Community Update 12/26/07

Archived news, updates and announcements.
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Community Update 12/26/07

Post by loboLoco » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:13 pm

Well, that was a wild ride. Over 4,000 people downloaded the game in the first 12 hours, which overwhelmed our hosting turtle, and got us booted off of it. We quickly set up an alternate server, and then got to work on a new dedicated server that could handle this kind of traffic. We got that running Saturday afternoon, but with the holiday weekend, it took some time to get the Community forum back online as well.

In first five days since the launch, over 13,000 people have downloaded the game. To put it mildly, we weren't really prepared for this level of interest!

We appreciate the comments and bug reports that we've gotten. We regret that we're unable to provide personal tech support (it's a free game, after all), but we are working on bug fixes and will release another update as soon as we can.

And as a reminder if you find a bug:
1) Don't start a new thread on the forum. Instead, report it to bugs@wolfquest.org, as described in the manual. Otherwise, there's no guarantee that we'll hear about it.
2) If you have a question that other players might be able to help with, ask about it on the forum. These could range from technical suggestions (e.g. how to do "port forwarding" to get multiplayer working behind a firewall) to strategy tips (e.g. how to woo a mate).
3) If you see a thread about a question or problem that you're having, keep an eye on it in case someone does respond. But please keep the chatter on those to a minimum--if someone does post a suggestion, we don't want it to show up on page four, way down after a hundred "me too" posts.

Thanks, and enjoy the game!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Timberlake
Pup
Pup

Re: Community Update 12/26/07

Post by Timberlake » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:47 am

Yay the Forums are back! I missed everyone! Hope everyone had a merry christmas( for the people who celibrate it) I went on, on the 21st, and I was confused, it was like "Wolfquest.org Helful links", and "The site is currenty gone"! I was like What the? :shock:
If they could see you now
They would shurly bow
In the honor of your presence dear
You've come
The cameras blind your eye
Here's the big surprise:
Flash never lasts
You've gotta pay your way back in
Pop-Punk Is So '05- Cobra Starship

Whitefang2331
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Whitefang2331 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:46 am

Timberlake wrote:Yay the Forums are back! I missed everyone! Hope everyone had a merry christmas( for the people who celibrate it) I went on, on the 21st, and I was confused, it was like "Wolfquest.org Helful links", and "The site is currenty gone"! I was like What the? :shock:
lol I was confused. lol but its a acctually sort of a good thing because it means that the only reason that they were booted of the thing was because wolfquest was downloaded so much and there was a lot of people who were interested. :mrgreen: lol but yeah at first I was like :shock: huh? what happend? lol
Proud female beta warrior of Undine Falls Pack!

(Avatar made by Banshee! Its MouseSky!)

ChocolateRain
Yearling
Yearling

Post by ChocolateRain » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:21 am

Finally! Congrats on all this popularity thats alotta downloads. :shock:

WQ (BaltoSource)

Post by WQ (BaltoSource) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:49 am

:shock: 13,000 people in 5 days. Its like a locust swarm! :mrgreen: yay for WolfQuest popularity! lol

SwanSong
Pup
Pup

Post by SwanSong » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:25 am

Glad to see that the site is back up again. :)
"A prince does not look back;
Only ahead."

Spree
Pup
Pup

Post by Spree » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:24 pm

Wolfquest seems to Be an a+ website... 103%
Merry Christmas!

Twilight12343
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Twilight12343 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:16 pm

i was really surprized to see how many people wanted to download this game! and there was so many pple that the community crashed! lol thats ALOT of pple!

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”