stick. xP

But yeah, there are some beautiful jellies out there. Seen quite a few cool ones on TV, though I can never remember what they're specifically called.

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:42 pm

Kivia wrote:See, I even live less than an hour away from the ocean and yet I almost never see any exotic marine life, that is, when I even GO to the beach. There's never a nice place to look at nature since most of the beaches are for people.

I've seen a dead jellyfish before when I was younger...poked it a few times with a stick. xP

But yeah, there are some beautiful jellies out there. Seen quite a few cool ones on TV, though I can never remember what they're specifically called.
Yep. I go to the beach almost every day to swim, surf, or hangout with one of my buddies.

I've seen a few dead jellies, I kinda just tend to ignore them or bury them for people awaiting a surprise. >:) Just kidding, I poke them too. XD
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

Grin
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Grin » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:18 pm

When I went to California, there was a beach where seals could rest and loiter about on. They kept up signs that said that although they couldn't prevent people from playing on the beaches, they wouldn't advise it because it scares the seals away and they need those beach areas to rest after traveling long distances in the ocean. And yet there are those few (well, many in this case) people who just don't care and play on the beach anyways. Whenever a sea lion head would bob out of the water, a mass of people would overwhelm it by taking a bunch of pictures from the walkway above or running into the water to see/come in contact with it. Parents had their kids on those beaches as if that was the only beach in all of California they could have chosen to go to. I was on a Yearbook summer camp at the time with two of my friends and our teacher, and even she was cursing people for being so rude and careless to these amazing animals.

I just googled this subject and was surprised to find a website entirely dedicated to this dilemma. Here is the About Us info from their website:

http://savesandiegoseals.com wrote:SealWatch San Diego (previously the “Rake-A-Line” Program) was founded in January 2005 by a group of concerned citizens. It was an emergency measure to protect the harbor seals from unintentional harassment by visitors to Casa Beach. For years, the seal colony had been protected by a rope barrier installed by the City of San Diego in 1999. Tragically, this essential protection was removed in September 2004. With no guidelines or signs informing visitors about safe seal watching, people began approaching exhausted seals, forcing them to flee into the water. This daily harassment led to the premature birth, and sad deaths of several seal pups in 2005.

The mission of SealWatch San Diego is to protect the San Diego harbor seals and their habitat from human harassment in perpetuity. Our members educate the public about responsible seal watching and serve to counter a small group of San Diego residents who are determined to drive the seals out of their tiny rookery. We believe the seals deserve 200 feet of beach so they can survive, and that the seals are a unique treasure for all San Diego visitors and residents to appreciate.

___┍ ɢ ʀ ɪ ɴ ┑___

▔▔┕ ʜ ᴏ ᴜ ɴ ᴅ ┙▔▔

ZeRivet
Former WQ Moderator

Post by ZeRivet » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:31 pm

I think my favorite sea animal would probably be the Leafy Sea Dragon. I've only ever seen them in the aquarium in Chattanooga(TN), but they look really awesome and I find them to be rather interesting.
| | | “I'm allergic to rocks hitting me in the face.” | | |
Avatar (C) me | Quote (C) Mark Rowe| All The Rocks

Oceansong-Direwolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Oceansong-Direwolf » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:43 pm

I think sharks are rather interesting creatures. I love them, and they are all cute in their special way. Even the goblin shark. My favorite species of shark is the tiger shark. Sharks are fascinating, or at least to me. I don't know why people think they want to eat you. You actually look like a seal with your arms hanging off the sides of a surf board. And sharks probably think you taste bad...
One raindrop among millions.

cloudywolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by cloudywolf » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:11 pm

I'm glad to see you all have a favourite sea animal ^^ It makes me happy to know that others enjoy the sea animals as much as the land animals :D
I believe in freedom, and peace. But sometimes, you don't always get what you want. Don't believe lies, don't trust strangers who out of the blue talk to you, and beware of scams such as the 2012 lie. YOUR choices shape YOUR future.

~cloudywolf

Oceansong-Direwolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Oceansong-Direwolf » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:40 pm

There is a kind of jellyfish that seems to be so far immortal. After breeding, they go back to their juvenile state. This amazes me, and I want to know more about the immortal jellyfish. It might not have a brain, but it certainly is awesome. Still not my favorite sea creature.

EDIT: For more information on it, go to~
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_nutricula
One raindrop among millions.

wolfman200789
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfman200789 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:57 pm

Kivia wrote:See, I even live less than an hour away from the ocean and yet I almost never see any exotic marine life, that is, when I even GO to the beach. There's never a nice place to look at nature since most of the beaches are for people.

There's never a nice place to look at nature since most of the beaches are for people.
what do youmean theres never a place to look for nature? Its everywere! like this weekend we went camping at greyland beach state park WA! the got a freeway right through the middle of the beach! Im serious a freeway right through the middle of the beach. Its only marked by an abundance of cars and tire tracks.(There is NO pathed road) Yet life is everywere. They have razerclams,fish,evidence of bears and coyotes,swarms of seaguls feasting on shelfesh,and one year we visited there was also a seal pup lying there awaiting its mother to return from fishing at sea. No matter were your at you are most likely find amazing creatures! you just got to look,whatch,and listen!
"Beauty can be found in every stone, plant, creature, and person. You just have to look hard enough to see it." me-

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 2365e2.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 975638.jpg

Riahbeth2
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Bobbing my head to the rhythm of life, and Christmas music! :D

Post by Riahbeth2 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:28 pm

I love dolphins! :]

First of all, they are just plain cute! :3 They are very playful and curious animals!

Here's a video to show just how amazing these intelligent creatures are!
.................(¨*.¸(¨*.¸´.¸ Nεω Mεოօɾἶεʂ ¸.´¸.*¨)¸.*¨)
................................¸¸.*¨*`ж ӂ Ӂ ӂ ж*¨*`.¸¸.
........................Spending time with my family & friends,
..................................who I love to be around.
.................'............Enjoying everyones presence,
...........'...............laughing, being together having fun.
..............'..............My heart is filled in many ways,
.............................surrounded by laughters sound.
..............Nothing else matters or things we have been through,
.........'.................new memories created for everyone.
..............................¸¸.*¨*`ж ӂ Ӂ ӂ ж*¨*`.¸¸.
...........'.............................Av/Sig ¤ Crystal

Vira Mote
Pup
Pup

Post by Vira Mote » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:35 am

Riahbeth2 wrote:I love dolphins! :]

First of all, they are just plain cute! :3 They are very playful and curious animals!

Here's a video to show just how amazing these intelligent creatures are!

Same. And im afraid of the sharks.
Sorry For my a bit terrible English !!

...¸.•*¨*`•.¸Vira Mote ¸.•*¨*`•.¸

♫ Cool
♫ Nice
♫ Friendly
♫ Helpful
♫ Modest
♫ Just... Amazing!
♫ =)

Return to “Nature & Wildlife”