Green Paws II | M = 18

Topics contained within this archive have been archived from General Other Topic Discussion, Science & Technology and Sports, Adventure & Travel among others.
paperpaws
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Green Paws II

Post by paperpaws » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:51 am

There definetly are a lot of seagulls around our school as well... Every day after 3 PM the sixth-graders are assigned to clean up the trash outside, but before that time the seagulls eat a lot of the trash. Usually crisps and other salty/unhealthy stuff.
wyrd bið ful aræd
* inactive until further notice due to time and hardware limitations

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:50 am

A lot of things Seagulls pick up off the ground are not healthy for them, but they are scavengers so the best thing to do with that is to just try and throw as much garbage as you can in the trash. Though they can also been seen around places such as lakes, or Lake Ontario where it has a lot of pollution and such. They hang around there everyday, so it's pretty bad to swim in the water due to the Seagull infestation.
............'..........Avatar by Zethra

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Thanks for adding me, Dom :D
Silverness wrote:There definetly are a lot of seagulls around our school as well... Every day after 3 PM the sixth-graders are assigned to clean up the trash outside, but before that time the seagulls eat a lot of the trash. Usually crisps and other salty/unhealthy stuff.
We have a group of people clean up the majority of the rubbish during Lunch (usually people who have misbehaved, so it's used of a punishment x3). After, if there's any which is in sight, during lessons the cleaners will usually scan the school grounds for it.
Zethra wrote:A lot of things Seagulls pick up off the ground are not healthy for them, but they are scavengers so the best thing to do with that is to just try and throw as much garbage as you can in the trash. Though they can also been seen around places such as lakes, or Lake Ontario where it has a lot of pollution and such. They hang around there everyday, so it's pretty bad to swim in the water due to the Seagull infestation.
^ I completely agree with that, I'd assume that the less rubbish there is, the lesser the seagulls and what not would be.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

-Sheeba
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by -Sheeba » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Ha, just realized you're the only non-mod in the Green Paws team, Dom x3

We don't have much of a seagull problem at our school, but there are a nice few crows that enjoy picking garbage off the school's sidewalk. However, this has decreased since the banning of eating outside has been put into a place, and I'm personally glad they decided to step up and do something about it. Though, the problem of crows wasn't the only reason they put it into effect, since general littering is obviously bad for the environment. We also have large garbage and recycling bins that are well sealed so crows can't pick at garbage in them.
This account is no longer active.

New account: Sheeba Wolf

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:53 am

lol yeah I've noticed that!

Crows? That's the first time I've heard of that, though I guess it's understandable as they are scavengers aswell. My school has banned eating in the halls because of the litter that was going on, although a lot of the students are against this(I can see why, the café is really noisy, crowded and a bit unclean in my opinion). But it does keep litter off the ground, and prevents a huge mess of the halls for those who don't bother trying to find a trash can. It bugs me whenever there is food/wrapper laying on the ground in the hall and same thing for drink messes that the person didn't bother to clean up. So the rule that was passed does make a bit of sense.

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:02 am

Zethra wrote:lol yeah I've noticed that!

Crows? That's the first time I've heard of that, though I guess it's understandable as they are scavengers aswell. My school has banned eating in the halls because of the litter that was going on, although a lot of the students are against this(I can see why, the café is really noisy, crowded and a bit unclean in my opinion). But it does keep litter off the ground, and prevents a huge mess of the halls for those who don't bother trying to find a trash can. It bugs me whenever there is food/wrapper laying on the ground in the hall and same thing for drink messes that the person didn't bother to clean up. So the rule that was passed does make a bit of sense.
Interesting, in my school we are pretty much allowed to eat anywhere (apart classrooms, of course). Also, I kind of get what you mean about seeing rubbish about that the person doesn't bother to pick up, a lot of that happens here. Some students even shove their rubbish into the bushes and what not, so they don't get told off for littering, but, in my opinion thats just worser than leaving it on the floor.
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:34 am

Well, I haven't really seen people shoving garbage in bushes and such over her. What I usually see is them sticking it in desks if the desk has an underneath, gum under desks, or throwing it at a garbage can and not bothering to pick it up if it misses (though usually my friends go and pick it up and put it in if it misses the trash). However, I have seen kids through pop cans etc. on the ground in front yards, stuff like that. But sticking it is bushes, is quite interesting, but not to healthy for the bush.

Swift Night
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Location: Find a little doodle that says "don't press !" press it.

Post by Swift Night » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:23 am

Hey Domino , good thing to see this back up and running. May I join as a contributor?

Zethra wrote:Well, I haven't really seen people shoving garbage in bushes and such over her. What I usually see is them sticking it in desks if the desk has an underneath, gum under desks, or throwing it at a garbage can and not bothering to pick it up if it misses (though usually my friends go and pick it up and put it in if it misses the trash). However, I have seen kids through pop cans etc. on the ground in front yards, stuff like that. But sticking it is bushes, is quite interesting, but not to healthy for the bush.
It is a shame when people throw trash on other peoples yard or not there property. Also it can hurt a pacing animal . I have seen a dear get tangled up in wire that was just laying down in the park. The deer got free though and I put up the wire against a tree.
╔══╗──╔╦═╦╔═╦╦ ╔╗╔╗
║══╬╦╦╬╣═╣╚╗║║║╠╬═╣╚╣╚╗
╠══║║║║║╔╣╔╣║║║║║║║║╔╣
╚══╩══╩╩╝╚═╝╚╩═╩╬╗╠╩╩═╝
────────────────╚═╝
..http://midnight-the-wolf-wq.deviantart.com/
My avvie is my creation of Midnight.

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:37 am

Swift Night wrote:Hey Domino , good thing to see this back up and running. May I join as a contributor?
Added you as a commentator for now, I will change it in a few moments after one question; Which area/rank did you mean by contributor?

DeletedLyrics
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by DeletedLyrics » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:56 am

I'd like to join! This sounds like I'd be fun. [:
I'd like to join as a Commentator if I could.
----------------------
I support P.A.W.S!
Prevent
Another
Wolf
Slaughter
----------------------
Singing is the best way to cure depression <3
----------------------

wolfyattitude
Yearling
Yearling

Post by wolfyattitude » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:57 am

I love the enviroment.
╔═══════╗
████████
ÐEatнηΘ†E║
████████
████████
████████
████████
╚═══════╝

Avvie(c)Lupinzpack

Swift Night
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Swift Night » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:59 am

Zethra wrote:
Swift Night wrote:Hey Domino , good thing to see this back up and running. May I join as a contributor?
Added you as a commentator for now, I will change it in a few moments after one question; Which area/rank did you mean by contributor?
Well I meant by discussing topics and giving helpful tips on issues.
╔══╗──╔╦═╦╔═╦╦ ╔╗╔╗
║══╬╦╦╬╣═╣╚╗║║║╠╬═╣╚╣╚╗
╠══║║║║║╔╣╔╣║║║║║║║║╔╣
╚══╩══╩╩╝╚═╝╚╩═╩╬╗╠╩╩═╝
────────────────╚═╝

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:08 am

Ah, so that would be a commentator, so I'll just leave your area how it is. :3
Swift Night wrote:It is a shame when people throw trash on other peoples yard or not there property. Also it can hurt a pacing animal . I have seen a dear get tangled up in wire that was just laying down in the park. The deer got free though and I put up the wire against a tree.
Agreed, since animals are so curious and all about the 'unknown' objects, it's best to throw it in the trash, if possible, instead of leaving it on the ground. And, it's a good thing that the deer managed to get free of that wire.

Swift Night
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Swift Night » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:11 am

It really bad when trash ends up in the ocean though. I don't live near the ocean but I can still help by picking up trash around the river because it can flow down all the way out into the ocean.
╔══╗──╔╦═╦╔═╦╦ ╔╗╔╗
║══╬╦╦╬╣═╣╚╗║║║╠╬═╣╚╣╚╗
╠══║║║║║╔╣╔╣║║║║║║║║╔╣
╚══╩══╩╩╝╚═╝╚╩═╩╬╗╠╩╩═╝
────────────────╚═╝

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:20 pm

It's great to see that a couple of more people have joined =D Welcome to the team, folks!
Swift Night wrote:It really bad when trash ends up in the ocean though. I don't live near the ocean but I can still help by picking up trash around the river because it can flow down all the way out into the ocean.
Indeed, it is definitely bad if trash gets caught up in the ocean, particularly since it can really affect and wilife and what not.
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Return to “Other Topics Archive”