Coolest Places in Nature?

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature & Wildlife Photography forum to submit your own wildlife photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

User avatar
Edme1
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Posts: 681
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:47 pm
Gender: Female
Location: SUMMON THY WARHAMMER OF ZILLYHOO
Contact:

Coolest Places in Nature?

Post by Edme1 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:17 pm

What fascinating, amazing, or serene places have you seen, heard of, or been to? I just took a hike in Gooseberry State Park in Minnesota. They are famous for their waterfalls, and we got to wade into the pool at the bottom. The trail itself was also beautiful, with many kinds of flora and fauna. There aren't words to describe how fitting everything was. The trees' roots were curved and hollowed, and I found a place that looked exactly like the Slough Creek den. :shock: They were so fun to climb on, and there were many little nooks and crannies for little animals to hide in. Share about places you have been to that have intrigued you here.
Bustin' makes me feel good~

"Advance or a8scond!"

♋ ♈ ♉ ♊ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

http://blueranyk.deviantart.com/
Av from Homestuck

User avatar
A Needlepoint Dreary
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:36 am
Gender: Other
Location: Crammed into a vending machine.
Contact:

Re: Coolest Places in Nature?

Post by A Needlepoint Dreary » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:15 am

I think one of the most beautiful place i've ever heard of is Green Lake.
It's a lake in Austria and it's just ... indescribable. Here's a link.


http://www.vieweird.com/green-lake-in-austria/

I wanna visit so bad ;-;
Abandoning this account. I'll be known on my other one, "the ACTUAL dizzy" once it is activated.

-04.17.2013-

User avatar
Edme1
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Posts: 681
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:47 pm
Gender: Female
Location: SUMMON THY WARHAMMER OF ZILLYHOO
Contact:

Re: Coolest Places in Nature?

Post by Edme1 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:47 am

Wow. That looks amazing! Now I want to visit too. ;_; Also, The Grand Canyon. It's not really a big canyon, but a bunch of mountains and valleys. Link~

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... colors.jpg

I have been there before and want to visit again.
Bustin' makes me feel good~

"Advance or a8scond!"

♋ ♈ ♉ ♊ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

http://blueranyk.deviantart.com/
Av from Homestuck

User avatar
WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:08 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Twilight Breaking Dawn. Chapter 21, Page 258.
Contact:

Re: Coolest Places in Nature?

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:19 pm

A Needlepoint Dreary wrote:I think one of the most beautiful place i've ever heard of is Green Lake.
It's a lake in Austria and it's just ... indescribable. Here's a link.


http://www.vieweird.com/green-lake-in-austria/

I wanna visit so bad ;-;
That looks scary well i want to go here
http://johnpickensplan.files.wordpress. ... 118_88.jpg
Thanks Wolf Thief for the avvie! I love it! Ill be stalking you c:

STAY OUT MY MIRROR, STAY OUT OF MY WAY

User avatar
Edme1
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Posts: 681
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:47 pm
Gender: Female
Location: SUMMON THY WARHAMMER OF ZILLYHOO
Contact:

Re: Coolest Places in Nature?

Post by Edme1 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:40 am

That looks like an amazing place, Queens! I have not been there but I want to go to Stonehenge. ;_;

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _07_30.jpg
Bustin' makes me feel good~

"Advance or a8scond!"

♋ ♈ ♉ ♊ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

http://blueranyk.deviantart.com/
Av from Homestuck

Selize
Pup
Pup
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:59 am
Gender: Female
Location: Eating my glorious food ❤
Contact:

Re: Coolest Places in Nature?

Post by Selize » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:04 pm

There are so many really cool places on earth. If I could, I'd name 100 of them but these ones are at the top of my list :)

The Great Barrier Reef, Australia-
http://www.itsnature.org/Natural_Wonder ... r-Reef.jpg

Mediterranean Sea, Greece-
http://blog.dolmenyachts.com/wp-content ... 0x1200.jpg
yoυ we re a ѕм all вυмp υnвorn,
тнen тorn ғroм lιғe,
мayвe yoυ were needed υp тнere,
we're ѕтιll υnѕυre wнy


Avvie ©brebear.dA
Signature ©Ed Sheeran (Small Bump)

User avatar
Edme1
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Posts: 681
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:47 pm
Gender: Female
Location: SUMMON THY WARHAMMER OF ZILLYHOO
Contact:

Re: Coolest Places in Nature?

Post by Edme1 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:54 pm

Selize wrote:There are so many really cool places on earth. If I could, I'd name 100 of them but these ones are at the top of my list :)

The Great Barrier Reef, Australia-
http://www.itsnature.org/Natural_Wonder ... r-Reef.jpg

Mediterranean Sea, Greece-
http://blog.dolmenyachts.com/wp-content ... 0x1200.jpg
Very cool, Selize! The Great Barrier Reef is amazing, and I didn't know that the Mediterranean Sea looked so amazing! Thanks for sharing that with us. :)

Also, I found a link to Gooseberry Park:

http://andyouknow.files.wordpress.com/2 ... -falls.jpg
Bustin' makes me feel good~

"Advance or a8scond!"

♋ ♈ ♉ ♊ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

http://blueranyk.deviantart.com/
Av from Homestuck

Selize
Pup
Pup
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:59 am
Gender: Female
Location: Eating my glorious food ❤
Contact:

Re: Coolest Places in Nature?

Post by Selize » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:09 pm

Edme1 wrote:
Selize wrote:There are so many really cool places on earth. If I could, I'd name 100 of them but these ones are at the top of my list :)

The Great Barrier Reef, Australia-
http://www.itsnature.org/Natural_Wonder ... r-Reef.jpg

Mediterranean Sea, Greece-
http://blog.dolmenyachts.com/wp-content ... 0x1200.jpg
Very cool, Selize! The Great Barrier Reef is amazing, and I didn't know that the Mediterranean Sea looked so amazing! Thanks for sharing that with us. :)

Also, I found a link to Gooseberry Park:

http://andyouknow.files.wordpress.com/2 ... -falls.jpg
No problem :D. That's a cool place you found. I wonder why it's called Gooseberry Park?
yoυ we re a ѕм all вυмp υnвorn,
тнen тorn ғroм lιғe,
мayвe yoυ were needed υp тнere,
we're ѕтιll υnѕυre wнy


Avvie ©brebear.dA
Signature ©Ed Sheeran (Small Bump)

User avatar
Edme1
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Posts: 681
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:47 pm
Gender: Female
Location: SUMMON THY WARHAMMER OF ZILLYHOO
Contact:

Re: Coolest Places in Nature?

Post by Edme1 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:47 pm

Selize wrote:
Edme1 wrote:
Selize wrote:There are so many really cool places on earth. If I could, I'd name 100 of them but these ones are at the top of my list :)

The Great Barrier Reef, Australia-
http://www.itsnature.org/Natural_Wonder ... r-Reef.jpg

Mediterranean Sea, Greece-
http://blog.dolmenyachts.com/wp-content ... 0x1200.jpg
Very cool, Selize! The Great Barrier Reef is amazing, and I didn't know that the Mediterranean Sea looked so amazing! Thanks for sharing that with us. :)

Also, I found a link to Gooseberry Park:

http://andyouknow.files.wordpress.com/2 ... -falls.jpg
No problem :D. That's a cool place you found. I wonder why it's called Gooseberry Park?
Interesting question. I'm actually not quite sure. I don't know if the answer is here, but here's a link to some information about Gooseberry Falls State Park. http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/ ... ative.html
Bustin' makes me feel good~

"Advance or a8scond!"

♋ ♈ ♉ ♊ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

http://blueranyk.deviantart.com/
Av from Homestuck

User avatar
Quivira
Former WQ Moderator
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:39 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Vvardenfell
Contact:

Re: Coolest Places in Nature?

Post by Quivira » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:56 pm

The most beautiful places I've basically seen in the world are the Grand Canyon, just American deserts in general, and just basically any snowy/rocky mountain in general.

I would love to go to Yosemite and see the nature there or Yellowstone. Both the places seem so pretty. Same with the sand dunes in Africa, Mt. Everest/Himalayas, the Pyramids, ancient cities like the Inca City of Machu Picchu, Antelope Canyon, and so many other places. There's way too many places I want to see before I die. LOL

This site has some amazing pictures of the most beautiful places on Earth. I basically want to visit all of them. : |

http://terre.sans.frontiere.free.fr/pag ... op_100.htm


Snakes

knives
-- Butch  Deloria

avatar/sig © Lupinzpack/twinlinskis

User avatar
Edme1
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Posts: 681
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:47 pm
Gender: Female
Location: SUMMON THY WARHAMMER OF ZILLYHOO
Contact:

Re: Coolest Places in Nature?

Post by Edme1 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:09 am

Redsky wrote:The most beautiful places I've basically seen in the world are the Grand Canyon, just American deserts in general, and just basically any snowy/rocky mountain in general.

I would love to go to Yosemite and see the nature there or Yellowstone. Both the places seem so pretty. Same with the sand dunes in Africa, Mt. Everest/Himalayas, the Pyramids, ancient cities like the Inca City of Machu Picchu, Antelope Canyon, and so many other places. There's way too many places I want to see before I die. LOL

This site has some amazing pictures of the most beautiful places on Earth. I basically want to visit all of them. : |

http://terre.sans.frontiere.free.fr/pag ... op_100.htm
:shock: My bucket list has now quadrupled in size. xD I've always wanted to go in a submarine and see some weird deep-sea fish. http://www.imagequestmarine.com/photos/ ... h/l006.jpg Just beware...it's a little creepy.
Bustin' makes me feel good~

"Advance or a8scond!"

♋ ♈ ♉ ♊ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

http://blueranyk.deviantart.com/
Av from Homestuck

Selize
Pup
Pup
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:59 am
Gender: Female
Location: Eating my glorious food ❤
Contact:

Re: Coolest Places in Nature?

Post by Selize » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:02 pm

Edme1 wrote:
Redsky wrote:The most beautiful places I've basically seen in the world are the Grand Canyon, just American deserts in general, and just basically any snowy/rocky mountain in general.

I would love to go to Yosemite and see the nature there or Yellowstone. Both the places seem so pretty. Same with the sand dunes in Africa, Mt. Everest/Himalayas, the Pyramids, ancient cities like the Inca City of Machu Picchu, Antelope Canyon, and so many other places. There's way too many places I want to see before I die. LOL

This site has some amazing pictures of the most beautiful places on Earth. I basically want to visit all of them. : |

http://terre.sans.frontiere.free.fr/pag ... op_100.htm
:shock: My bucket list has now quadrupled in size. xD I've always wanted to go in a submarine and see some weird deep-sea fish. http://www.imagequestmarine.com/photos/ ... h/l006.jpg Just beware...it's a little creepy.
Oh, that's an Angler Fish :D. If you've seen Finding Nemo it is the fish they see while in the insanely dark abyss thing. Oh, and Gooseberry Falls State Park seems like a really interesting place! ^^
yoυ we re a ѕм all вυмp υnвorn,
тнen тorn ғroм lιғe,
мayвe yoυ were needed υp тнere,
we're ѕтιll υnѕυre wнy


Avvie ©brebear.dA
Signature ©Ed Sheeran (Small Bump)

User avatar
Edme1
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Posts: 681
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:47 pm
Gender: Female
Location: SUMMON THY WARHAMMER OF ZILLYHOO
Contact:

Re: Coolest Places in Nature?

Post by Edme1 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:03 am

Selize wrote:
Edme1 wrote:
Redsky wrote:The most beautiful places I've basically seen in the world are the Grand Canyon, just American deserts in general, and just basically any snowy/rocky mountain in general.

I would love to go to Yosemite and see the nature there or Yellowstone. Both the places seem so pretty. Same with the sand dunes in Africa, Mt. Everest/Himalayas, the Pyramids, ancient cities like the Inca City of Machu Picchu, Antelope Canyon, and so many other places. There's way too many places I want to see before I die. LOL

This site has some amazing pictures of the most beautiful places on Earth. I basically want to visit all of them. : |

http://terre.sans.frontiere.free.fr/pag ... op_100.htm
:shock: My bucket list has now quadrupled in size. xD I've always wanted to go in a submarine and see some weird deep-sea fish. http://www.imagequestmarine.com/photos/ ... h/l006.jpg Just beware...it's a little creepy.
Oh, that's an Angler Fish :D. If you've seen Finding Nemo it is the fish they see while in the insanely dark abyss thing. Oh, and Gooseberry Falls State Park seems like a really interesting place! ^^
It definitely is! Another thing to add to my bucket list: Go spelunking. Spelunking is basically cave-exploring. Like this~
http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/spelunking-2.jpg
Bustin' makes me feel good~

"Advance or a8scond!"

♋ ♈ ♉ ♊ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

http://blueranyk.deviantart.com/
Av from Homestuck

User avatar
WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:08 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Twilight Breaking Dawn. Chapter 21, Page 258.
Contact:

Re: Coolest Places in Nature?

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:59 am

Scary place well i love to relax here^^
http://i47.tinypic.com/9a732a.jpg
Thanks Wolf Thief for the avvie! I love it! Ill be stalking you c:

STAY OUT MY MIRROR, STAY OUT OF MY WAY

User avatar
Edme1
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Posts: 681
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:47 pm
Gender: Female
Location: SUMMON THY WARHAMMER OF ZILLYHOO
Contact:

Re: Coolest Places in Nature?

Post by Edme1 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:33 am

WolvesOfTheSeas wrote:Scary place well i love to relax here^^
http://i47.tinypic.com/9a732a.jpg
Wow, that looks amazing! I want to relax there too now. :u I've always wanted to go to the Amazon Rainforest. ;-;
http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/images/ ... forest.jpg
Bustin' makes me feel good~

"Advance or a8scond!"

♋ ♈ ♉ ♊ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

http://blueranyk.deviantart.com/
Av from Homestuck

Post Reply

Return to “Nature & Wildlife”