Uncommon Animal Facts

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature Photography subforum to submit your own photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

wolfman200789
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Uncommon Animal Facts

Post by wolfman200789 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:02 pm

April wrote:The crystal frog is a relatively newly discovered species found in Peru. What gives it its name is that its skin is so transparent that you can see the organs inside

And wolfman, the "facts" you posted is actually a theory...its not necessarily true. The part of it being the "first animal to ever live on the earth" is a belief/religion, NOT a fact.
I did not say it was the first to live on earth. i said it was the first animal in history to have a backbone. The animal metnioned lived in earths early hisotry when life first started to conqour the planet. Its at a time in history when the land was baren but underwater there was plenty of life. Most of them we invertebrets so they did not have backbones. but astraspis the jawless fish is the first animal in earths history so far to have a spinal cord or backbone.

Again. i did NOT say it was the first to live on earth. But the first animal disovered to actually devolope a backbone
"Beauty can be found in every stone, plant, creature, and person. You just have to look hard enough to see it." me-

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 2365e2.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 975638.jpg

April

Post by April » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:25 pm

wolfman200789 wrote:
April wrote:The crystal frog is a relatively newly discovered species found in Peru. What gives it its name is that its skin is so transparent that you can see the organs inside

And wolfman, the "facts" you posted is actually a theory...its not necessarily true. The part of it being the "first animal to ever live on the earth" is a belief/religion, NOT a fact.
I did not say it was the first to live on earth. i said it was the first animal in history to have a backbone. The animal metnioned lived in earths early hisotry when life first started to conqour the planet. Its at a time in history when the land was baren but underwater there was plenty of life. Most of them we invertebrets so they did not have backbones. but astraspis the jawless fish is the first animal in earths history so far to have a spinal cord or backbone.

Again. i did NOT say it was the first to live on earth. But the first animal disovered to actually devolope a backbone
IT's still a belief though. Because scientists don't even know if that stuff is true. They don't have records, they only have what they think might be evidence. The theory your basing this off of is evolution is it not? It's not that I don't believe the animals were real, they definitely have evidence of bones and fossils and stuff like that. But even scientists can't know what the first animals were to arrive on the planet, or what the first animals to have back bones; that's a fact of religion and belief. Some religions say all the animals were there on the spot and some had backbones and some didn't but that's just religion and we can't really discuss religion on the topic. I'm not trying to start an argument here I just want to point out that you have put many theories alongside your actual facts.
Avatar by me. Read my book Lessons Learned (A fiction book about African Wild Dogs) at:

http://aprilsilverwolf.wix.com/lessonslearnednovel

~April~
~Member Of The Month for October of 2009~
Yellowstone wolf international/Skilled Hunter

Snow Powder Runs Pack

wolfman200789
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfman200789 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:15 pm

April wrote:
wolfman200789 wrote:

IT's still a belief though. Because scientists don't even know if that stuff is true. They don't have records, they only have what they think might be evidence. The theory your basing this off of is evolution is it not?
Actually they have evedence. They have a few records and this is not a theory they found fosils of this creature.So far its the only creature found in its time period to have a backbone. and the it was around in the very biggening of diverse life on earth. Before that earth had no life what so ever.Scientest have done research,found evedence etc. I am not baseing this off of theory but facts i have heard over the years. Again a mojority of life back then were invertebrets. The only known animal with a backbone then was astasphis.
"Beauty can be found in every stone, plant, creature, and person. You just have to look hard enough to see it." me-

April

Post by April » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:18 pm

I believe you on the fish creature thing. But there's no way to prove that there was nothing living on the earth before that. Just cause its the only animal they might have found living in its time period, doesn't mean there are still other fossils out there that they haven't yet discovered that could have also been at that time period. And where do humans fit into all this? Are you saying there were no humans on the earth during this time period? Cause if that were so, that itself is religion. And anyway, I don't think were supposed to be discussion religion on the wolf quest forums.
Avatar by me. Read my book Lessons Learned (A fiction book about African Wild Dogs) at:

~April~

Snow Powder Runs Pack

Sweetpea RAWR
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Sweetpea RAWR » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:43 pm

No arguing here, please! It's just a topic for random animal facts. Who's right and who's wrong isn't really important right now. Moving on . . .

Deer can't eat hay.

The lifespan of the average squirrel is 9 years.

There are more than 50 different kinds of kangaroos.

Chinese crested dogs can get acne.

Armadillos can be housebroken.
................... ᴘᴏɪsᴏɴ ɪᴠʏ
......=====================
....ᴍᴀᴍᴍᴀʟs, ᴀ ᴅᴀʏ ᴏғ ʀᴇᴄᴋᴏɴɪɴɢ ɪs ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ.
..ᴛʜᴀᴛs ʀɪɢʜᴛ, ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ ᴘʟᴀɴᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀs
...ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴀᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄʀᴀᴡʟ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀɪᴍᴏʀᴅɪᴀʟ
....sᴏᴜᴘ ᴡɪʟʟ ʀᴇᴄʟᴀɪᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀɴᴇᴛ. ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ
...'......ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛ ʏᴏᴜ.
.............'..'..sɪɢ ᴜɴʟᴜᴄᴋʏ ¹³

wolfman200789
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfman200789 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:52 pm

Sweetpea RAWR wrote: No arguing here, please! It's just a topic for random animal facts. Who's right and who's wrong isn't really important right now. Moving on . . .

Deer can't eat hay.

The lifespan of the average squirrel is 9 years.

There are more than 50 different kinds of kangaroos.

Chinese crested dogs can get acne.

Armadillos can be housebroken.
sorry it started out as a small debate my apoligies.

squirels can be intelegent! Theres this one tame squirel that showed up on the news,as well as the hit animal planet series pet star. It that was able to water ski in a small swimming pool with a romote control boat. Talk about insane!

April

Post by April » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:59 pm

Yeah we weren't arguing, just clearing something up.

There's a weird sea creature called the Sea Pig, it lives at the bottom of the Sea and was documented as a newly discovered species in the last few years. I personally think they look funny. Like pink blobs with short stubby limbs, they remind me more of jellyfish than of pigs

~April~

Snow Powder Runs Pack

wolfman200789
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfman200789 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:15 pm

April wrote:Yeah we weren't arguing, just clearing something up.

There's a weird sea creature called the Sea Pig, it lives at the bottom of the Sea and was documented as a newly discovered species in the last few years. I personally think they look funny. Like pink blobs with short stubby limbs, they remind me more of jellyfish than of pigs
I believe i came across a few sea pigs in the game endless ocean 2.

There is a fish called a lion fish. it is covered with spines reminds me of porcupine. but its twice as deadly! each spine on its fin is covered with poison. theres a tipe of cobra called the spitting cobra. Instead of injecting its venom with a bite it spits its venom at the target. it mainly aims for the eyes

Sweetpea RAWR
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Sweetpea RAWR » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:04 pm

You can tell if a frog is male or female by looking at the toes on the front paws. If the middle finger thing is longer than the others, its a male. If its about the same size as the others, its female.

SolitaryPride
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by SolitaryPride » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:19 pm

Hippo's actually can't swim, they always stay in shallow water

The Hyena is related more to a cat then a dog

Lioness are attacted to male lions that have darker manes. Dark manes mean that they are healthy and strong

Leopard pelts depend on it's surroundings. If it's a dark dense area, their pelts will be much darker, it's it less dense then their pelts will be lighter
------------__/\
-------__/------\
------\___------\
---------- /------\
---------/--------\
---------\--------/
----------/-------\
------/\-/---------\
-----/--\'\__--__/
-----\______/
~Matue
African Stars Pack
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45816

Originally: Dacoda
Avvie: Koa

portia
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by portia » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:43 am

Studies have shown that wolves have more success hunting in pairs than they do hunting in larger packs due to their simplistic hunting style.

________Ͽ.Լ ᴀ ᴅ ʏ || Լ ᴜ ᴄ ɪ ғ ᴇ ʀ Ͼ
__......._.http://nymah-rose.deviantart.com
____.───────────────────────
__________Is ɪᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀɪᴛ
__________ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜɪs ᴋɪʟʟɪɴɢ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ?
____.───────────────────────
__._.______.___Av©Jewelz

jumpjump456

Post by jumpjump456 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:03 am

There is a certian type of jellyfish that could live for ever because they can transform themselves beck in to a egg so they can't die of old age.

swiftkill132
Pup
Pup

Post by swiftkill132 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:24 pm

hedgehogs spit saliva related stuff on thier back spikes

i have no idea why lol :D
EDIT: i noticed oove that people are fighting/ argueing WolfQuest is a happy enviroment for happy people so please no fighting its not alowed here carrying on again...

when dogs lick you they are sometimes showing submition
Last edited by Kivia on Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding double post; please edit your original post next time^^ Thanks! ;D
We are graceful like
the snow, bu
t we can be more
colder than it..

We are beautiful like
the sun, but
we can be
more dangerous than it..

We are..
The Seasonal Trackers Pack!

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Fixed your double post there, Swift^^

And yes, I'd really would hate for any of you folks to get in trouble due to arguing, so hopefully everything is all patched up now. I'll add a rule to this thread in that the facts need to be related to animals of this day and age, 'kay? =3 The farther back in time you go, the more people theorize, so I'd like to stay away from that and any further arguments~

Sweetpea RAWR
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Sweetpea RAWR » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:34 pm

Thank you, Kivia.

Penguin fathers watch the egg while the female travels to feed in the ocean. Then the females return and feed the chicks.