Slough Creek: There will be bugs

Archived news, updates and announcements.
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Slough Creek: There will be bugs

Post by loboLoco » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:18 pm

We appreciate everyone's enthusiasm and eagerness over the past year to play Slough Creek. The entire WolfQuest development team, including our diligent beta testers, has worked long and hard to create this new episode and we're delighted (and somewhat exhausted) to finally release it.

If you read the forum, you know we've been battling bugs for awhile, and we finally got enough squashed to release the game. That isn't to say the game is bug-free now. We've got a handful of bugs on our list that we simply couldn't replicate reliably, or debug sufficiently to fix. We also didn't complete several dozen tweaks, refinements, and minor bugfixes that we'd hoped to do to polish the game. But we've simply run out of time and money. And since WolfQuest is a free game to download and play, money is unfortunately limited. These bugs and refinements are still on our task list and we'll be working on them as we continue developing the game in the next phase, so you can definitely wait for future releases if you prefer to play something closer to a bug-free game.

If you find a bug that impedes your gameplay, the best thing to do is simply save your game and reload it. That will solve the problem 99% of the time.

We welcome bug reports, but if you want to send one in, please make it as helpful as you can by following the instructions in the Troubleshooting section of the manual. Maybe we'll even hold a contest for the most spectacular bug reported by a player!

AWolfSpirit
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Re: Slough Creek: There will be bugs

Post by AWolfSpirit » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:06 am

I noticed many bugs, although it was great. My pups floated, it said my pup was drowning, when I wasn't in the creek, and so on. Lol!

I'll be sure to try out for that contest, thank you for your hard work guys!

Ariel
Pup
Pup

Post by Ariel » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:13 am

Found out I can't save, found it a bit odd. Can't hit esc and restart, or close it. I have to quit all the way and restart my game. Here's a pic.

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm4/ ... tled-5.jpg
Last edited by Ariel on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

surtor
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by surtor » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:14 am

i noticed some bugs too. My mate doesn't move she just runs in place and if i push her she starts to slide, also i kept regurgitating food forever while a coyote went and killed all my pups i couldn't move! haha, also i decided to look for a strange wolf so i went to a purple place (the one on the bottom of the map) and i found the scent but it went off the map where i couldn't reach, so i went the other way but the scent kept getting fainter! :( but other than those, i LOVE the ranch idea the setting and everything!! thanks guys!! :mrgreen:

(also i dont like how in multiplayer it has our account name :( i really want it to be our wolf name again! :mrgreen: thanks!!

SonyWolf

Post by SonyWolf » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:19 am

Maybe it isn't bug-free, but it's awesome! Thank you so much WQ team! I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm glad you delayed it, too! Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH WQ TEAM!!!

Icepaw12
Pup
Pup

Post by Icepaw12 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:20 am

surtor wrote:i noticed some bugs too. My mate doesn't move she just runs in place and if i push her she starts to slide, also i kept regurgitating food forever while a coyote went and killed all my pups i couldn't move! haha, also i decided to look for a strange wolf so i went to a purple place (the one on the bottom of the map) and i found the scent but it went off the map where i couldn't reach, so i went the other way but the scent kept getting fainter! :( but other than those, i LOVE the ranch idea the setting and everything!! thanks guys!! :mrgreen:

(also i dont like how in multiplayer it has our account name :( i really want it to be our wolf name again! :mrgreen: thanks!!
I have had the same bug were my mate just runs in place. All you have to do is Howl and they start moving again. :mrgreen:

I have also had a glich when I was battling a Coyote and when it died the screen started going crazy.

Mute
Pup
Pup

Post by Mute » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:26 am

Right now, bugs don't even matter to me, because I'm utterly excited. o3o Thanks again, Wolfquest Team!

wolfkid123
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by wolfkid123 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:29 am

Yeah, there were alot of bugs but you guys did a great job though. One big thing that bugs me is that on the multiplayer you can't change your wolf's name..-sigh-

Marenna
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Marenna » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:32 am

:D Well to be honest i dont care its an awsome game. Good job with game i luv it

deirdre222266
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by deirdre222266 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:34 am

I love it!!! and bbugs are ok
but it wont let me on the muli player...i dont know what to do :!: :roll: :lol:

Silver Shadow
Pup
Pup

Post by Silver Shadow » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:39 am

I'm keeping my eyes out for those little buggies already but I bet millions of the same bugs will get reported and I will be no help at all just more spam. Will keep my eyes open...haha my wolf pup is floating upside down. o_0

Jazkinz10
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Jazkinz10 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:48 am

Ohh i have some bugs ^.^ (Yes I'm rarely even on this fourm, play WQ to much ><)

1. The pup seem to be.. floating.. in.. circles.. o.O

2. My mate runs in place like others said, All i do is howl and he starts moving again.

3. I glitch when I'm trying to feed the pups or such and then a bear of some sort comes along and kills everyone Ugh x.x

4. Ok well i don't really think this is a bug but it really "bugs" me. When a bear or a coyote appears, i try to get it. Right? But after the small video clip, im faced (ALWAYS) the other way therefor the enemy kills at least 2-3 pups (Gah those bears got fast..)

5. A few times i notice the sky is on the bottom and the bottom is in.. the sky? o.o

6: I really really enjoy this game, the main thing that bugs me is the 4th thing i put
I really really REALLY am happy with how this turned out i almost died playing this (Haha) Played for a few hours and my dad keeps complaining on how long i have been on.

One more thing i seem to find weird is when a pup is near a den it always jumps up like someone is holding it, over and over again (Way my pup died o.o)

That is all~ ill update if i get the chance.

CoolMeowz
Pup
Pup

Post by CoolMeowz » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:07 am

Hehehehe, I'm currently downloading it. 13% ^^
And to me, also, bugs and glitches, and what so ever doesn't matter, because, I'm over my excitment, I'm currently screaming (for real) and I'm crying from happiness (for real) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

clarab12345678
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by clarab12345678 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:14 am

I'm a noob >_> so I shall ask. when do the pups come? I found a den, but no pups o.o what do I do? I'm marking territory, but there's nothing >.< help?

Showbunny
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Showbunny » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:18 am

50% download - Gah, I can't wait 20 minutes XD.
I've been really excited about this game, so I came on early to see if it was ready ^^. I'm on Vista, so I'll get bugs whatever XD. I'll keep a look out for any bugs, but I'm going to be more intrested in the game to get annoyed by them (well, unless they really annoy me).

Well done for all your hard work WolfQuest Team ^^.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”