Green Paws II | M = 18

Topics contained within this archive have been archived from General Other Topic Discussion, Science & Technology and Sports, Adventure & Travel among others.
SpiritPelt

Re: Green Paws II

Post by SpiritPelt » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:44 am

I wish to join and I want to be a researcher. If youre a researcher do you just look up information about environmental things?

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:53 am

SpiritPelt wrote:I wish to join and I want to be a researcher. If youre a researcher do you just look up information about environmental things?
Hey SpiritPelt, great to see that your interested in joining! I'm sure that Zethra would be more than happy to accept you, though otherwise, best of luck in getting in!

And yes, if your a researcher, youll just have to research things such as the environment. There is a brief description about Reseachers on the first post ;)
Researcher – People who research global environmental issues and happenings to discuss.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

SpiritPelt

Post by SpiritPelt » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:19 pm

Okay, cool. I'll be happy to join. (:

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Kali

Post by Alpha Female » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:11 pm

Oh my, I'm surprised I didn't see this sooner! I would love to join as a Commentator if that's alright. :3
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:17 am

Great to see that the topic is starting to get a bit more popular, thanks for answering that question Silver! I was not able to get on sooner, as I was a bit busy yesterday afternoon, but I will go and add you both up to the list right now as a Researcher and a Commentator. Thanks for taking interest!
............'..........Avatar by Zethra

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:48 am

Zethra wrote:Great to see that the topic is starting to get a bit more popular, thanks for answering that question Silver! I was not able to get on sooner, as I was a bit busy yesterday afternoon, but I will go and add you both up to the list right now as a Researcher and a Commentator. Thanks for taking interest!
Indeed, it is nice to see the thread becoming more popular ^^ And thats fine, Zethra, it's more than understandable if you were busy and what not.

Anyway, welcome to the team, guys!
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

SpiritPelt

Post by SpiritPelt » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:22 pm

Sorry, just one question, do the researchers post on this topic or make a new topic that will tell the information?

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:28 am

SpiritPelt wrote:Sorry, just one question, do the researchers post on this topic or make a new topic that will tell the information?
I'd assume that the information the researchers find would post it on here, so the information can stay in one place and we'll be able to have a discussion here. Information could possibly also posted on the Green Paws website (we don't have a website right now, though I believe it's currently understand construction?) - as far as I'm aware anyway. This was also done in the previous Green Paws thread, though, it could have been changed for all we know currently ^^'
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:13 am

SpiritPelt wrote:Sorry, just one question, do the researchers post on this topic or make a new topic that will tell the information?
Silver is correct, information found for discussion is posted on the topic here as it was before.
SilverHybrid wrote:(we don't have a website right now, though I believe it's currently understand construction?)
Yep, I'll be working on the website. Just need to work out the artwork (buttons and such) and use the software on my parent's computer or get Dreamweaver on another computer, as NVU doesn't seem to be co-operating with me.

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:48 am

Zethra wrote:Yep, I'll be working on the website. Just need to work out the artwork (buttons and such) and use the software on my parent's computer or get Dreamweaver on another computer, as NVU doesn't seem to be co-operating with me.
Ah, I see, sounds good ^^ I look forward in seeing the website when it's finnished! I'm sure it'll be a good representative website of Green Paws.
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

SpiritPelt

Post by SpiritPelt » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:09 am

The black rhino and other rhinos are an endangered species. People have unfairly treated them like they have with elephant. There is an African team that is called Save the Rhino. They help rhinos from being killed and fundraise by having a London Marathon- 2011 and 2012. They are truly life savers for the rhino, they are rare to see and this team wants to bring the population back, many people have tried this and been successful. Even Oprah had an episode on adopting a rhino or elephant. Disney Nature is having an episode on that same place too. I am really glad that people are doing so much to help endangered species, it really inspires me. I donate all the time, xD.
If you want to go to the site, copy and paste this adress:
http://www.savetherhino.org/etargetsrin ... gwodWWuhAA

Its long but its worth it. (:

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:15 am

Never got around to joining while Sintact created the original Green Paws, but I'd love to help out with this one. =3
So...perhaps I join as a commentator for right now =D? I'd like to learn a few new things~

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:43 am

Thanks for the information, Spirit! I admit, it is sad to see/hear about animals being treated 'unfairly', per say. It's good to see that people are doing something about it, and it definitley does seem like something quite inspiring.
Kivia wrote:Never got around to joining while Sintact created the original Green Paws, but I'd love to help out with this one. =3
So...perhaps I join as a commentator for right now =D? I'd like to learn a few new things~
Good to see ye interested, Kiv! I hope your accepted c:
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:00 pm

SilverHybrid wrote:
Kivia wrote:Never got around to joining while Sintact created the original Green Paws, but I'd love to help out with this one. =3
Good to see ye interested, Kiv! I hope your accepted c:
Good to see you're interested. I've already added you up, so welcome to the team!

And, that is really interesting SpiritPelt, it's good to see that people are willing to help though(I'll be sure to read the thing at the link too when I get a chance).

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Kali

Post by Alpha Female » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:49 pm

Welcome to the team Kiv. =3

I'm glad people are definitely helping the rhino's. I've also heard rhino's are being poached a lot more this year then previous years, so I'm very glad people are helping out. I'm hoping to "adopt" an animal sometime soon, I've already donated a couple times to WWF. ^^
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

Return to “Other Topics Archive”