Snakes!

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature Photography subforum to submit your own photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Snow_Paw
Pup
Pup
Location: - Runs into tree - O o im in heaven - fallls - Ahhhhhhhhhh -Splat!- X_X Blah Im Dead

Snakes!

Post by Snow_Paw » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:28 pm

One day my dad was cutting grass ( i think ) and he found a Green Snake!! So he told me mom to get me my brothers and my sister It Was really cool!
Another snake ive seen is my friends its a corn snake called Drake well One day i was holding him and He pooped On me! Lol

Howlin' Wolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Snakes!

Post by Howlin' Wolf » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:39 pm

lol once i found a little garden snake while i was watering my moms flowers, it was so cute! :mrgreen:
Meep.
......what? you want me to say something else? :O Okay....THIS. IS. SPARTAAAAA!
(btw, mai multiplayer account name ish BlackRose567; named after my wolfie character herself. :3

Juno Alaska
Pup
Pup

Post by Juno Alaska » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:44 pm

yeah, my brother has an albino corn snake, her name is grits. shes not tame so when ever you touch her or pick her up she gets scared and poops on you! lol! :lol:

I LUV catching snakes! I'm really good at it too. my friend has a mom who is TERRIFIED of them :shock: . I caught one in her yard, and it bit me :x . she was so scared she locked the door, and wouldn't give me the stuff to heal my bite :? ! so i had to walk home with the snake! if i left it there, she would have had someone kill it! :x
...................be everything you wanted
..........................be who you are
................but don't be for someone else
.........................be for your sake
....everything you love and care for is a part of you
.........................part of your life
........................part of your being
......................it all depends on you

..............................stay true

.................................Juno
............................Lead Hunter
.........................of SilentSunset
.........................avatar by April
.....................Best Buddy: Bluerain
.....................:I support Moderaters:.

Snow_Paw
Pup
Pup
Location: - Runs into tree - O o im in heaven - fallls - Ahhhhhhhhhh -Splat!- X_X Blah Im Dead

Post by Snow_Paw » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:49 pm

Oh cool except for the part where your friends mom locked the doors and didnt give you the stuff for the bite lol

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:55 pm

I find tons of green snakes at my house but when we usually find them they are dead cause they got eaten by a bird then ran over by my moms car. lol :cry:

Snow_Paw
Pup
Pup

Post by Snow_Paw » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:56 pm

Lol that sucks see ya in the game snow! :D

Starry63

Post by Starry63 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:06 pm

Not a huge fan of snakes but my cats love them. One time my cat brought me a dead snake. Or atleast i thought it was. I picked it up to go make a grave for it when it all of a sudden started hissing and squirming :shock: I screamed and ran into the house. And that is how i've come to not like snakes, lol :)

Snow_Paw
Pup
Pup

Post by Snow_Paw » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:16 pm

Lol i want a snake for a pet but my mom says no D:

Howlin' Wolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Howlin' Wolf » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:38 pm

I've seen some little tiny lizzards in florida, and my mom might let me keep some of those as pets, but she's not a big fan of snakes, sadly :cry: .....that and my dog would probably give it a heart attack or something lol :lol:
Meep.
......what? you want me to say something else? :O Okay....THIS. IS. SPARTAAAAA!
(btw, mai multiplayer account name ish BlackRose567; named after my wolfie character herself. :3

Sula
Pup
Pup
Location: Um those socks that have been siting in your room for three weeks are really starting to stink!

Post by Sula » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:39 pm

Lots of snakes live in the bushes at my house :mrgreen:
Love + Hope= Peace

Avi Breanna SUPPORTMODS

The White Wolf
Pup
Pup

Post by The White Wolf » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:26 pm

I have a lot of snakes that I catch and release pine-wood snakes,black racers,ring-neck snakes,eastern legless lizard (more of a lizard not snake),corn snakes,garter snakes and water moccasins.I've also come across eastern garden moles because I love to dig.Here's a picture of the mole of course we released him,it's inhumane to keep an animal from the wild its wrong as well.

http://www.freewebs.com/eloquentemma/ap ... ID=5039868

Anyway I absolutely love snakes as well as any animal
"Cut off a wolf's head and it still has the power to bite."
---------------------------------------Lady Eboshi from Irontown

fallingfeather
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by fallingfeather » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:51 am

At my old house, my sister and I would always try to catch those Black Racer snakes. They always went in a bush where we coulden't get them though.

Shakene
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shakene » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:58 pm

I live far enough north that there aren't a lot of different snake species, but there are enough to catch! And release, of course :) Garter Snakes are the most common, but my dad and I caught a 4 foot Northern Water Snake once. There are also ring-neck and milk snakes, though no poisonous snakes. My mom wants to get a pet snake, but we all would have a hard time feeding it mice, even the frozen ones. Not that we're squeamish, or anything, but rather the fact that I've had several pet mice, which became very socialized and beloved pets during their short, 2 year lives. So I content myself with just seeing snakes in the wild, and bringing them home for a day or two, to study behaviors and all that. My ultimate snake goal is to catch a Smooth Green Snake- yes, that is the name of the species, not a description. They are exquisite creatures, with a vibrant emerald back, and a cream belly. They're small, only growing to about twenty inches, and I have yet to see one. But according to several field guides, they live around me, so I'm still tromping through fields, forests, rivers, cellar holes, ponds, marshes, glacial boulders, backyards, you name it.
Shakene/Miststar

Leader of MoonClan!

The White Wolf
Pup
Pup

Post by The White Wolf » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:27 pm

I do envy snakes,I would like to get a Peruvian red-tailed boa when I'm older.A great place to look for snakes is sometimes in trees and under stones and logs.I try not to cause them to much stress by keeping them for a couple days.Most animals can die of severe stress.I usually catch them hold them for a few minutes,look at individual differences,release them and see if they have a particular gait as they slither off.I also keep track of the snakes so I can distinguish them.Some have certain scars and markings that I jot done in a journal I created (I actually do this with every animal).I call them names as well based on the markings.Sabbath is a black racer that had healed wounds near the end of his tail,he also had some scales missing and he had a certain way he's eyes and scales looked.Same with almost every animal I meet and or see,they all seem to have different, almost unremarkable things about them that no one else can see but me.They're all different even in the most smallest and biggest ways it seems (in my view).We also just recently caught a bat too.We wore gloves of course,but back to snakes.
"Cut off a wolf's head and it still has the power to bite."
---------------------------------------Lady Eboshi from Irontown

king1-7
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by king1-7 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:44 pm

My dad is thinking of getting a bull python. We visited a reptile house-type place in Missouri, and one of the owners got dad interested in them.

He also has several resident garter snakes in his yard. One of them was so tiny that it latched on to my finger and didn't even leave any teeth marks.
Rest in peace, sisters Lakota and Mackenzie

Avvie by me